PDA

View Full Version : Giants ailing

mmmdk
09-10-2007, 06:22 AM
From Newark Star-Ledger:

Early indications are that Brandon Jacobs sprained his MCL Sunday night, an injury that should keep him out roughly three weeks.

It's almost safe to get off the ledge. He will undergo an MRI Monday to make sure, but the Newark Star-Ledger says preliminary tests indicate the worst case scenario was avoided. Derrick Ward is expected to start in Jacobs' place in the mean time.

Giants DB Kevin Dockery was carted off the field with an ankle injury on Sunday night.

He will not return. A serious injury to Dockery would be a blow to a defense that hasn't been able to stop the Cowboys in Week 1.

Eli Manning was 28-of-41 for 312 yards with four touchdowns and an interception before leaving Sunday's game with a bruised right shoulder.

Giants DE Osi Umenyiora went to the locker room and got x-rays, which were negative, on his leg in the first quarter on Sunday.
Umenyiora walked off the field under his own power, but more tests are expected tomorrow. Losing Umenyiora would be a huge blow to the Giants' already banged-up defense.

Hopefully Manning's injury isn't more serious, as he looked great against Dallas' secondary. He will undergo more tests tomorrow, and would be replaced by Jared Lorenzen if he misses significant time.

I don't care if Eli plays or not - Packers must win.

gbpackfan
09-10-2007, 06:31 AM
The Giants did get pretty banged up last night.

I would love to see the Packers D destroy Eli Manning. I can't stand that cry baby punk!

This is a MUST win for the Pack. The week after, they play the Chargers at home. I just can't see how the Packers O is going to keep pace. But, you never know.

RashanGary
09-10-2007, 06:32 AM
Our offensive line is bad enough right now that an injured Giants team is exactly what the doctor ordered and I don't feel the least bit bad taking one from a team that is "hopefully" missing their QB.

We need this game because we are sure to lose against SD.

edit: haha, beat me to it gb

mmmdk
09-10-2007, 06:56 AM
The Giants did get pretty banged up last night.

I would love to see the Packers D destroy Eli Manning. I can't stand that cry baby punk!

This is a MUST win for the Pack. The week after, they play the Chargers at home. I just can't see how the Packers O is going to keep pace. But, you never know.

I agree 100% - a must win game at New York. Chargers are scary good and they'll be more in sync than versus Bears. Bears were lucky not to get totally creamed.

mmmdk
09-11-2007, 01:47 PM
According to the New York Times, Eli Manning and the Giants dismissed reports that he could miss a month with a separated shoulder.

The team is calling Manning's injury a sprain, but Chris Mortensen of ESPN and Adam Schefter of NFL Network reported that it's a separation. "I can brush my teeth, this morning I did it with my right hand still, so I still have all the normal things," Manning said. Manning is going to get a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews this week that should determine his fate.

woodbuck27
09-11-2007, 02:10 PM
http://www.giants.com/

Injury Update: Manning Day to Day

Eli Manning has started 40 consecutive regular season games, the fourth-longest active streak among NFL quarterbacks.

Whether he starts No. 41 in the Giants’ home opener Sunday is uncertain, though Manning seemed hopeful today that he will line up against the Green Bay Packers.

woodbuck27
09-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Injuries early in week 2 for Packers at NY Giants:

LINK:

http://covers.usatoday.com/data/nfl/injury/injuries.html

Giant Injuries:

E. Manning QB Shoulder Ques Sat
K. Dockery S Ankle day-to-day
W. Joseph DT Back day-to-day
B. Jacobs RB Knee Early Oct
O. Umenyiora DE Knee Early Nov
D. Tyree WR Wrist Mid Oct
R. Douglas RB Knee Out indefinitely
G. Wilkinson OL Knee Out indefinitely
M. Bell NT Knee I-R
M. Stone S Hip I-R
R. Kuehl LS Leg I-R
J. Finn FB Shoulder I-R

Packers:

NO INFO. on Tues. 11 Sept. '07.

gbpackfan
09-11-2007, 06:40 PM
http://www.giants.com/

Injury Update: Manning Day to Day

Eli Manning has started 40 consecutive regular season games, the fourth-longest active streak among NFL quarterbacks.

Whether he starts No. 41 in the Giants’ home opener Sunday is uncertain, though Manning seemed hopeful today that he will line up against the Green Bay Packers.

I'm not buying what the Giants are selling here. Teams love to hide their injuries. Eli might not sit a month, but I would be SHOCKED if he ran out of the tunnel on Sunday.

MasonCrosby
09-11-2007, 08:23 PM
as others have said, they have to be bluffing here, forcing the defense to prepare for both qbs. even if eli does play i can't see it being more than a couple of snaps before he comes out, or after he takes a big hit.

BallHawk
09-11-2007, 08:31 PM
How are they going to train for 6'4, 285 pound Lorenzen at QB?

My suggestion....

Get Aaron Rodgers a pair of stilettos and strap some sandbags on him.

MasonCrosby
09-11-2007, 08:36 PM

My suggestion....

haha, i was thinking more along the lines of game planning and defensive scheming but yeah they could use a-rod as a tackling dummy too...

vince
09-11-2007, 08:43 PM

My suggestion....

Put Justin Harrell in at QB on the scout team! He's not too busy...

BallHawk
09-11-2007, 08:51 PM

My suggestion....

Put Justin Harrell in at QB on the scout team! He's not too busy...

Nah, that wouldn't work. He'd probably end up getting blocked by his own players.