PDA

View Full Version : Osi & Jacobs out... Eli done for year???

POLISHHAWK
09-10-2007, 03:44 PM
POSTED 4:29 p.m. EDT, September 10, 2007

PER PFT

MORE BAD NEWS FOR GIANTS

On the same day that the Giants learned that starting tailback Brandon Jacobs will miss 3-5 weeks with a knee injury, it also was learned that defensive end Osi Umenyiora will be out for two months with a knee injury of his own.

But that might not be the worst news.

We're hearing an unconfirmed rumor -- and this is incredibly unconfirmed for now -- that quarterback Eli Manning might be done for the year with a shoulder injury that he suffered during a failed two-point conversion attempt in the fourth quarter of Sunday night's loss to the Giants.

mmmdk
09-10-2007, 03:54 PM
From Newsday

Eli Manning's shoulder "appears to be OK," a person familiar with the situation informed Newsday on Monday.

Manning should be set to go against the Packers, but may be limited in practice until Friday. Prepare for quite a bit of injury updates this week.

Lurker64
09-10-2007, 04:14 PM
ESPN is now reporting on their MNF pregame show that Eli has a separated shoulder and is out at least a month. This falls under "breaking news".

VanPackFan
09-10-2007, 04:16 PM
IF Manning is unable to go this weekend, who would you rather see at QB for the Giants?

Choice #1) Anthony Wright
Choice #2) Jared Lorenzen
Choice #3) Where's Timmy Hasseback gone?

I'm not sure who's where on their depth chart. I suspect Wright would likely get the nod because of his experience. I'm also sure the Packers defence is salivating at the thought of an immobile guy like Lorenzen parked back there.
While you never want to see a guy injured, this could be a HUGE advantage for Green Bay if they catch the G-Men without Manning — who for all his flaws is still far better than Plans B-Z.

gbpackfan
09-10-2007, 04:17 PM
I just saw that too. Looks like the Packers are going to face THE HEFTY LEFTY!!!! With a young guy in Ward starting at RB.

THE D HAS TO BE LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS GAME.

BallHawk
09-10-2007, 04:20 PM
If this team is truly playoff caliber, we win this one with no trouble.

Let's just hope we don't play like schmucks and let Ward run for 100 and tubby throw for 250.

GoPackGo
09-10-2007, 04:24 PM
Can I get a confirmation that manning is out? I don't see it anywhere online

BallHawk
09-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Can I get a confirmation that manning is out? I don't see it anywhere online

They were just talking about it on Monday Night Countdown.

Him8123
09-10-2007, 04:30 PM
If this team is truly playoff caliber, we win this one with no trouble.

Let's just hope we don't play like schmucks and let Ward run for 100 and tubby throw for 250.

we shouldn`t allow that many yards to ward, I mean ya never know, but odds are we won`t. We didn`t even let Westbrook one of the best backs get a 100. The only way they could is our D underestimates him, which they shouldn`t with as big as a chip on their shoulders that they have. But it does look good for us this weekend so far...

Deputy Nutz
09-10-2007, 04:31 PM
I want this guy going against the Packers

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/edsweets18/jaredlornzen.jpg

BallHawk
09-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Something tells me that if he's starting, we're going to be getting a few more sacks than last week. :twisted:

Lurker64
09-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Something tells me that if he's starting, we're going to be getting a few more sacks than last week. :twisted:

At 285, Lorenzen might be tough to bring down. He outweighs everybody on our defense except for the DTs and Jenkins.

vince
09-10-2007, 04:48 PM
The Pillsbury Throwboy makes his namesake look like Twiggy!

http://www.republicanvoices.org/pillsbury_doughboy.jpg

Actually, he does look like he's slimmed down a little, but I don't think he'll be hard to catch....

He does have a cannon for an arm though...

BallHawk
09-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Just read that Lorenzen used during his playing days at Kentucky, at one point, weighed 325 pounds! :shock:

FritzDontBlitz
09-10-2007, 04:54 PM
you gotta admit he makes a nice tackling dummy

Joemailman
09-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Sporting News is saying Lorenzen will be the starter. They are also advising people not to add him to their Fantasy team.

BallHawk
09-10-2007, 04:57 PM
you gotta admit he makes a nice tackling dummy

Or a motivational speaker.

BallHawk
09-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Sporting News is saying Lorenzen will be the starter. They are also advising people not to add him to their Fantasy team.

Smart cookies over there at SN. :D

Freak Out
09-10-2007, 04:58 PM
The big guy can play...but they will go with Wright if Eli is out.

HarveyWallbangers
09-10-2007, 04:59 PM
All signs point to Lorenzen being the starter. Wright was awful in the preseason, and almost got cut.

mmmdk
09-10-2007, 05:13 PM
...don't shoot the messenger; this from rotoworld:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Eli Manning will miss a month with a separated shoulder.

Bizarre. The New York Daily News and Newsday both just reported Manning's injury wasn't nearly that serious. We'll trust Mortensen here though. Manning owners should wait for news to continue to come out before deciding what to do with him. It's rough news for Plaxico Burress, Derrick Ward, and Jeremy Shockey, as the offense is likely to slow down under Jared Lorenzen or Anthony Wright.

Old news but it is odd with these rather conflicting sources!? Neh!? :shock:

Lurker64
09-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Well, last night when Manning went out they put in the hefty lefty. If Wright was going to get the start over Lorenzen, wouldn't they have put in Wright? Or is this one of these weird rules that the NFL has about the #3 Quarterback?

I still don't know if I believe ESPN here though.

BF4MVP
09-10-2007, 05:57 PM
We better not make Jared Lorenzen look like anything even resembling an NFL QB..The guy is trash..A loss this week would be beyond disappointing, especially since we just beat one of the top teams in the NFC..Even with Eli, the Giants are middle-of-the-pack at best..

MadtownPacker
09-10-2007, 07:00 PM
I knew Eli wasn't gonna play Sunday just by the look on Coughlin's face. Dude looked like he had just got the pink slip, which with Eli out he will.

HarveyWallbangers
09-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Kind of strange, but the Giants are still saying that it's just a bruise, and Manning might play this weekend.

Lurker64
09-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Kind of strange, but the Giants are still saying that it's just a bruise, and Manning might play this weekend.

Even if they know that Eli's not going to play on sunday, they aren't going to come out and just say that unless they have to. They want the Packers to have to prepare for both Manning and Lorenzen (and also Wright.) Teams are usually pretty coy with these sorts of injury reports.

HarveyWallbangers
09-11-2007, 12:03 AM
Apparently, Umenyiora is day-to-day.