PDA

View Full Version : Jacobs out 3-5 weeks

Him8123
09-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Giants RB Jacobs out 3-5 weeks with sprained MCL
NFL.com Wire Reports

The NFL Network's Adam Schefter is reporting that Giants running back Brandon Jacobs has a sprained MCL and is expected to miss three to five weeks.

Jacobs suffered the injury in Sunday night's 45-35 loss to the Cowboys in Dallas. Before leaving the game, Jacobs had six carries for 26 yards.

Bills' Everett has surgery after spine injury
Schefter: Russell might sign today
Redskins OT Jansen out for season
Giants RB Jacobs out 3-5 weeks with knee
Eagles' Sheppard out with spained knee
Bears lose two defensive starters for season
Vikings lose Taylor to hip contusion | Injuries
Umenyiora, Jacobs hurt; Ferguson maybe out for year

BallHawk
09-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Looks like Reuben will be getting the start against the Pack.

OS PA
09-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Looks like Reuben will be getting the start against the Pack.

Reuben didn't play last night, and I'm not sure why, is he still with the team? They had a kid named Ward playing when Jacobs went out, and seeing how well he did I'd be surprised if he didn't get the thumbs up for this week. He's a small speed back who could do damage if he gets into our secondary, but he's nowhere near as polished and productive as Westbrook, and we didn't let him beat us, so there is no way we'll let Ward beat us. This game is all about shutting down Eli, which with the pressure our front four brings we shouldn't have any trouble doing so.

rpiotr01
09-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Add Umenyiora:

From profootballtalk.com

POSTED 4:29 p.m. EDT, September 10, 2007

MORE BAD NEWS FOR GIANTS

On the same day that the Giants learned that starting tailback Brandon Jacobs will miss 3-5 weeks with a knee injury, it also was learned that defensive end Osi Umenyiora will be out for two months with a knee injury of his own.

But that might not be the worst news.

We're hearing an unconfirmed rumor -- and this is incredibly unconfirmed for now -- that quarterback Eli Manning might be done for the year with a shoulder injury that he suffered during a failed two-point conversion attempt in the fourth quarter of Sunday night's loss to the Giants.

That's a big loss for their D. For now treat the Manning part as rumor.

MTPackerfan
09-10-2007, 03:41 PM
NFL.com Wire Reports

The NFL Network's Adam Schefter is reporting that Giants running back Brandon Jacobs has a sprained MCL and is expected to miss three to five weeks.

Jacobs suffered the injury in Sunday night's 45-35 loss to the Cowboys in Dallas. Before leaving the game, Jacobs had six carries for 26 yards.

Which two Chicago starter are out for year? I heard that one might be Mike Brown but who was other?

Also, which Ferguson are they talking about? Not Robert?

BallHawk
09-10-2007, 03:45 PM
It was Jason Ferguson, a nose tackle for the Cowboys.

The other injury on the Bears was DL Dusty Dvoracek.

arcilite
09-10-2007, 03:46 PM
NFL.com Wire Reports

Which two Chicago starter are out for year? I heard that one might be Mike Brown but who was other?

Also, which Ferguson are they talking about? Not Robert?

defensive tackle Dusty Dvoracek

OS PA
09-10-2007, 03:59 PM
The Washington Redskins, who we play in a few weeks will be starting a rookie free agent in his spot for the rest of the season after losing their veteran right tackle Jon Jansen. This bodes well for Aaron Kampman

Lurker64
09-10-2007, 04:16 PM
ESPN is now reporting on their pre-MNF show, as "breaking news" that Eli's injury is a separated shoulder which will sideline him at least a month.

They've been wrong before though.

superfan
09-10-2007, 04:49 PM

I must have missed this - don't recall Sheppard leaving with an injury.

MadtownPacker
09-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Other then Ladanian and maybe LJ, there isn't one RB that the Pack will play that I think the D can't handle. Jacobs would have got stuff.

Now Eli, well I was looking forward to seeing the stupid Manning faces he puts on after getting picked.

the_idle_threat
09-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Now Eli, well I was looking forward to seeing the stupid Manning faces he puts on after getting picked.

ROFL!