PDA

View Full Version : How much is Moss worth now?

mmmdk
09-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Don't get me wrong; I (now) love the JJ pick by TT but Moss just had 9 catches for 183 yards 1TD, longest catch 51 yards.

BallHawk
09-09-2007, 03:18 PM
It depends, how much is Mason Crosby worth?

b bulldog
09-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Who th hell cares about Moss

falco
09-09-2007, 03:22 PM
those numbers probably would have helped our offense.

PackerBlues
09-09-2007, 03:23 PM

Any fan lucky enough to have him on their team. 183 yards from a WR, and you act like its no big fucking deal. Who in the fuck wouldnt want numbers like that from a reciever?

falco
09-09-2007, 03:24 PM

Any fan lucky enough to have him on their team. 183 yards from a WR, and you act like its no big fucking deal. Who in the fuck wouldnt want numbers like that from a reciever?

thats practically more than our entire offense today.

BallHawk
09-09-2007, 03:24 PM

Yes, it would be nice to have that.

It's the past, dude. Get over it. He isn't a member of the Packers. He wasn't playing the Packers. We had this problem with Chad Jackson last year.

If he isn't on our team, don't talk about it.

b bulldog
09-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Moron, it would be nice to have Moss along with Welker,Stallworth,Watson,Maroney and of course Mr Brady!

falco
09-09-2007, 03:26 PM

It's the past, dude. Get over it. He isn't a member of the Packers. He wasn't playing the Packers. We had this problem with Chad Jackson last year.

If he isn't on our team, don't talk about it.

when was that new rule passed?

Lurker64
09-09-2007, 03:27 PM
No fighting after a win. Ted Thompson might have just run over your cat, but our team is 1-0 and that makes it all right.

Badgepack
09-09-2007, 03:35 PM
I don't think Moss get anywhere near those numbers with our offense.

Harlan Huckleby
09-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Moron, it would be nice to have Moss along with Welker,Stallworth,Watson,Maroney and of course Mr Brady!

uhhh, receivers did not catch 9 catches for 183 yards every week for New England last year. Credit where credit is due.

If you're saying Favre did not have time to throw today, OK.

GBRulz
09-09-2007, 03:38 PM
All will be good in NE with Moss as long as he is getting the ball, but once he feels he's getting ignored, is when the problems usually start with him.

b bulldog
09-09-2007, 03:39 PM
My point is that Randy is a player but he is surrounded by much more talent in Pat land than he would have been here in GB. This isn't even arguable! Kind of like Reggie Bush at SC compared to being in the NFL or playing at Cal, big difference.

b bulldog
09-09-2007, 03:40 PM
I'll say it again, Bush is one of the most overrated players in the game.

MJZiggy
09-09-2007, 03:46 PM
I'll say it again, Bush is one of the most overrated players in the game.

I don't know. I think Jarrett did fine today... :wink:

mmmdk
09-09-2007, 03:47 PM
It depends, how much is Mason Crosby worth?

A lot !!! I liked the post game chat between Akers & Crosby; I'm sure Akers told Crosby that if he keeps working hard he's gonna star for the Pack. Kickers are often underrated but I love that stiff camp battle between Rayner & Crosby - Crosby is legit. Rayner should land a job...he's gotta believe.

packinpatland
09-09-2007, 03:51 PM
All will be good in NE with Moss as long as he is getting the ball, but once he feels he's getting ignored, is when the problems usually start with him.

Exactly.

mmmdk
09-09-2007, 03:57 PM

Exactly.

Well, if Moss is kissing the Lombardi trophy come february 2008 then who cares!? Moss is a jerk - that's hardly rocket science - but he's got Greek god given talent at WR.

PackerBlues
09-09-2007, 03:57 PM

Exactly.

Kind of hard to ignore a guy that puts up 183 yards recieving. Unless you are a GB Thompson fan I guess.

the_idle_threat
09-09-2007, 04:00 PM
How much is Moss worth now?

He's worth nothing to us, because he's not on our team.

Nothing we can do about it now.

Same goes for Ahman Green, Justin Griffith, Eric Johnson, etc.

b bulldog
09-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Great post, coundn't have said any better

Lurker64
09-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Kind of hard to ignore a guy that puts up 183 yards recieving. Unless you are a GB Thompson fan I guess.

When he does that against the Eagles catching balls from Favre, I'll pay attention.

But since he doesn't play for us, and we won't play against us (unless it's in the superbowl) he doesn't matter.

GBRulz
09-09-2007, 04:04 PM

Exactly.

Oh, so now someone can't be a TT supporter if they realize that Moss is on another team and have moved on? :roll:

Better not tell JH this.

MJZiggy
09-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Just thought maybe a few of you need reminding...

WE WON!!!

and we're all on the same team too...(at least supposedly)

digitaldean
09-09-2007, 04:13 PM
MJZiggy, very well put.

Yes, I'd like to have Moss on our team. I thought GB cheaped out on this. We probably should have done a better job to get him.

That being said...
Do you think Moss would have gotten 183 yards today?
Does his ability keep the o-line from opening a lot of holes for BJack?

Yeah, I'd like to have Moss, but I would also have liked Shermy to go for it on 4th down and short at Philly in the playoff loss.

All the complaining about it won't bring him here.

It's water under the bridge. Pop up a cold one and enjoy a Packer win. The Packers gave enough games away the last few years. It's about time we get one back!

oregonpackfan
09-09-2007, 04:53 PM

Well put, GBRulz.

When he is not getting the ball, Moss will start complaining to Brady, his OC, Belicek, then the media...

By that time Belicek will have him either on the bench or the street.

No, I don't regret having that explosive powder keg in the Packers locker room at all.

mmmdk
09-09-2007, 04:57 PM
MJZiggy, very well put.

Yes, I'd like to have Moss on our team. I thought GB cheaped out on this. We probably should have done a better job to get him.

That being said...
Do you think Moss would have gotten 183 yards today?
Does his ability keep the o-line from opening a lot of holes for BJack?

Yeah, I'd like to have Moss, but I would also have liked Shermy to go for it on 4th down and short at Philly in the playoff loss.

All the complaining about it won't bring him here.

It's water under the bridge. Pop up a cold one and enjoy a Packer win. The Packers gave enough games away the last few years. It's about time we get one back!

Well put - we won! Moss is with Pats yet Wolf never was shy to bring in the FAs to-go-all-the-way! Packers have the youngsters but where are the go to vets? Sure you get burned in FA but drafts are no locks either. To me, this is simply a train of thought trying to get to the show. Winning is everything...oh and if Packers win it all then this is all mute :)

Partial
09-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Moss is worth $1.50.

He is a chump. I don't want him. He'll be the reason the Chargers beat NE for the AFC crown.

Cheesehead Craig
09-09-2007, 06:33 PM
Hell, by this measuring stick, we should have gone out and gotten Mario Williams, Ben Roethlisberger, Steve Smith and any other player that had a good day today.

Yes, Moss had a good day. Congrats to him and the Pats.

Fritz
09-09-2007, 07:05 PM
I don't think Moss get anywhere near those numbers with our offense.

That's my thinking. Yes, he's a good receiver, but if Moss played for a team that rushed for about 50 yards today, it'd be tough to do what he did.

He ain't a Packer. And the Packers won. Let's enjoy.

esoxx
09-09-2007, 07:31 PM
One thing's for sure.

Moss sure the hell ain't washed up like a lot people in here thought.

VegasPackFan
09-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Moss is definitely not washed up. He can play great when he is motivated to do so, but he is the one that determines that for himself. He is not the kind of player that fits into the GB team or philosophy. MAYBE Favre could have kept him under control, but who knows. I would not want him here tainting the team, especially all our young players with his poison.

His stats to me dont mean squat.

KYPack
09-09-2007, 09:57 PM
I've got it in for Moss. He a pouty cancer.

I don't care if he scored 12 TD's and went for 1100 yards in the same game, I don't want him on the Pack wearing the G&G.

Oh yeah, let's enjoy the win,
let's enjoy the win, let's enjoy the win, let's enjoy the win, let's enjoy the win, let's enjoy the win, let's enjoy the win, let's enjoy the win, let's enjoy the win, let's enjoy the win, let's enjoy the win, and all that shit.

Merlin
09-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Moss is worth $1.50.

He is a chump. I don't want him. He'll be the reason the Chargers beat NE for the AFC crown.

I guess that much production out of a "chump" isn't worth the $1.50. Even though he almost single handedly had more yards then our ENTIRE offense. Sure, he may not put up those kind of numbers every week. On the other hand, we are doomed to put up the numbers we did this week. Add Moss, who knows what "could" have been. It really doesn't matter nor does your moronic statement. Did you even bother to watch Moss in the post game interview? Didn't look like a chump to me, in fact he was as humble as ANYONE has ever seen him.

I knew it wouldn't take long for someone to tout what a great pick Crosby was. Even though he did hit three field goals, that is his job and he is expected to make them. We had a viable field goal kicker in Rayner and what is lost in the translation of "how valuable is the Crosby pick now" mantra is that we really didn't need him. He was probably the BPA at the time and that's why we took him.

gbgary
09-09-2007, 10:06 PM

well...we had that but he was traded to denver.

Scott Campbell
09-09-2007, 10:09 PM
We had a viable field goal kicker in Rayner and what is lost in the translation of "how valuable is the Crosby pick now" mantra is that we really didn't need him.

How many game balls did Rayner earn last year?

I can't imagine a better start to Crosby's career.

Merlin
09-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Crosby had a great start to his career. If I remember correctly, Rayner also had a game winner last year but he wasn't given the game ball, so friggin what?

How's that bandwagon going? Make sure you stay on it when Crosby falters as all kickers do at some point in their career and I am sure you will be the first one to jump ship and scream for us to bring in Vanderjagt.

Lurker64
09-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Merlin-

As I recall, a lot of the draftniks thought Crosby was really special, and Kiper was banging the drum on him from about the third round on. Sometimes those guys are right. But on the other hand, you're right in that he was a BPA pick, but so what? He's likely more valuable to this team this year than anybody else we would have taken with that third sixth round pick. Right now he's not a lot better than Rayner, but he's a little better than Rayner. No reason not to give him credit for today, he kicked well and scored most of our points. If he screws up, gets hurt, or turns out to be terrible we can always get another kicker. Rayner didn't land anywhere yet, did he?

Kiwon
09-10-2007, 07:13 AM

The voice of reason.

Moss showed he can still play, though. That TD pass and catch blowing past three defenders was a thing of beauty. Helps too to have Mr. Accuracy (Tom Brady) throwing you the ball rather than Kerry Collins.

Ahman Green was solid Sunday too. But at least we found a kicker. That should pay dividends for several years.

Zool
09-10-2007, 08:17 AM
Good lord people, didn't this get hashed out enough in April and May?

"Randy would only renegotiate his contract for NE" was specifically reported by news sources that I'm too lazy and annoyed to look up at this time.

We got used by his Mossness to parlay a trip to NE which is where he wanted to go all along.

Merlin
09-10-2007, 08:52 AM
Merlin-

As I recall, a lot of the draftniks thought Crosby was really special, and Kiper was b
anging the drum on him from about the third round on. Sometimes those guys are right. But on the other hand, you're right in that he was a BPA pick, but so what? He's likely more valuable to this team this year than anybody else we would have taken with that third sixth round pick. Right now he's not a lot better than Rayner, but he's a little better than Rayner. No reason not to give him credit for today, he kicked well and scored most of our points. If he screws up, gets hurt, or turns out to be terrible we can always get another kicker. Rayner didn't land anywhere yet, did he?

I did give him his credit. Read the entire post again. The point of the comment was about the "new guy" syndrome that a lot of people here are falling under. They get all goo goo gaa gaa over new players and ignore the ones we already have. In fact they go out of their way to slam current players (Rayner was no exception). Anyone who thinks Rayner could not have made those FG's obviously hasn't been paying attention. Yourself included Mr. "Rayner didn't land anywhere yet, did he?". I don't take anything away from Crosby, as I stated many times, I wouldn't have wanted to make the decision between the two. HOWEVER, when you are on the "new guy " bandwagon, ala Abdul Hodge, you lose sight of the forest.

The Leaper
09-10-2007, 10:33 AM
It has nothing to do with Crosby being the new guy.

The pick to take Crosby over Rayner was a no brainer. As McCarthy pointed out, Crosby was clearly the better kicker in camp (4-5% points better by most accounts) and he proved that even more emphatically yesterday.

Rayner is a good kicker, but likely will never be a great one. If he was, he would already be on a roster somewhere.

Crosby is a very good kicker as a rookie, and has the potential to be a great one.

Claiming that is tough choice seems like a real stretch to me.

cpk1994
09-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Crosby had a great start to his career. If I remember correctly, Rayner also had a game winner last year but he wasn't given the game ball, so friggin what?

How's that bandwagon going? Make sure you stay on it when Crosby falters as all kickers do at some point in their career and I am sure you will be the first one to jump ship and scream for us to bring in Vanderjagt.

I guess since your "A-Rod is a bust" bandwagon and gone up in a burst of flames, you have to pick a new fight, huh?

cpk1994
09-10-2007, 11:18 AM

The voice of reason.

Moss showed he can still play, though. That TD pass and catch blowing past three defenders was a thing of beauty. Helps too to have Mr. Accuracy (Tom Brady) throwing you the ball rather than Kerry Collins.
Also helps to go up against a horrendous Jets D. Wake me when he has a performance like that against a quality D.
Ahman Green was solid Sunday too. But at least we found a kicker. That should pay dividends for several years.