PDA

View Full Version : Cornered Dogs

RIPackerFan
09-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Part of me is not happy with all the injuries to the Giants - assuming Manning, Jacobs, and Umenyiora don't play - the Giants might be like cornered dogs. When everyone expects you to lose - sometimes you play lights out. I've seen too many times when a back-up comes in and proceeds to beat us.

Hopefully, they may be downtrodden, feeling like they are getting the same bad breaks as last year.

I think it is really important in this game to strike first - get them thinking that they can't catch any breaks - basically breaking their will.

Carolina_Packer
09-10-2007, 10:51 PM
I'll just take a little more consistency on offense; some drives would be nice. If it breaks their will, so much the better.

I think the D will have another strong showing, and hopefully the ST is for real.

MadtownPacker
09-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Had the Giants not suffered all the big injuries I might have some concern about them coming out fired up but right now they are not cornered dogs, they are dogs that have been to michael vick's house and back. If it was any Packers defense from the last 5 years I would say maybe but this year they are out there tearing it up and I think the DL is gonna have a field day in NY.

packinpatland
09-11-2007, 07:33 AM
......there is just something about those Meadowlands............when was the last time the Packers won there?

Harlan Huckleby
09-11-2007, 07:39 AM
http://www.fsafood.com/NR/rdonlyres/BD365E29-99DA-4AB4-AF21-7CFC55887DF1/0/corndog.jpg

rpiotr01
09-11-2007, 08:19 AM
......there is just something about those Meadowlands............when was the last time the Packers won there?

Last time we played there was 2002, against the Jets. Last game of the year, 4 o'clock game. We already had playoffs locked up, they just found out that with a win that day they would make the playoffs. Pennington's first year, Jet fans LOVED him back then. Anyway, they came out fired up and killed us (and incidentally, we went on to lose to Vick at home... )

Played the Giants the year before that in 2001, and we beat them there. That was the game Strahan got his "record" sack (you know, the record that really belonged to Reggie White in the strike shortened season, or, to be honest, Deacon Jones but they didn't keep track back then).

Those were the last two games there and I was at both, they haven't played there since.

MadtownPacker
09-11-2007, 08:35 AM
Those were the last two games there and I was at both, they haven't played there since.How did the NY fans treat you?

rpiotr01
09-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Those were the last two games there and I was at both, they haven't played there since.How did the NY fans treat you?

They were fine. The Jets game was fun because it was win-win - the Pack was already in the playoffs so it was meaningless for them to lose, and the Jets got in the playoffs, so they were all happy. Generally Jet fans are a lot more boorish than Giants fans.

The Giants game was OK too, we beat them so badly the crowd was out of it most of the game. Plus they got to see Strahan get the record so that was good for them.

Meh, it's not a big deal. Philly fans are by far the worst in the area, Jet fans too. Giants fans are usually pretty cool. Delusional sometimes, but no more so than us. They drink the same Kool-aid afterall, it's just blue instead of green ;)

Badgerinmaine
09-11-2007, 11:11 AM

Last time we played there was 2002, against the Jets. Last game of the year, 4 o'clock game. We already had playoffs locked up, they just found out that with a win that day they would make the playoffs. Pennington's first year, Jet fans LOVED him back then. Anyway, they came out fired up and killed us (and incidentally, we went on to lose to Vick at home... )

Played the Giants the year before that in 2001, and we beat them there. That was the game Strahan got his "record" sack (you know, the record that really belonged to Reggie White in the strike shortened season, or, to be honest, Deacon Jones but they didn't keep track back then).

Those were the last two games there and I was at both, they haven't played there since.

I found the last five scores against the Giants at Giants Stadium on USA Today's website:
2002 Packers 34, Giants 25 (2001 season--game was in January)
1998 Packers 37, Giants 3
1992 Giants 27, Packers 7
1987 Giants 20, Packers 10
1986 Giants 55, Packers 24 (ouch!)

packinpatland
09-12-2007, 08:55 PM

They were fine. The Jets game was fun because it was win-win - the Pack was already in the playoffs so it was meaningless for them to lose, and the Jets got in the playoffs, so they were all happy. Generally Jet fans are a lot more boorish than Giants fans.

The Giants game was OK too, we beat them so badly the crowd was out of it most of the game. Plus they got to see Strahan get the record so that was good for them.

Meh, it's not a big deal. Philly fans are by far the worst in the area, Jet fans too. Giants fans are usually pretty cool. Delusional sometimes, but no more so than us. They drink the same Kool-aid afterall, it's just blue instead of green ;)

I was at that Jet game in 2002. Worst game ever, as far as fans were concerned. Maybe we just got 'lucky', our sears were in the middle of some pretty nasty drunks. The only time EVER, that I was more than alittle bit scared.........

b bulldog
09-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Hopefully this will not be another Hoover(Carolina) type game where a player from no where stuns the Pack with a superman like performance.

cpk1994
09-13-2007, 08:42 AM

Meh, it's not a big deal. Philly fans are by far the worst in the area, Jet fans too. Giants fans are usually pretty cool. Delusional sometimes, but no more so than us. They drink the same Kool-aid afterall, it's just blue instead of green ;)That Jets game wasn't meaningless. If the Pack had won they would have secured home field advantage throughout the playoffs.