PDA

View Full Version : Pack+1 WTF????????????

Packnut
09-11-2007, 08:50 AM
Manning out and the line is NYG laying a point? Without Manning, no way will the G-men score on our D. May-be Manning is'nt out and Mort is nuts. I don't get this one.......

Joemailman
09-11-2007, 08:59 AM
At this point, Giants aren't conceding that Manning is out. My guess is they'll try to keep the Packers (and the oddsmakers) guessing. I wouldn't be surprised to see Manning listed as questionable when the injury report comes out.

The Leaper
09-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Wow. Bet the college savings on that one.

The Leaper
09-11-2007, 09:01 AM
At this point, Giants aren't conceding that Manning is out. My guess is they'll try to keep the Packers (and the oddsmakers) guessing. I wouldn't be surprised to see Manning listed as questionable when the injury report comes out.

True, but at best he is going to be VERY limited. I would expect that line to move toward making the Packers the favorites in a hurry.

Packnut
09-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Well, I just violated my #1 rule of never betting on Pack games. I had to take this one. If Lorenzen starts, I'll be damned if we don't have at least 5 sacks. That guy defines the word slow.

MTPackerfan
09-11-2007, 09:30 AM
I read in the paper today that Eli says the Giants left it up to him if he wants to play. Not sure if this is a load of crap disinformation or true.

rpiotr01
09-11-2007, 09:48 AM
I read in the paper today that Eli says the Giants left it up to him if he wants to play. Not sure if this is a load of crap disinformation or true.

That sounds like a load to me. You can't just leave it up to a player to decide, especially a young guy like Eli - with a vet it's a different story, but not with a third year guy. That would really put him in a bad spot. What if he really feels like he can't play, but feels the pressure to play any way to look good to the fans? Look what happened with Chris Simms last year. Talk that he was soft and under performing, so he doesn't speak up when he's really hurt because he's trying to prove something to an overbearing coach and winds up in the hospital.

Nah, this is pre-game confusion stuff. They've already said Osi and Jacobs are out, they're not going to tip their hand on Eli too...

VanPackFan
09-11-2007, 11:08 AM
Manning out and the line is NYG laying a point? Without Manning, no way will the G-men score on our D. May-be Manning is'nt out and Mort is nuts. I don't get this one.......

I'm perfectly happy if the Packers get absolutely NO respect from prognosticators and odds makers all season.
Until they see the Packers in the playoffs and they're forced to ask themselves, how the heck did that happen?

It never hurts to fly under the radar a bit.

Merlin
09-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Packers on the road in New Jersey right?

I wouldn't bet on a W for us, not a chance.

CaliforniaCheez
09-11-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm suprised that there is even a line. Usually when a starting QB is out the bookie will not take action on the game.

Secondly, the odds are set by the number of bets. If a million people bet the sun will not rise tomorrow and only you are betting that it will rise then you will get great odds on your bet.

The betting line is the bookie attempting to equal the payout for both sides. They only make money on the charge for making a bet.

You make money taking advantage of betting lines like this one.

The Cowpies ran right at the out of shape Strahan taking advantage. They also took advantage of a linebacker who was a DE in college(like Poppinga was burned early last year). Dim Witten had many catches. The poor Giants defense is just what the Packer Offense needs.

Take advantage and bet while you can.

woodbuck27
09-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Consider a max. bet on our side in this game if Eli Manning (plus B. Jacobs) are out.

The Giant 'D' and depth = bad.

I believe still. . .that the Giants are favored by a point TODAY.

Update on Eli Manning:

http://www.giants.com/

Injury Update: Manning Day to Day

Eli Manning has started 40 consecutive regular season games, the fourth-longest active streak among NFL quarterbacks.

Whether he starts No. 41 in the Giants’ home opener Sunday is uncertain, though Manning seemed hopeful today that he will line up against the Green Bay Packers.

Bretsky
09-11-2007, 03:49 PM
The Giants stink

I'd even bet on this one.

Our offense should even move the ball Sunday

MJZiggy
09-11-2007, 04:07 PM
I can't believe that yahoo has GB listed as the underdog in this game...

KYPack
09-11-2007, 04:10 PM
It's an NY team, so the books are setting a sucker line.

The problem is, never touch a sucker line, it might be for you.

Bretsky
09-11-2007, 04:10 PM
I'd put money on GB but that would almost guarantee a loss :lol:

vince
09-11-2007, 04:14 PM
It's all about the money Zig. A lot of betting happens from the East Coast, so there's an early East Coast bias with this game...

oregonpackfan
09-11-2007, 04:17 PM

Hey Bretsky,

Weren't you at the Eagles game? If you were there, the Bretsky jinx on the Packers is broken! :)

Him8123
09-11-2007, 04:23 PM
they would never leave it up to the player unless its a minor ache, a separated shoulder, its up to the team doctors I believe. I dont know I could be wrong.

Bretsky
09-11-2007, 04:58 PM

Hey Bretsky,

Weren't you at the Eagles game? If you were there, the Bretsky jinx on the Packers is broken! :)

Never thought about that; yes, the Jinx is gone !!!!

BallHawk
09-11-2007, 05:00 PM

Hey Bretsky,

Never thought about that; yes, the Jinx is gone !!!!

What was the stadium like when Crosby hit the kick?

TennesseePackerBacker
09-11-2007, 05:04 PM
I'll be betting this one if it's still +1 when I get my sheet today. Went 7-1 in my NFL bets last week, college was a losing one though or my winnings would be much larger this week :x

Packnut
09-11-2007, 05:09 PM
I'll be betting this one if it's still +1 when I get my sheet today. Went 7-1 in my NFL bets last week, college was a losing one though or my winnings would be much larger this week :x

Oh man, your an SEC guy, how did you not LOAD UP on the MIGHTY TIGERS OF LSU???????? I had em for the quarter, the half and the game. 8-)

Packnut
09-11-2007, 05:11 PM
It's an NY team, so the books are setting a sucker line.

The problem is, never touch a sucker line, it might be for you.

Usually the sucker line is made just for me and I've learned my lesson not to bite, but I just could'nt pass up this one. Besides, if Mortenson is wrong and ELI plays, I'm billing him for my loss. :lol: