PDA

View Full Version : Refs really want the bears to win

sepporepi
09-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Anyone watching?

Even for me on a crappy sopcast stream it was obious that Harris jumped early.

Another point:

Why are not all calls challengeable (is this a word :oops: ? )?
It is crap when every fan can see it over and over again that the refs make a bad call and nothing is done about it.

PackerBlues
09-09-2007, 05:14 PM
That was one of the worst non-calls, that I have seen in years in an NFL game. I am used to seeing holding penalties getting ignored, but holy crap, he was in the neutral zone with momentum towards the QB well before the ball was snapped. Disgusting. I'm suprised Rivers didnt get ejected, if not for the fact that he was obviously right after seeing the jumbotron, the refs probably would have ejected him.

sepporepi
09-09-2007, 05:20 PM
another thaught:

I think tihs year they have an extra replay official who can challenge plays on his own.

Why can he not challenge anything?

I see that it might delay the game to much, if the coaches can challenge any call, but he should since he is or at least should be neutral.

digitaldean
09-09-2007, 05:23 PM
GATES TD!

Go Bolts!

Rate things are going, the Bears could be the only NFC North team to lose today.

BallHawk
09-09-2007, 05:32 PM
GATES TD!

Go Bolts!

Rate things are going, the Bears could be the only NFC North team to lose today.

That would be a sight. :D

BEARMAN
09-09-2007, 06:21 PM
Speaking of non calls, ... How about Niel tackleing Brown and hurting him right infront of the ref? Last I knew, the "O" could not take down the "D". :roll:

Iron Mike
09-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Speaking of non calls, ... How about Niel tackleing Brown and hurting him right infront of the ref? Last I knew, the "O" could not take down the "D". :roll:

You must not have watched Eagles-Packers. There were some pretty good wrestling takedowns on our D-line that never got called.

lod01
09-09-2007, 06:28 PM
The bears might win if they would try and tackle the opponent instead of that stupid strip the ball move. That will cost them this year. Should have last year but they got so lucky so often. They have absolutely no offense.

Lurker64
09-09-2007, 06:35 PM
You can't tell much from one game, but at least for now the "explosive chicago offense" didn't quite live up to preseason billing (but the Chargers have a very good defense). I saw Hester had no receptions, no punt returns, and only one KR, did he get hurt? I also saw that Olsen had no catches, did he play?

Rastak
09-09-2007, 06:37 PM
You can't tell much from one game, but at least for now the "explosive chicago offense" didn't quite live up to preseason billing (but the Chargers have a very good defense). I saw Hester had no receptions, no punt returns, and only one KR, did he get hurt? I also saw that Olsen had no catches, did he play?

Olson was out.

Lurker64
09-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Olson was out.

Was he hurt, or did they just sit him?

Rastak
09-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Olson was out.

Was he hurt, or did they just sit him?

Injured in preseason game 4.

Merlin
09-09-2007, 10:08 PM
The Pass Interference call on Driver was a horrible call. Three times Driver was either tackled or prevented from running his route with a call.

The Eagles OL held every damn play and took down at least one DL a play. They could have called a few more of those.

It was apparent that the only reason we got announcers anyone has ever heard of for the game is because it was the Eagles. Anyone remember last year when it seemed like they were taking guys off the street to call our games?

The officiating once again looked like they were trying to affect the outcome of the game by picking a the team they "thought" was going to win.

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2007, 10:15 PM
I thought there were some tough calls. Not the worst I've seen though. Besides, who cares now. We won.
:glug:

SkinBasket
09-10-2007, 06:13 AM
The officiating once again looked like they were trying to affect the outcome of the game by picking a the team they "thought" was going to win.

I wouldn't go that far. Officiating crews have poor games, just like teams do. It's early in the year, they're trying to adjust to rule changes, and always have pressure to balance calling borderline penalties or letting them play. Did the Eagles benefit from non-calls and a poor call or two today? Yes. Did it come close to changing the game? No.

Merlin
09-10-2007, 08:56 AM

I wouldn't go that far. Officiating crews have poor games, just like teams do. It's early in the year, they're trying to adjust to rule changes, and always have pressure to balance calling borderline penalties or letting them play. Did the Eagles benefit from non-calls and a poor call or two today? Yes. Did it come close to changing the game? No.

Did it come close? Sure it did. There were 5 instances where defensive pass interference was not called that could have sustained drives and/or put us into position for at least a FG try. The better team won and that's all fine and great BUT it didn't need to come down to a last second FG. And the ref's had everything to do with that.