PDA

View Full Version : GOD I Love This Replay!

FritzDontBlitz
09-09-2007, 08:54 PM
http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/nflfilms/wmdemand/s2007/nflcom/w01/070909_favre_cant_miss_300k.wmv&proto=mms?mswmext=.asx

favre's dumpoff to deshawn wynn to prevent a sack. wynn's run is awesome - he starts at least 8 yards behind the line of scrimmage and directs traffic as he weaves his way to an 18 yard gain on 3rd and 10. and guess who is the first guy to meet him when he gets up? brett favre: he was chasing behind the entire play pumping his fist in the air like a schoolkid.

its awesome to watch. :glug:

Partial
09-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Favre with the jump and slap of the helmet is great. Looks like he was having fun!

Willard
09-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Check out the front of the play. Wynn had no idea who to block. He did a complete 360 without blocking any of the 3 Eagles who were honing in on Favre. That is a bit frightening! It all turned out OK though. Wynn doesnt have the quickest feet, but he seem to have some instinct. Great moment from today's game. Thanks for posting.

PackerTimer
09-09-2007, 09:06 PM
I really want to see Wynn develop. He's a big guy who seems to have some ability. He could be a really good player if he gets his act together. I did notice the missed blocks. Farve got hit way to much today.

And of course, #4 was just being his old, crazy, amazing self.

KYPack
09-09-2007, 09:21 PM
Wynn's a good kid with some raw ability.

He's green as grass, however.

He had a motion penalty where he just couldn't keep his concentration. He made a slow step in his stance, then pulled it back & tried to pretend he didn't move. We got flagged and Brett just looked disgusted. Remember Favre jerking off his chinstrap when Jackson dropped that little swing pass?

These kids are gonna wear Brett out, man.

MTPackerfan
09-09-2007, 09:56 PM
great clip, I wasn't able to see any of the game so that is great to see. Love it when Favre runs up afterward and jumps in Wynn

gbgary
09-09-2007, 10:03 PM
it surprised cliffton too...he almost tackled wynn himself.

Harlan Huckleby
09-09-2007, 10:06 PM
I think Wynn could be a real surprise. He has to be able to block and catch passes, tho.

I don't care that he's green, he's a real natural runner. He could be the best pure runner on the team by midseason.

LL2
09-09-2007, 11:00 PM
The way Brandon Jackson played I hope they give Wynn some more opportunities. Maybe it was the Oline, but it sure looked like Jackson kept running into a wall.

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2007, 11:07 PM
I thought Jackson was tentative on a couple of runs early and had a dropped pass, but seemed to get better as the game went on. After the first quarter, he had some nice catches and got yards the times the OL did block. I lay this on the OL more than anything. They weren't good in pass protection or run blocking. A lot of Philly's blitzes are run blitzes though. I'll be interested to see how they look next week.

BallHawk
09-09-2007, 11:15 PM
I thought Jackson was tentative on a couple of runs early and had a dropped pass, but seemed to get better as the game went on. After the first quarter, he had some nice catches and got yards the times the OL did block. I lay this on the OL more than anything. They weren't good in pass protection or run blocking. A lot of Philly's blitzes are run blitzes though. I'll be interested to see how they look next week.

If our offense can't put up points against the Giants, there should be some serious cause for concern. Did you see them out there tonight in Dallas? They looked like a high school team in the secondary.

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2007, 11:49 PM
You can see Favre's play to Lee on the NFL.com video--under Brett Favre highlights.

http://www.nfl.com/players/brettfavre/profile?id=FAV540222

Kiwon
09-10-2007, 06:58 AM
Great clip. Farve was awesome.

The running back pushed the wide out (Jones #89) up the field but he didn't make much of an attempt to block. If he had blocked his man that play might have gone for a touchdown. Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

PackerBlues
09-10-2007, 09:54 AM
The kicker here, is that that was one of those plays that Favre has been preached at not to do, lol.

Also, Wynn looked really fucking good running that ball, and getting the yardage needed. Even though it was a busted play, he looked patient, allowing his blockers to open things up for him as the run progressed. I have high hopes for this kid!!! :P

Lurker64
09-10-2007, 09:57 AM
The kicker here, is that that was one of those plays that Favre has been preached at not to do, lol.

I think they were more trying to get Favre to not "Throw into triple coverage deep down the field in attempt to make something happen" and less trying to get Favre to "stop improvising and making something positive about a near-sack". A shovel pass to a RB who's standing right there as you're about to get tackled isn't a huge risk, hell they used to run that play...

4and12to12and4
09-10-2007, 10:37 AM

Right on point. When Jackson had even a crease, he found it, and made people miss. He is hard to tackle. Don't forget the 7 yard run up the middle when he dragged 73 guys with him. He will be good, and I thought he looked very quick has some sweet moves. I think he'll be fine. He had to be nervous as hell, and against a GREAT defense.

Zool
09-10-2007, 10:41 AM

Right on point. When Jackson had even a crease, he found it, and made people miss. He is hard to tackle. Don't forget the 7 yard run up the middle when he dragged 73 guys with him. He will be good, and I thought he looked very quick has some sweet moves. I think he'll be fine. He had to be nervous as hell, and against a GREAT defense.

He's got a couple more to go before it gets any easier. Giants arent top 5, but they have a good D-line.

San Diego, Minnesota, and Chicago are on tap the following weeks. Its not impossible that the team could have 350 yards rushing in the first 5 games total. Any word on Spitz and Juice today?

HarveyWallbangers
09-10-2007, 10:46 AM
He's got a couple more to go before it gets any easier. Giants arent top 5, but they have a good D-line.

San Diego, Minnesota, and Chicago are on tap the following weeks. Its not impossible that the team could have 350 yards rushing in the first 5 games total. Any word on Spitz and Juice today?

That's true--although Strahan isn't in shape and we don't know the status of Umenyiora. If he's out, their DL doesn't look very imposing.

PackerBlues
09-10-2007, 11:26 AM
After watching that play in the game, and watching the replay linked in the starting post, I think it would be nice to see a retraction of the statement about how Wynn "shouldn't get to comfortable". I think he showed an amazing amount of shiftyness and patience for a rookie during that run. If our O-line can do a better job against lesser Defenses, I think Wynn may be a star on the rise.

MJZiggy
09-10-2007, 12:55 PM
I get the feeling that Wynn being told that had nothing to do with his potential or ability...

MadtownPacker
09-10-2007, 01:03 PM
I also think Wynn looked good in his limited opportunities. Just having enough concentration to catch that crazy ass "pass" was impressive enough for me. Wouldn't mind seeing some more of him in the next game.

HarveyWallbangers
09-10-2007, 01:08 PM
We'll see. He ran once, and had good blocking. He also had a false start penalty. Too limited to get a feel for him. I didn't have a good feeling about him, as a player, after the intrasquad scrimmage. I actually thought he showed something in the final preseason game--despite his poor stats. I still need to see more in real games to get a feel for how good he can be.

FritzDontBlitz
09-10-2007, 01:20 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=659357

the breakdown of the play from jso. friggin hilarious. i think the prior false start by wynn played into his decision to stay put on this one.

PackerBlues
09-10-2007, 02:17 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/trickyblue/graphic09b.jpg

LOL, too funny!!! Wynn completely screws up, and we end up with the first down anyway.