PDA

View Full Version : Rayne close to finding new home...

packers11
09-10-2007, 05:43 PM
ESPN IN :

Chiefs close to signing Rayner
<Sep. 10> According to Len Pasquarelli, the Chiefs are in negotiations to sign Rayner, a second-year place-kicker who was recently released by the Packers after losing out to rookie Mason Crosby in a hard-fought camp competition.
The pending switch to Rayner comes after rookie Jason Medlock missed a 30-yard field goal attempt in Sunday's 20-3 loss to the Houston Texans. Medlock did convert a 27-yard field goal try.

Several teams have stayed in touch with Rayner, who probably tops the "ready" list for most teams that might be looking to make a kicking change early in the year.

I wish him the best... He was a great guy...

BF4MVP
09-10-2007, 05:53 PM
:bclap: I'm happy for Dave, and wish him the best of luck!

But when he plays the Pack, I hope he misses 3 FGs... 8-)

MJZiggy
09-10-2007, 05:54 PM
I hope he doesn't miss any, cause we shut them out.

superfan
09-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Kicker seems to be the least of the Chiefs' concerns...

pack4to84
09-10-2007, 06:22 PM
I think this may also have to do with who they be kicking to on kickoffs this week. They might tell him to kick out of the endzone.

VanPackFan
09-10-2007, 06:32 PM
Some guys get cut and you don't give a damn because they didn't deserve to be in an NFL camp in the first place.
And some guys get cut and you care because they busted their ass and either got beat by a numbers game or a better talent.
Rayner is in that second group and I certainly wish him well.

packinpatland
09-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Some guys get cut and you don't give a damn because they didn't deserve to be in an NFL camp in the first place.
And some guys get cut and you care because they busted their ass and either got beat by a numbers game or a better talent.
Rayner is in that second group and I certainly wish him well.

May not be 'eloquent', but you put that very well.

mmmdk
09-11-2007, 10:49 AM
From Kansas City Star :

Chiefs signed K Dave Rayner to a two-year contract.

Kansas City was supportive of rookie Justin Medlock until he shanked a 30-yarder against Houston in Week 1. Rayner won't be a fantasy option on a poor offense, but figures to be an immediate upgrade for the Chiefs.

Badgerinmaine
09-11-2007, 10:51 AM
:bclap: I'm happy for Dave, and wish him the best of luck!

But when he plays the Pack, I hope he misses 3 FGs... 8-)
Amen all the way around :-)

mmmdk
09-11-2007, 12:18 PM
I'm happy for Rayner - he did ok in Green Bay and he's got some potential.

woodbuck27
09-11-2007, 01:54 PM
The Chiefs are in a world of pain.

More needs than at kicker.

KYPack
09-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Did any of you watch "hard Knocks" on HBO? It was real episodes from Chief's training camp. Edwards appears to have lost the team. i think nobody is buying his bullshit and the team is lost. Both of their QB's are weak & the D is so-so.

This is a team going nowhere in a hurry.

MJZiggy
09-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Ya think they'll stay confused until November 4?

BallHawk
09-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Ya think they'll stay confused until November 4?

We talking 2008 or 2009? :wink: :D

Fritz
09-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Agreed, Vanman.

I did like the distance on Crosby's kicks, though. And who was that guy, that kicker we used to have - you know, that guy that was a good field goal kicker, but was real, real fussy - you know, that guy who could kick it on the kickoff down to the ten yard line on a sunny, warm day? What was his name? Umm, Long something? Schlongwell? Anybody remember that guy?

MJZiggy
09-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Agreed, Vanman.

I did like the distance on Crosby's kicks, though. And who was that guy, that kicker we used to have - you know, that guy that was a good field goal kicker, but was real, real fussy - you know, that guy who could kick it on the kickoff down to the ten yard line on a sunny, warm day? What was his name? Umm, Long something? Schlongwell? Anybody remember that guy?

Longbottom!! First name Neville or something like that.

Fritz
09-11-2007, 06:24 PM
That's the guy! He's a little nervous about everything, that one. A good guy and all, though.

How's he doing with that new team? The Slytherin Vi-Queens?

BallHawk
09-11-2007, 06:27 PM
http://www.wegotcards.com/cards/friends/insults/nerd.GIF

MJZiggy
09-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Like you didn't read it...

Pack_Attack88
09-11-2007, 10:43 PM
how lucky are we that the Chiefs picked that bust over Crosby in the draft, leaving Crosby to fall to us???

thank you KC!!

cpk1994
09-12-2007, 01:40 AM
Agreed, Vanman.

I did like the distance on Crosby's kicks, though. And who was that guy, that kicker we used to have - you know, that guy that was a good field goal kicker, but was real, real fussy - you know, that guy who could kick it on the kickoff down to the ten yard line on a sunny, warm day? What was his name? Umm, Long something? Schlongwell? Anybody remember that guy?Isn't that the same guy who blamed everyone else for his misses and not himself?

Jerry Tagge
09-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Chiefs signing Rayner means they will win this Sunday.

Rayner has never lost to the Bears in the spaceship.