PDA

View Full Version : Who's Your Player of the game?

BallHawk
09-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Crosby is the obvious choice for special teams, the whole game actually, but who are your players on the O and D?

Offense- Favre

Yeah, he didn't have great numbers, but he kept us in the game and made two great plays that lead to a FG, and as we know, every point in this game counted.

Defense- Johnny Jolly

The defense as a whole played great, but Jolly was everywhere. Stopping the run, deflecting passes. I am very happy with him as a starter.

GBRulz
09-09-2007, 03:36 PM
I agree with you about Favre, but on D, I have to say Barnett. He was all over the place in the first half.

The Shadow
09-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Nobody on offense - no one stood out,
Bigby and Bush had most auspicious starts. Barnett & Jolly were very good.
Crosby gets my MVP vote.

Badgepack
09-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Jolly's knocked down passes were huge.

MasonCrosby
09-09-2007, 03:40 PM
on offense i like mason crosby nailing that 53 yarder.

on defense i like johnny jolly or cullen jenkins, really pumping up the crowd.

b bulldog
09-09-2007, 03:42 PM
The Brett pick in the first half changed the game so on O I d't think anyone deserves it but Jolly would be mine on D with Crosby on ST. If we score on the drive when the pic was thrown, my bet the fourth quarter would have been much more relaxing. He had a strong second half, shakey first half.

PackerTimer
09-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Gotta go with Crosby. On defense you could give it to any number of players. Jolly was really impressive today.

BallHawk
09-09-2007, 03:43 PM

It must be a proud day to have that screen name.

Harlan Huckleby
09-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Gotta go with Crosby. On defense you could give it to any number of players. Jolly was really impressive today.

It also satisfying to give it to two guys who had so much competition to win starting spots.

MasonCrosby
09-09-2007, 03:44 PM

It must be a proud day to have that screen name.

"i'd just like to thank the little people for helping me. especially Madtown for changing the name when i asked him to. and of course mason crosby for nailing the field goals when it counts."

b bulldog
westbrook was clearly the best player on O on either team, he would look good in green and gold.

MJZiggy
On ST, I like the hit by Bush that cause the FIRST Philly fumble and directly resulted in 7 points.

On Defense, I'm thinking Jolly or Harris for batting down that TD pass

On Offense, there's Wynn for catching that little shovel and making something out of it, and Driver for scrapping for every YAC

mmmdk
09-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Hands down: Mason Crosby.

Favre had some amazing near sack plays turned into positive plays - I just wish Favre would, at other times, play smarter but then Favre wouldn't be Favre. Gotta love the guy though.

Also, Jarrett Bush was a no name a year ago but I believe he's a player - not player of the game but someone you can count on...Remember Carroll?

MJZiggy
09-09-2007, 03:55 PM
Hands down: Mason Crosby.

I believe he's a player - not player of the game but someone you can count on...Remember Carroll?

You could always count on Carroll...

...for a penalty to keep the opponents drive going!

MadtownPacker
09-09-2007, 03:59 PM
offense - Favre - Yes he had that INT early but he made big things happen when the game was a a crucial point in the second half.

defense - Barnett/Jolly - Barnett single handily shut down westbrook on some of those big stops. Jolly was huge knocking down passes on big passing downs. They split it.

ST and game MVP - Crosby - The rookie came through in all aspects of the game on won his first start with the clock winding down. He has made me believe he is the guy for the next decade.

Brandon494
09-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Seriously I dont know how some of you guys are mentioning Favre was the MVP. Yea he had a couple of nice plays that were fun to watch but there were about incomplete passes he threw that could have easily been picked up. Also the fumble near the end of the 4th qtr could have cost us the game.

Crosby is the real deal and would be my MVP of the game. Also the defense played a great game against a very good philly team.

MJZiggy
09-09-2007, 04:09 PM
How bout the coach for calling a win?

Willard
09-09-2007, 04:37 PM
I'll put in a vote for Al Harris for Most Inspirational Performance. It is critical for this young team to see the veterans toughing it out even with multiple compound fractures........Way to play hurt, Big Al!!!!

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2007, 04:37 PM
The Brett pick in the first half changed the game so on O I d't think anyone deserves it but Jolly would be mine on D with Crosby on ST. If we score on the drive when the pic was thrown, my bet the fourth quarter would have been much more relaxing. He had a strong second half, shakey first half.

He had no excuse on the play. Bad pass, but it hardly changed the game. It was 3rd and 1 1/2 from the 40. They intercepted at the 20. Big deal. Maybe they kick a 57 or 58 yard FG, or maybe they punt, or maybe they miss a FG and give the Eagles the ball at midfield.

RashanGary
09-09-2007, 05:07 PM
westbrook was clearly the best player on O on either team, he would look good in green and gold.

NcNabb wore down, but you will NEVER see Westrook as good as he was today later in the season. Westbrook was absolutly unstoppable unless we gang tackled him. He will wear down. He does every year. I thought playing the Eagles early would be great becuase of McNabb, but it had its downfall because of a fresh Westbrook.

Merlin
09-09-2007, 10:14 PM
No one stood out on offense? LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........

You are kidding right?

What about our over-the-hill QB? You know the guy who spent most of the day on his BACK but still managed to complete passes?

As far as his INT, go look at the replay. Franks should have caught the ball. Sure, the pass could have been a yard deeper but when you are under that kind of pressure, you give your receiver a chance to catch the ball and he let's someone TAKE it from him, that's on the receiver not on the QB.

To say no one stood out is one of the funniest things I have heard all day. Favre's drive to tie the game @ 13 was the type of magic that we have been missing the past two seasons. We ALWAYS lost these types of games. That drive was EXACTLY what our offense needed to jump start the season.

gbgary
09-09-2007, 10:20 PM
crosby and..........the whole defense. considering how much they were on the field they stayed tough. gotta give the philly special-teamers a nod too. lol

The Shadow
09-09-2007, 10:27 PM
"....No one stood out on offense? LOL".........

Um, no, no one really stood out on offense - except Crosby.
There's lots of room for improvement with everyone else.

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2007, 10:30 PM
Driver had a nice game for a guy who was hurt.

esoxx
09-09-2007, 10:35 PM
My "Player of the Game" is Jarrett Bush.

He caused the muff on the first punt return which directly resulted in the Packers only TD.

Then, his fumble recovery on the second punt return miscue set up the winning FG.

Huge plays by Jarrett Bush and very instrumental in the W.

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Just read on JSO that this was Donovan McNabb's worst statistical game in two years. You can blame the pressure. He went 15 of 33 for 184 yards, 1 TD, 1 interception. In his last two games against the Packers, he had these stats:

288 passing yards and 4 TDs in 2006 (no interceptions)
464 passing yards and 5 TDs in 2004 (no interceptions)

Deputy Nutz
09-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Offense: Nobody

Defense: Nick Barnett

Special Teams: Mason Crosby.

Favre made some plays but he missed some crucial throws I can think of a third and one pass where Favre missed Jones down field.

esoxx
09-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Just read on JSO that this was Donovan McNabb's worst statistical game in two years. You can blame the pressure. He went 15 of 33 for 184 yards, 1 TD, 1 interception. In his last two games against the Packers, he had these stats:

288 passing yards and 4 TDs in 2006 (no interceptions)
464 passing yards and 5 TDs in 2004 (no interceptions)

McNabb had something like a 99 QB rating against the Packers going into this one. What'd he have today, something like a 63? Shows how this D has improved.

LL2
09-09-2007, 10:52 PM
I will go with the fan favorite - Mason Crosby. What an incredible way to start your career.

On D...gotta love Jenkins, Kampman, and Jolly. It's the D that has me excited about the season...if only the O can come together at some point.

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2007, 10:55 PM
defense - Barnett/Jolly - Barnett single handily shut down westbrook on some of those big stops. Jolly was huge knocking down passes on big passing downs. They split it.

The new guy at JSO agrees with you.

Q: Tim of Batavia - Who do you think was MVP today?

A: Greg Bedard - That's a tough one, Tim. I'd go with either Nick Barnett (13 tackles, INT, tremendous vs. Westbrook) or Jolly (three tipped passes). Actually, it's no contest: Barnett. And a lot of what he did won't show up in the stat sheet. A great game by him.

Noodle
09-09-2007, 11:08 PM
For the game, it's Ryan/Crosby. As KY pointed out, Ryan's holds were perfect, especially on the game winner when he had to pick a high snap, whip it down, and spin the laces. Also, wasn't that Crosby making the last tackle of the game on the KR? I swear that was him torpedoing the ballcarrier and forcing a fumble. The kid is MONEY. Give 'em both game balls.

Defense, lots of guys stood out, as others have said. Kampman, Pickett, Jolly and Jenkins on the DL were incredible. I loved the enthusiasm they were bringing -- that is a tight unit. KGB was the only downer. He was getting owned all day. Barnett was tough, Bigby did some good things, Harris showed guts coming back. Terrific team effort, give 'em all game balls. But make KGB's a nerf.

Offense was probably worse than people are remembering due to the win. Favre was off target, missing open receivers, and often late with the ball. It's heresy, but a couple more games like this, with a 54% completion rate, and I'm ready to see what the first round draft pick can do. Receivers were having a tough time getting open and Driver had some drops, though he also had some truly manish plays. Jackson didn't have much and didn't take much. The OL -- I'm going to think about the win. Consider this:. With less than 4:20 left, the defense gave the O the ball twice, needing only an FG. Both drives were disasters. When we needed it, we didn't get it. So no game balls for the O.

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2007, 11:10 PM
I didn't notice KGB in the game all that much. Seemed like he played most of the game. He did have the near sack on the one play (near sack in that McNabb got a yard on the play). I did notice that they moved KGB to LDE on at least one play. That's an interesting twist, and I like it.

MadtownPacker
09-10-2007, 02:54 AM

The new guy at JSO agrees with you.

Q: Tim of Batavia - Who do you think was MVP today?

A: Greg Bedard - That's a tough one, Tim. I'd go with either Nick Barnett (13 tackles, INT, tremendous vs. Westbrook) or Jolly (three tipped passes). Actually, it's no contest: Barnett. And a lot of what he did won't show up in the stat sheet. A great game by him.He is right, it was Barnett for the D. If westbrook had his way we would all be pissed this morning.

Kiwon
09-10-2007, 06:40 AM
Special teams: Crosby (3 FGs)
Offense: Crosby (He was the only offense)
Defense: Crosby (He made the last tackle of the game forcing a fumble)

Merlin
09-10-2007, 08:59 AM
"....No one stood out on offense? LOL".........

Um, no, no one really stood out on offense - except Crosby.
There's lots of room for improvement with everyone else.

Watch the game again. In fact, go watch the past two years. Find me any plays from the offense that were "magical". Find me anything that made you go "WOW". Just because you expect a player to do that doesn't mean it has happened in like FOREVER. But you are right oh wise one, no one stood out, nope not at all...accept the one who you would expect to...

Guiness
09-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Crosby most impressed me. You could say that all he did was go out there and do what he was supposed to do. But it was his first game, he knocked off a 53 yarder, and a clutch kick to finish the game. No doubt in my mind we've got the right guy there.

If you want to know the MVP though, IMO it's Barnett. 13 tackles? Come on now...

The Leaper
09-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Barnett was huge. Contained Westbrook...made an INT to set up a FG...was active all 4 quarters.

However, Crosby gets my vote. The confidence he takes away from this week is something that is impossible to quantify at a position where confidence is EVERYTHING.

MadtownPacker
09-10-2007, 01:20 PM
So Wist, what you think about Barnett's play yesterday. I'm dying to know what his harshest critic has to say.