PDA

View Full Version : Terry, Howie and Jimmy

packinpatland
09-09-2007, 06:48 PM
They were just discussing the Packers.

Loved what they had to say about Favre. Howie said he is one of the NFL's players he would pay to see play. Jimmy says, he's still one of the best, you needed to see the game today to appreciate that.
Terry said Brett needs to be a field general, it's ok for his numbers to go down, lead those young players, just get the wins.
All three said the defence is very, very good. :) :) :)

Brandon494
09-09-2007, 06:55 PM
All three picked the Eagles to win also.

packinpatland
09-09-2007, 06:59 PM
All three picked the Eagles to win also.

Gotta love it!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fritz
Watching Favre's toss to Wynn on that third and forever, and his following play to Lee, reminds you that he still can make something out of nothing.

It's scary though that he's put into that position. Please, offensive line, block for the run next week, okay? Is this zone blocking thing turning into a mistake or something?

Lurker64
I think the "conventional wisdom" tends to miss it when teams improve from within (i.e. your young players grow up, get stronger, and better) since doing so requires you to follow each team closely (which no talking head has the time for). Since that's basically the only way the Packers improved in the last year, it doesn't surprise me that the "conventional wisdom" underrated the Packers (particularly since we're a small market and so necessarily get less coverage than teams like Washington and New York).

b bulldog
09-09-2007, 07:57 PM
In the second half, Brett looked the the 96 Brett Favre.

Scott Campbell
09-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Watching Favre's toss to Wynn on that third and forever, and his following play to Lee, reminds you that he still can make something out of nothing.

It's scary though that he's put into that position.

Exactly - scary as hell. Those situations are where Brett has thrown the majority of his INT's. We got away with one today, and it was glorious. But we'll need better play from that offense to be a good team this year.

packinpatland
09-09-2007, 08:17 PM

Exactly - scary as hell. Those situations are where Brett has thrown the majority of his INT's. We got away with one today, and it was glorious. But we'll need better play from that offense to be a good team this year.

You can't know how painful this is................but I agree with you, :wink: :lol:

Cheesehead Craig
09-09-2007, 08:28 PM

You can't know how painful this is................but I agree with you, :wink: :lol:
The play to Lee was made harder than it needed to be by Brett, IMO as he needs to get rid of the ball sooner to avoid having to make those kind of plays.

LL2
09-09-2007, 10:56 PM

It's scary though that he's put into that position. Please, offensive line, block for the run next week, okay? Is this zone blocking thing turning into a mistake or something?

I loved that play to Wynn. I'm not sure who it was...but looks like one of the O-lineman turned Wynn around and pointed him in the right direction.

Spaulding
09-10-2007, 12:56 PM

I loved that play to Wynn. I'm not sure who it was...but looks like one of the O-lineman turned Wynn around and pointed him in the right direction.

It was Wells and he grabbed him by shirt tails and pretty much swung him around so there wouldn't be any "Wrong-way Marshall" in him :)