PDA

View Full Version : BACK from the GAME! Thoughts. WOW!

gbpackfan
09-09-2007, 04:15 PM
First off, a win is a win. All stats aside, congrats Packers!

The crowd was absolutely electric!!! I have season tickets so I have gone to a lot of Packer games. The crowd was the loudest it has been in years. OMG was that place rockin when the Eagles were trying to run their O. Nice job Packer fans!!!

The 2007 Packers may lack experience but they make up for it in HEART. Damn those kids wanted it so bad. It was great to see a team, especially the D, play with such HEART!

Jolly is a BEAST. I give TT a lot of grief for his lack of FA movement but he has uncovered some gems. Jolly was one hell of a pick! Wow.

What the fuck was Al Harris doing playing special teams!!!!!!! I saw him out there as a gunner, or gunner blocker, whatever they are called when the other team is punting and I told my wife I was surprised to see him out there. And sure enough, he gets hurt. That was a stupid, stupid move by MM!!!! Come on coach!!!

Bigby is an upgrade over Manuel. NO doubt. He was flying around and didnt give up any big plays. He plays much faster then Manuel. For his first NFL start, I thought he did a nice job.

The tension in the stadium ran high through out the 4th quarter. It was such an emotion dump when Crosby kicked that FG to win it. I can't tell you how cool it was to be there.

Speaking of Crosby, TT made the RIGHT move keeping him, huh? Wow. That 53 yarder went through with ease. And then the clutch kick, for a rookie! Get out of here!!! He may be something special.

The special teams played well and those two turn overs won the game. What a great day for Mike Stock.

Lastly, let's enjoy this win! We can nit pick later this week. Our Packers are undefeated! Let's enjoy it.

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Anybody that has the nuts to nitpick after we beat a team many picked to get to the Super Bowl in the NFC (and that has absolutely owned us), needs to shut the hell up. Not just now, but for the rest of the week. Great feeling seeing McNabb walk off the field with the L hung on him.

packers11
09-09-2007, 04:47 PM
The crowd seemed insanely loud, I don't think I have seen the Lambeau crowd that loud in awhile (AND I WAS WATCHING IT ON TV)...

Gotta love the depth at DT, and how the D stopped the eagles...

Now if the offense can just get it together...

oregonpackfan
09-09-2007, 04:48 PM
A win is a win is a win!

Yes, it was an "Ugly" win but it was important for a number of reasons:

1. Packers won a home opener.

2. Packers may start to bring back the advantage of playing at home in Lambeau(they were a pathetic 10-15 at home before this game).

3. Packers finally beat the Eagles--a team they have consistently lost to since the horrendous "4th and 26" nightmare.

Rejoice in this win, Packer fans! :)

RashanGary
09-09-2007, 04:50 PM
I wonder what McNabb thinks the difference between him and Brett is now.

packinpatland
09-09-2007, 04:51 PM
A win is a win is a win!

2. Packers may start to bring back the advantage of playing at home in Lambeau(they were a pathetic 10-15 at home before this game).

3. Packers finally beat the Eagles--a team they have consistently lost to since the horrendous "4th and 26" nightmare.

You said it....................and with each game our rookies become 'less rookie-like' :wink:

GBRulz
09-09-2007, 05:01 PM
It was cool, I knew Crosby made the kick about 3 seconds before he made it, if that makes sense. (TV delay) I can hear the crowd from my house so when they started going nuts, I knew we won!

Glad you had a good time, GB! The crowd was a little quiet during the 3rd Q, but they picked it right back up again!

MJZiggy
09-09-2007, 05:04 PM
A win is a win is a win!

You said it....................and with each game our rookies become 'less rookie-like' :wink:

We no longer have rookies...

BallHawk
09-09-2007, 05:17 PM
It was cool, I knew Crosby made the kick about 3 seconds before he made it, if that makes sense. (TV delay) I can hear the crowd from my house so when they started going nuts, I knew we won!

Glad you had a good time, GB! The crowd was a little quiet during the 3rd Q, but they picked it right back up again!

Doesn't that kinda ruin the fun, knowing what happens before it happens?

falco
09-09-2007, 05:34 PM

It sure beats listening to the TV announcers...

GBRulz
09-09-2007, 05:39 PM

The only thing that would have ruined it would be silence

BallHawk
09-09-2007, 05:42 PM
The only thing that would have ruined it would be silence

Those be scholarly words, right there.

falco
09-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Sorry GB, I thought you meant tape delay between the radio and the announcers. Forgot that you're right next door.

Rastak
09-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Got to the pub after catching the Adrian Peterson show and saw the Eagles muff, setting up GB to win. Packers defense must have been tough, looks like a hard fought game.

gbpackfan
09-09-2007, 05:50 PM
GBRulz,

That is cool, the crowd noise thing. Very cool. It was VERY loud. Fun game.

Rastak,

AP did put on a show. That kid is a beast. Our D line is tough though. It will be a great battle when we meet. How did T-Jack do?

Willard
09-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Got to the pub after catching the Adrian Peterson show and saw the Eagles muff, setting up GB to win. Packers defense must have been tough, looks like a hard fought game.

Nice scamper by the rook, Rastak. I'm sure the viq fans are delirious with their play today....even if it was against good ol' Joey!!

Rastak
09-09-2007, 05:58 PM
GBRulz,

Rastak,

AP did put on a show. That kid is a beast. Our D line is tough though. It will be a great battle when we meet. How did T-Jack do?

Not that great, missed a couple guys downfield. Williamson had two steps and would have scored easily. He throws the ball too damn hard on short passes, one of which resulted in a pick on a deflection. I put that on him.
Rice made a friggen great catch but out of bounds, bad throw by T Jack. Rice is gonna be very good, write that down. I wish Jackson would get him the ball in bounds. I thought he was very average. Maybe not even that.

Peterson was just rockin though. He is definately a stud.

Willard, I would guess both Fudgie and Queen fans are delerious with a win, albiet you guys needed a muff..... :wink:

packers11
09-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Looking at it, the north WILL be between the packers and the bears once again...

The vikings played joey harrington and company... But maybe they can actually fill up the stadium now that they are 1-0 (bandwagon fans)... That D won't be able to carry that team...

The Lions are having a little trouble with oakland, but they will probably win... Then again thats not saying much, its oakland... Lions have no D...

The Bears are playing a tough game against a top AFC team...

The pack beat one of the top NFC teams...

Its going to come down to packers vs bears again...

Willard
09-09-2007, 06:03 PM
GBRulz,

Rastak,

Not that great, missed a couple guys downfield. Williamson had two steps and would have scored easily. He throws the ball too damn hard on short passes, one of which resulted in a pick on a deflection. I put that on him.
Rice made a friggen great catch but out of bounds, bad throw by T Jack. Rice is gonna be very good, write that down. I wish Jackson would get him the ball in bounds. I thought he was very average. Maybe not even that.

Peterson was just rockin though. He is definately a stud.

Willard, I would guess both Fudgie and Queen fans are delerious with a win, albiet you guys needed a muff..... :wink:

Actually, it was a double-muff Sunday! Our only TD was a muff recovery in the first Q. Did Fergie play?

Rastak
09-09-2007, 06:04 PM
But maybe they can actually fill up the stadium now that they are 1-0 (bandwagon fans)...

I was there, it was full and LOUD. Falcons had a bunch of false starts as the crowd noise was rockin. We should keep this thread on topic.

edit: Willard, yea, I heard that but didn't see it. A win is a win though.

edit again: I missed your Fergie question....no he was hurt. :lol:

fan4life
09-09-2007, 06:08 PM
Anybody that has the nuts to nitpick after we beat a team many picked to get to the Super Bowl in the NFC (and that has absolutely owned us), needs to shut the hell up. Not just now, but for the rest of the week. Great feeling seeing McNabb walk off the field with the L hung on him. He said it all. Great win against a worthy opponent.

Partial
09-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Anybody that has the nuts to nitpick after we beat a team many picked to get to the Super Bowl in the NFC (and that has absolutely owned us), needs to shut the hell up. Not just now, but for the rest of the week. Great feeling seeing McNabb walk off the field with the L hung on him.

quoted again because I love this post

Partial
09-09-2007, 06:15 PM

Your boy looked pretty good today. He looks like he will be a special, special, special back barring injury. They had a hell of a draft.

Iron Mike
09-09-2007, 06:23 PM
edit again: I missed your Fergie question....no he was hurt. :lol:

mmmmmmreally?

http://www.geocities.com/tedkord0405/bwahaha.jpg

BEARMAN
09-09-2007, 06:23 PM
ONE game does NOT make a season, ... :roll:

lod01
09-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Packers. Yeah baby!!! A great win to start the season!!! Congrats!!!!!

Iron Mike
09-09-2007, 06:28 PM
ONE game does NOT make a season, ... :roll:

Yeah, but for THIS week......you're making yourself out as a liar.

Silly Packers, the NFCN belongs to Da BEARS !

wist43
09-09-2007, 06:28 PM
I'll have to revise my prediction from 7-9 to 8-8. :whaa:

Not being able to run the ball... can't get away with that over the course of a season.

But, as the mantra seems to be... "a win is a win". I'll take it.

Partial
09-09-2007, 06:34 PM

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a prediction before the season? :P

motife
09-09-2007, 07:01 PM
in light of this game, I've relooked at the upcoming schedule.

After some thought, I'm standing by my 16-0 undefeated season prediction for the Pack.

Fritz
09-09-2007, 07:10 PM

Not being able to run the ball... can't get away with that over the course of a season.

But, as the mantra seems to be... "a win is a win". I'll take it.

Come on, Wist. Stand tall. You can't revise your predicition after every week, man.

Yes the run blocking was god-awful, but they won! Last year against the Bears was awful, and the year before against the Lions was even worse, so this is sweet stuff.

I though Jolly was a beast, the defense was great despite being out on the field so much, Crosby looks like that midget actor in Hollywood but I love him anyway, Wynn looks like he's raw as meat but talented, Jarret Bush and Bigby played well, Collins and Hawk and Poppinga were invisible, and Favre was, well, Favre.