PDA

View Full Version : Grossman & Benson!

The Shadow
09-09-2007, 05:52 PM
How very wonderful to see these two together in the same backfield!
It's very clear that keeping Cedric the Unentertaining over Thomas Jones was a HUGE mistake.
And Rex looks like the same old boy we Packer fans have come to love.

Lurker64
09-09-2007, 06:13 PM
And the bears are about to be 1 game behind everybody in the NFC North.

Iron Mike
09-09-2007, 06:16 PM
http://www.geocities.com/tedkord0405/bwahaha.jpg

BEARMAN
09-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Yuk it up, Da BEARS held the #1 RB to under 50 yards ! He had -1 in the first half ! Hard to win a game with 4 turnovers. Fluke ball bounces and short feild gave SD the win. Da BEARS deffence played GREAT ! Yes the RB have to do better, I am sure Coach Smith will work on that. Rex did OK. OL did GREAT, Tommie Harris is BACK ! Tank who? DT's are OK ! Yes we lost, but it was a good measure stick to show what has to be fixxed.

Congrats of the Pack win.

Rastak
09-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Yuk it up, Da BEARS held the #1 RB to under 50 yards ! He had -1 in the first half ! Hard to win a game with 4 turnovers. Fluke ball bounces and short feild gave SD the win. Da BEARS deffence played GREAT ! Yes the RB have to do better, I am sure Coach Lovie will work on that. Rex did OK. OL did GREAT, Tommie Harris is BACK ! Tank who? DT's are OK ! Yes we lost, but it was a good measure stick to show what has to be fixxed.

Bears D looked solid I must admit. Very solid.

run pMc
09-09-2007, 06:36 PM
True. Like it or not, CHI is the team to beat for the NFCN. I thought their D looked good, the OL was so-so...Rex was under a lot of pressure, but SD's D is no slouch. Not sure about the RB situation. Benson looked OK, but it was hard to tell if that was the OL's fault, the D scheme, or him. I've never been sold on him, but I could be proven wrong.

]{ilr]3
09-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Yuk it up, Da BEARS held the #1 RB to under 50 yards ! He had -1 in the first half ! Hard to win a game with 4 turnovers. Fluke ball bounces and short feild gave SD the win. Da BEARS deffence played GREAT ! Yes the RB have to do better, I am sure Coach Smith will work on that. Rex did OK. OL did GREAT, Tommie Harris is BACK ! Tank who? DT's are OK ! Yes we lost, but it was a good measure stick to show what has to be fixxed.

Too bad they could not keep him out of the endzone twice! You know, what really matters!:roll:

Dabaddestbear
09-09-2007, 06:52 PM
{ilr]3]

Too bad they could not keep him out of the endzone twice! You know, what really matters!:roll:
What game was you watching? He rushed in for one. He never got into the end zone beyond that. Either way lets see how they Pack holds up against them. Bears did the job and could have came away with this game. Running game need to be a lil better. It wasnt terrible against a #1 run defense. The fumbels in thier territory was just too much to give them. Game one over.....now to week two.

MJZiggy
09-09-2007, 06:54 PM
{ilr]3]

What game was you watching? He rushed in for one. He never got into the end zone beyond that. Either way lets see how they Pack holds up against them. Bears did the job and could have came away with this game. Running game need to be a lil better. It wasnt terrible against a #1 run defense. The fumbels in thier territory was just too much to give them. Game one over.....now to week two.

And yet, they lost. That's the stat that matters. By the way, do they just not teach spelling and writing in Chicago?

RashanGary
09-09-2007, 06:54 PM
I only watched the second half. Bears D didn't look too good in that second half. They might have played well in the 1st half, but I didn't see that, so I can't comment.

Fritz
09-09-2007, 06:57 PM
San Diego is tough. But if you're a Bears fan, what did you learn today? That your D is very good and your offense not very good? That's old news.

Rastak
09-09-2007, 07:01 PM
I only watched the second half. Bears D didn't look too good in that second half. They might have played well in the 1st half, but I didn't see that, so I can't comment.

Ummmm, LT had 17 carries for 25 yards.

Nuff said. They looked very good. I ain't a Bears fan but I know good defense when I see it.

]{ilr]3
09-09-2007, 07:02 PM
{ilr]3]

Didnt watch it. Just looked up the FF stats and quickly saw he scored twice. Realize now that he passed on one of them. Either way, he scored. Since the packers D and ST can create turnovers and score and Grossman is a victim, I am looking forward to it. :P

KYPack
09-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Wrecks got as far as he's ever gonna get last season.

He is not a good enough QB to take the Bears all the way.

Their D is great, but they don't have enough at the QB or RB position to carry them to the Super Bowl.

Him8123
09-09-2007, 07:09 PM
BEARMAN wrote:

I didn`t know deffence played a part in football, Just wanted to point that out so you could get that fixxed.

Freak Out
09-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Lucky bounces? Benson could not hang onto the damn ball. Rivers gifted you guys an Int. You have the tools on D no doubt...but you have lots of work on the O.

Scott Campbell
09-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Rex did OK.

What game were you watching? He masterminded 3 points for a pathetic Bear offense. He had one of the most embarassing fumbles I've ever seen. He threw for 145 yards and 1 INT. He didn't do OK - he did GREAT!!!

I love Rex Grossman!

Rastak
09-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Rex did OK.

What game were you watching? He masterminded 3 points for a pathetic Bear offense. He had one of the most embarassing fumbles I've ever seen. He threw for 145 yards and 1 INT. He didn't do OK - he did GREAT!!!

I love Rex Grossman!

I'm not a Bears fan but in the interest of fairness, how many points did Favre mastermind today? Don't count the last 3, they got the ball on the 30 and Crosby has a good leg.

Scott Campbell
09-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Rex did OK.

I love Rex Grossman!

I'm not a Bears fan but in the interest of fairness, how many points did Favre mastermind today? Don't count the last 3, they got the ball on the 30 and Crosby has a good leg.

He played well enough to win. And I have absolutely no interest in fairness.

Rastak
09-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Rex did OK.

I love Rex Grossman!

Fair enough!

:D

Scott Campbell
09-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Rex did OK.

I love Rex Grossman!

Fair enough!

:D

How bout AP? Can't beat that kind of NFL debut.

FritzDontBlitz
09-09-2007, 07:56 PM
favre gets credit for "leading" all three fg drives since they ran plays before each one.

rex is just so awful to watch. if peterson hadnt doubled back on one rex fumble there might have been a td return by the chargers.

let me rephrase a bit.

ahem.

rex grossman is so awful to watch if you're a bears fan.

there, that's better.... 8-)

Rastak
09-09-2007, 07:57 PM
Man, he kicked ass. 10 yard run 16 yard run, most runs for 5 or better....60 yard screen pass. He is something. I think the Lions might have been better served taking him, although Johnson did a good job today.

Rastak
09-09-2007, 07:58 PM
favre gets credit for "leading" all three fg drives since they ran plays before each one.

That's a great measuring stick for production. LOL.....

oregonpackfan
09-09-2007, 07:59 PM
{ilr]3]

And yet, they lost. That's the stat that matters. By the way, do they just not teach spelling and writing in Chicago?

MJ,

Ask him to count to 10. He will probably smack his paw on the ground 8 times! :)

]{ilr]3
09-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Might not be good for Mike Browns return this year.

Could be out again for the season :shock:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-070909bearsbrown,1,3791041.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Bears safety Mike Brown left the season opener against the San Diego Chargers in the fourth quarter with a knee injury, then broke down in front of reporters after the game while talking about the latest in a series of serious injuries.

Thought i would post it here. I dont want to start anouther thread for the bears

The Shadow
09-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Life without former RB Thomas Jones, who was traded to the New York Jets, was not very rosy for the Chicago Bears. Former first-round pick Cedric Benson finished the game with 19 carriers for 42 yards (2.2 ypc) and one fumble. It was not just that Benson was unproductive, it was how he ran.
There were a few occasions where Benson missed open holes. He spent too much time in this game dancing instead of exploding through the hole. Benson did not finish his runs off, ran tentative, looked soft at times and seemed intimidated by a physical San Diego run defense. If Chicago is going to ultimately get to where they want to go, Benson is going to have to learn to run with authority. In this loss to San Diego, Benson gave a textbook example of how you don't want to attack the San Diego defense.
-- Jeremy Green, Scouts Inc.

Willard
09-09-2007, 08:50 PM

rex is just so awful to watch. if peterson hadnt doubled back on one rex fumble there might have been a td return by the chargers.

let me rephrase a bit.

ahem.

Using the internationally accepted QB Rating as a measuring stick, let's check out the Norris Division's QBs today:

Kitna, DET, 102.7
Jackson, MIN, 75.1
Favre, GB, 58.2
Grossman, CHI, 53.7

I guess you need at least 58 points to squeeze out a W.....

Rastak
09-09-2007, 08:53 PM

let me rephrase a bit.

ahem.

Using the internationally accepted QB Rating as a measuring stick, let's check out the Norris Division's QBs today:

Kitna, DET, 102.7
Jackson, MIN, 75.1
Favre, GB, 58.2
Grossman, CHI, 53.7

I guess you need at least 58 points to squeeze out a W.....

Jackson at 75? About right....average to below avaerage. Grossman get's his normal average.....rotton.

esoxx
09-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Kitna's got some nice weapons to utilize.

Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson are a dream duo.

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Jackson at 75? About right....average to below avaerage. Grossman get's his normal average.....rotton.

I watched a decent amount of the Vikings game. Peterson was great and their defense dominated Joey Harrington, but quite frankly, I thought Jackson looked bad. Take out his dump pass that AP housed, and his QB rating is probably about 20. It's not the stats though. Stats are for losers. I thought he had time, but he missed a guy on a screen. He missed Williamson on a deep ball. He missed Rice wide open. There were several just bad throws. They won't come close to beating good teams if he continues to play like that. It's not like he was constantly harrassed like McNabb and Favre (or Harrington) were. Nothing against the Vikes, but if you watched both games and came away thinking Jackson looked better, you don't know football--despite what the QB ratings might say.

Willard
09-09-2007, 09:45 PM
It's not the stats though. Stats are for losers.
Classic!

BEARMAN
09-09-2007, 09:51 PM
It is ONE game for christ sakes, talk your smack in week 9 or 10 ! Against the #1 RB in the NFL, Da BEARS D looked GREAT ! REX DID OK ! Not great, not good, just OK. He threw a few nice passes, he only dropprd the ball once. No muffed QB / Center exchaines. FOUR turn overs, even the vaulted Pack find it hard to win with FOUR turn overs ! Peterson ran prety well, Benson needs to be alittle sharper, both need to hold onto the ball ! The very first game of a new season, Da BEARS, even tho loosing, made strides in the right direction. Lovie will adress the short commings, they will get better, LOOK - OUT, ... Da BEARS are comming !

Bretsky
09-09-2007, 09:56 PM
It is ONE game for christ sakes, talk your smack in week 9 or 10 ! Against the #1 RB in the NFL, Da BEARS D looked GREAT ! REX DID OK ! Not great, not good, just OK. He threw a few nice passes, he only dropprd the ball once. No muffed QB / Center exchaines. FOUR turn overs, even the vaulted Pack find it hard to win with FOUR turn overs ! Peterson ran prety well, Benson needs to be alittle sharper, both need to hold onto the ball ! The very first game of a new season, Da BEARS, even tho loosing, made strides in the right direction. Lovie will adress the short commings, they will get better, LOOK - OUT, ... Da BEARS are comming !

Feel Da Bears

Feel Da Cellar :wink:

Willard
09-09-2007, 09:58 PM
No muffed QB / Center exchaines.
You are right. An unqualified success!

Scott Campbell
09-09-2007, 10:00 PM
It is ONE game for christ sakes......

Correction. It's 2 in a row now.

:lol:

Partial
09-09-2007, 10:00 PM

I watched a decent amount of the Vikings game. Peterson was great and their defense dominated Joey Harrington, but quite frankly, I thought Jackson looked bad. Take out his dump pass that AP housed, and his QB rating is probably about 20. It's not the stats though. Stats are for losers. I thought he had time, but he missed a guy on a screen. He missed Williamson on a deep ball. He missed Rice wide open. There were several just bad throws. They won't come close to beating good teams if he continues to play like that. It's not like he was constantly harrassed like McNabb and Favre (or Harrington) were. Nothing against the Vikes, but if you watched both games and came away thinking Jackson looked better, you don't know football--despite what the QB ratings might say.

Tough day Harv? There has been some angry sounding posts out of you tonight!!

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2007, 10:04 PM
Hell no. Great day. Just talking football. This was an unexpected win over my Super Bowl pick in the NFC. It wasn't a fluke win either. This Packers team, the way it played on special teams and defense especially, deserved to win. The offense did enough in the 4th quarter to tie it up, and don't forget the 9 yard run by Jackson on the last drive to make Crosby's kick much more manageable (42 yards--instead of a 51 yarder).

Bretsky
09-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Hell no. Great day. Just talking football. This was an unexpected win over my Super Bowl pick in the NFC. It wasn't a fluke win either. This Packers team, the way it played on special teams and defense especially, deserved to win. The offense did enough in the 4th quarter to tie it up, and don't forget the 9 yard run by Jackson on the last drive to make Crosby's kick much more manageable (42 yards--instead of a 51 yarder).

I was watching Crosby kick 50+ yarders in practice that would have cleared from the 60's. Guys got a leg

The Shadow
09-09-2007, 10:11 PM

1. Ha Ha Ha
2. And the Titanic needed one less iceberg
3. Ha Ha Ha

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2007, 10:13 PM
I was watching Crosby kick 50+ yarders in practice that would have cleared from the 60's. Guys got a leg

No question he has a big leg. A lot easier to kick them in practice though. Hell, with that snap, that kick might not have been good from 51 yards.

I picked up Crosby before the game in my money league, and I dumped Akers. Nice move.
:thank:

Freak Out
09-09-2007, 10:24 PM

Again little Bear...your D gave up a TD run and a TD PASS to that RB.

cpk1994
09-10-2007, 06:50 AM
What you should be most worried about is the fact that LT threw for more TD's than your boy Wrecksy did. That is an utter embarassment. But, I guess you are used to that.