PDA

View Full Version : Update?

MJZiggy
09-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Has anyone heard anything about Al Harris' elbow injury? Is it something he just needs to keep immobile or is he gonna be out for a while?

Fritz
09-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Yes, any word from those in GB?

rpiotr01
09-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Sprained elbow.

http://www.packersnews.com/includes/newspaper/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Harris left briefly but returned and finished the game with his right arm heavily wrapped. McCarthy indicated he's confident Harris will play this week against the New York Giants.

Al will play, sounds like he's doing OK as well.

MJZiggy
09-10-2007, 02:01 PM
That's what I get for going straight to the injury report for information. Thanks rpiotr01.

pittstang5
09-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Monday, September 10, 2007
Injury update
Cornerback Al Harris has a sprained elbow but "feels good," coach Mike McCarthy said this morning.

The team is waiting for MRI results, McCarthy said, and Harris is receiving treatment. Based at least in part on the injury, which occurred while Harris was playing on the punt return team Sunday against Philadelphia, the team will "lean the other way going forward" when it comes to playing starters on special teams.

Harris left briefly but returned and finished the game with his right arm heavily wrapped. McCarthy indicated he's confident Harris will play this week against the New York Giants.

Receiver Carlyle Holiday has the only other new injury, with swelling in his knee. He'll be limited in practice this week, McCarthy said.

* Right guard Jason Spitz continues to battle a calf strain, so Junius Coston is expected to open practice Wednesday with the starters.
* Running back Vernand Morency (knee) will practice Wednesday and then be re-evaluated Thursday.
* The team is hopeful WR Greg Jennings and S Aaron Rouse, who have hamstring injuries, will be ready to play this week.
* Tackle Tony Moll (neck) will be evaluated Wednesday.
* End Michael Montgomery (knee) is out again.

-- Tom Pelissero, tpelisse@greenbaypressgazette.com

Based at least in part on the injury, which occurred while Harris was playing on the punt return team Sunday against Philadelphia, the team will "lean the other way going forward" when it comes to playing starters on special teams.

I still don't know why Harris was on the punt unit and I don't like Woodson returning punts. I guess with Blackmon injured, they really don't have a better option. Glad to hear that Harris probably won't do punt duty again.