PDA

View Full Version : Injury Questions

Partial
09-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Who substitutes in if one of the two starting ends gets hurt and misses a few games? Do they bring KGB back into the starting lineup or do they bring Corey Williams over to start at end while keeping KGB in his 3rd down rushing role?

Say a starter or Bush gets hurt. Who steps in as the nickleback? Blackmon or former Giant?

What about right tackle? Moll or Juice?

What about center? Spitz or Juice?

Harlan Huckleby
09-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Spitz or Juice?

Sounds like you are examining something you found on a sidewalk. Probably a bird dropping.

K-town
09-12-2007, 11:19 AM
Who substitutes in if one of the two starting ends gets hurt and misses a few games? Do they bring KGB back into the starting lineup or do they bring Corey Williams over to start at end while keeping KGB in his 3rd down rushing role?

Corey Williams played end in pre-season - so he's my guess as first off the bench for DE.

Say a starter or Bush gets hurt. Who steps in as the nickleback? Blackmon or former Giant?

Blackmon has the broken thumb, so I'd guess Walker, with Tramon Williams in the dime.

What about right tackle? Moll or Juice?

Moll is hurt, so maybe Tony Palmer?

What about center? Spitz or Juice?

Paging Frank Winters.

HarveyWallbangers
09-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Coston appears to be the top backup at LG, RG, and RT. If Clifton got injured, Colledge would move to LT and Coston would go to LG.

Palmer seems like a OG or OC replacement only.

rpiotr01
09-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Juice is the first guy off the bench when any lineman goes down.

Although that may be changing because it looks like he's going to start.

As for the DBs, when Harris got hurt Tramon Williams was the first guy out there.

wist43
09-12-2007, 12:42 PM

As for the DBs, when Harris got hurt Tramon Williams was the first guy out there.

If Coston is named the starter this week, he will be w/in the next couple of weeks... Spitz was awful on Sunday, and Coston wasn't bad.

Jackson had two good runs at the end of the game to set up the FG, both were behind Coston, and he cleared the way very effectively.

Don't see how Coston can't be the starter there.

OS PA
09-12-2007, 02:00 PM

If Coston is named the starter this week, he will be w/in the next couple of weeks... Spitz was awful on Sunday, and Coston wasn't bad.

Jackson had two good runs at the end of the game to set up the FG, both were behind Coston, and he cleared the way very effectively.

Don't see how Coston can't be the starter there.

I've been seeing this entire forum saying that Spitz had a bad game in week one, and with this I can't disagree, but to say that he is destined for the bench due to one bad game, in which he was playing with a calf injury, is completely ridiculous. Are we forgetting that he was injured last week, and has been dealing with a calf injury through all of camp? I realize that if he were unable to play effectively he shouldn't have been out there, but to say that he's not a good player anymore or should be benched in favor of Coston is a joke. Spitz is probably our best run-blocker on the team when he's healthy. I'd be fine with seeing Coston play next week while Spitz gets time to rest his calf, but to say that I'd be happy to see Coston play for the rest of the season would be a lie. Guard is not Coston's natural position, he's huge and should be our future right tackle rather than a plug in the middle.

Spitz in injured, he's not a terrible player, get it straight, please.