PDA

View Full Version : OT - (Sorry) Can't post/stay logged in with iPhone

mission
09-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Sorry, didnt know where else to put this. I do most of my browsing on the go and PR is the only site where I can't seem to post/stay logged in/or generally use how i want.

The problem works two ways:

A) i log in first, go to reply -- type it all out (sometimes a bit of a task on an iphone:P) -- then it redirects me to login and i lose my msg
B) hit reply, do the same, get redirected to login, get excited that it's going to save my msg and then it's gone

ive had a lot of good stuff to share! like being at the atlanta BEAGLES bar during the game!! :D

Madtown? Lil love please bruh!! :D Thanks :)

it's OSX with a safari browser if that helps at all... cookies and jscript enabled

MadtownPacker
09-11-2007, 08:14 PM
it's OSX with a safari browser if that helps at all... cookies and jscript enabledThats what I was gonna ask about. I am not famliiar with that browser. Maybe you ca add PR as a "trusted site"? Ill see what I can come up with.

Partial - Dont you use it?

Partial
09-11-2007, 08:20 PM
It's a full version of safari so I am not sure why it wouldn't work. I've seen it work on other PHPbb boards. I think it is something on the phone and not on the site. I will look into it.

BallHawk
09-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Partial has a PC, so I doubt he would be using Safari on Windows (serious issues.) He uses Firefox.

Partial
09-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Partial has a PC, so I doubt he would be using Safari on Windows (serious issues.) He uses Firefox.

True to an extent. I jump around computer to computer depending on what I need it for. I am saving up for another laptop right now that I will likely purchase this upcoming summer.

I use FF most of the time but the updates to Safari for windows have improved it 10 fold. It is much, much more stable now despite still being in beta.

I would try clearing the cookies and temporary internet files. That will likely allow it to stay logged in and work.

Jimx29
09-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Clear all your cookies, temp files and cache. Then reboot

the_idle_threat
09-11-2007, 11:35 PM
I have a similar (or perhaps the same) problem when I'm at work. I get logged out automatically after a few minutes of browsing inactivity. It often happens when I'm on the "post reply" page for a long time typing a long post. When I'm finished typing and I hit "preview" or "submit," I get the login screen, and whether I log back in right away or hit the back button, my post is lost either way.

Since I can't change the settings on the computer or even clear the cache and cookies (because the computers where I work are all severely locked down for some unknown security reason), I've learned to highlight and copy any long post I've typed before hitting "preview" or "submit." That way, if I have been logged out in the meantime and the message is lost, I can log back in, paste the message, and post it right away.

mraynrand
09-12-2007, 06:29 AM
Clear all your cookies, temp files and cache. Then reboot

MMMMMMmmmmmmm..........Coookies

http://www.webalice.it/elenamorelli/homer.gif

mission
09-12-2007, 02:45 PM
thanks but i think you guys are misunderstanding a bit... i said 'IPHONE" ... meaning: im on a phone. there's no cache clearing, rebooting and that kind of thing. it's a phone :D

i can enable cookies and jscript thats about it... i post on about 10 other forums, mainly music/production/engineering related and never have a problem staying logged in or even having the phone's browser remember my password.

for some reason, this is the ONLY site where i have troubles. i was out last night, reading your replies and wanting nothing more to reply... had to wait til i got into the office. kinda sucks and i just cant seem to get into the other packer forum sites. i go and browse sometimes but there just seems to be more idiots on the other sites. you guys are ok in my book :D

i wanna stick around but also want to contribute to conversation ... it has to be on the server end somehow. my phone has been rock solid for everything else.

if you know anyone that has an iphone, try to get them to create an account and see if they can post and reply and do all that stuff... im curious.

this hasnt always gone on tho... last couple weeks. previous to that, most of my posts where made from the phone. that's why they look even more like they came from a third grader. :Pg