PDA

View Full Version : Coston's play in the second half.

KYPack
09-09-2007, 07:13 PM
I noticed forum favorite Juice Coston got considerable playing time in the second half at RG.

Neither Spitz or Colledge played particularly well in the game. Neither got any push in the run game. Both did about average in pass pro. I heard no mention of why Coston was inserted. He seemed to get a little push in the run game. Was Spitz hurt, or what was the deal there?

Our Oline must get some traction or our offense will have it tough all year.

falco
09-09-2007, 07:15 PM
according to the radio broadcasters, Spitz officially went out with "calf fatigue".

they both chuckled and commented they had never heard of such an injury before.

KYPack
09-09-2007, 07:21 PM
I guess when those DT's keep knocking you back and you land on your ass and your calfs (calves?), they tend to get a little fatigued. These guards ain't a hell of a lot better than last year. & they sucked last year.

This was a tough D, hopefully these young guys can function better against some of the lesser DLines.

KYPack
09-10-2007, 07:10 AM
According to JSO, you may see Coston go in the lineup as the starting RG next week. Both guards had terrible games against a solid DLine. They are trying to get some consistency in both the run and the passing games.

MJZiggy
09-10-2007, 07:14 AM
Maybe that's as it should be, KY. If you suck that bad, you don't deserve to lose the start the following week?

I just hope they can get it fixed during the week and can handle the Giants, because San Diego's gonna be a beast of a challenge for them.

Noodle
09-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Unfortunately, a large amount of the OL suckage could be pinned on Cliffton. Tausch also didn't seem to be having a great day.

I remember a few years ago, when the OL was stacked, that they'd typcially have their worst games following weeks when the press was kissing their asses and telling them how great they were, then would go lights out when they were getting cracked on. I'm hoping that a week of bad press and hard coaching will have these guys performing better.