PDA

View Full Version : Tank's arguement against me on JS.....

RashanGary
05-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Here is the foudation of Tank's response to me after I wrote a thread on how the salary cap related to the set budget of a regular family. The quote after Tank attacked my credibility is from Duke University economist Cade Massey and Richard Thaler of the University of Chicago.

NickCollinsMany of the things that are involved in living or enjoying life cost money. If you overspend on one area, it costs another area of life. The ultimate goal is to make your 70,000 best support your needs and wants.

TANK "I am sick of reading Collins’ crap, so I have decided to write a counter-argument.

Collins, the poster, likes to think of himself as a football expert but in truth, he is all about sparring crap. In his thread, “A salary cap analogy for those who expect big FA moves,” he fallaciously, ridiculously and illogically compared the NFL salary cap to a middle class family with an annual income of $70,000. He was basically speaking of opportunity cost, the economic notion that sacrifices pertain to decision making. In other words, you can’t have this without giving up that. But to compare the purchase a new Yukon at the expense one’s retirement fund to signing a marquee free agent at the expense of the future cap is just sheerly ridiculous. "

Massey and Thaler "We suspect that some teams
have not fully come to grips with the implications of the salary cap, a relatively new innovation. Buying
expensive players, even if they turn out to be great performers, imposes opportunity costs elsewhere on
the roster. Spending $10 million on a star quarterback instead of $5 million on a journeyman implies
having $5 million less to spend on offensive linemen to block or linebackers to tackle. Some of the
successful franchises seem to understand these concepts, most notably the New England Patriots"

I think at the very least we can award a high level of credibility to these professionals in relation to this topic. My comparison of the NFL salary cap to a family with a set income was not only valid but important enough for these two highly regarded economist’s to include in the conclusion to a research paper done on the NFL draft and how it relates to the set cap.

Tank is a very loud and repetitive in his beliefs but his opinions are not valid according to many including Massey and Thaler and this article further proves the irrelevance of the poster known as “TankÃ¢à ‚¬Â.

From this point forward, I think we can dismiss Tank’s mindless babble as nothing more than a undeveloped mind trying to gain attention. He has been proven wrong whether he chooses the read the evidence and find out or not.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-03-2006, 10:56 PM
Maybe I can use Einstein’s research on his Theory of Relativity to back up my theory on relativity against yours?

RashanGary
05-03-2006, 11:06 PM
Like I said Tank....We can either use the foundation of economics as explained by the University economist's above or we can browse through you're gibberish on the theories of relativity.

Any theory or analysis can be argued against using the theory of relativity. We could use Einstein’s theory of relativity to show that Grady Jackson is not a big man. At the end of the day nothing is what it is and we've gotten no where. I choose in this instance to base my belief on generally accepted economic rules. You can bust out Einstein's theory of relativity like you do all damn day long but it doesn't change the universally accepted beliefs.

RashanGary
05-03-2006, 11:15 PM
I know what you're trying to argue and in a way I admire it but at some point you have to stop ignoring the obvious.

I used to use drugs and smoke cigarettes. I once had a person in my life tell me "That is stupid" I said "Why? Because you think it's stupid. What if I don't put as high of importance on a long life as you. What if I enjoy the feeling of smoking a cigarette. What if I enjoy getting high. I am happy with my life. Who are you to judge what is smart and stupid"

I was using relativity to back my claim that drugs were good. At the end of the day though, I was missing out on alot of the things in life that I now truely enjoy. I was just like you in that I never took things for what they were and at school I was titled "the world according to bob" for my far out thinking and lack of rational. I'm still pretty far out there but I now enjoy researching to find my own conclusions rather than using relativity to break down others. You'll find some day that it is not hard to break any arugement using relativity because I could sit here and do it to just about every single discussion on this board. I personally have more interesting things to expend my energy on and quite frankly, more challanging mental hurdles to tackle. You apparently are stuck in my high school mind trying to fight the world. I consider you more immature than anything.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-03-2006, 11:24 PM
Nick, I think you got the wrong idea. My intention to bring up the theory of relativity is not to relate it to our discussion of the salary cap, but to implied something like "since you put so much weight on a theory (Massey and Thaler's), it would be the same as if i use Einsteins work as my main base should we ever argue about the theory of relativity."
That’s all.

RashanGary
05-03-2006, 11:30 PM
Yeah.....So you're going to use a logic that basically disproves any logic. I don't think it's very productive.

SkinBasket
05-04-2006, 06:01 AM
So why did you bring your JS Online butch lesbian pillowfight over here again?

SkinBasket
05-04-2006, 06:11 AM
In fact, this got me to think of the Degeneress - O'Donnell Theory. It states, simply, as alluded to above, that while you two douchebags bounce around on the matress (your lame basis for this post) swinging giant fluffy pillows (your lame and ineffectual arguments) at each other, the only thing the rest of us see are the crabs falling out of your man-cut BVD undies (this means you have crabs).

Can't you two just PM each other this crap? Because we all know how it's going to end...

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2004/10/14/Rosie_Donnell_wideweb__430x426.jpg

Fritz
05-04-2006, 06:27 AM
"I was titled 'the world according to bob'"

Your name is Nick. Please stay in the glorious world of Packerrats cyberspace. If I ever met you I'd call you Nick. If somebody pointed to you and asked me who you were I'd say "Nick Collins."

Tarlam!
05-04-2006, 06:36 AM
If somebody pointed to you and asked me who you were I'd say "Nick Collins."

And, if I were an innocent bystander overhearing this, I would run over, fall on my knees and beg for an autograph for my dog, named Tarlam!

KYPack
05-04-2006, 07:55 AM
Can't you two just PM each other this crap? Because we all know how it's going to end...

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2004/10/14/Rosie_Donnell_wideweb__430x426.jpg

Skin, "We all know how it's going to end"

For Nick and Tank?

or

For Ellen "the Degenerate" & Spanky?

SkinBasket
05-04-2006, 11:17 AM
Nick and Tank. I think the end already came and went for Roise.

MJZiggy
05-04-2006, 11:20 AM

She just got hired as a personality on The View.

SkinBasket
05-04-2006, 11:29 AM

She just got hired as a personality on The View.

More evidence to further my point. Next stop. Star Jonesville.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Fuck you skin basket, you motherfucker. Go fuck your sister for all i care.

billy_oliver880
05-04-2006, 11:52 AM
Is a public forum really the place to stage personal attacks?

TennesseePackerBacker
05-04-2006, 11:56 AM
I wish i could be Rasta Rat :sad: lol

MadtownPacker
05-04-2006, 12:26 PM
Is a public forum really the place to stage personal attacks?
I guess people can argue if they want but bringing one from another forum aint right.

Does this thread deserve to be whacked?

jack's smirking revenge
05-04-2006, 12:31 PM
My vote is whacked if vulgarities start flying. Its obvious that the respect factor to the argument has flown out the window at that point.

tyler

HarveyWallbangers
05-04-2006, 12:53 PM
The Romper Room should be rated R, and this should be moved there.
:D

RashanGary
05-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Go ahead...Move it....

However, I really don't think Tank is offended by anything I say to him. He appears very secure in his thinking.

Also, I'm not too offended by anything Tank or anyone else says. Sometimes I'm right. Sometimes I'm wrong. Either you like it or you don't.

SkinBasket
05-04-2006, 02:40 PM

Why you all worked up if you don't care so much?

As far as vulgarities, you can't use that as a litmus test to whack a thread. The charming thing abuot this fucking board is it's lack of censoring.

You can, however, apply the Degeneres-O'Donnell theorem to clearly see why this thing should have been torched before it even began.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-04-2006, 02:52 PM

Why you all worked up if you don't care so much?

As far as vulgarities, you can't use that as a litmus test to whack a thread. The charming thing abuot this fucking board is it's lack of censoring.

You can, however, apply the Degeneres-O'Donnell theorem to clearly see why this thing should have been torched before it even began.

Congratulation Skin Basket, you have passed my psychology test. You kept your cool. I was going to put a "wink" next to the above quote, to signal it as a joke, but wanted to see how you would react first.

Here it is: :wink:.

SkinBasket
05-04-2006, 03:01 PM
Congratulation Skin Basket, you have passed my psychology test. You kept your cool. I was going to put a "wink" next to the above quote, to signal it as a joke, but wanted to see how you would react first.

Great, do I get a medal? Or a cookie? Either one should work fine for sticking up your corn hole (RESPEC fo the Romper Room). If the medal has pointies on it, or if the the cookies are made with pine cones, that would be best.

Thinking never has been one of your strong suits, and you continue to prove that week after week. Wink that.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-04-2006, 03:07 PM

Great, do I get a medal? Or a cookie? Either one should work fine for sticking up your corn hole (RESPEC fo the Romper Room). If the medal has pointies on it, or if the the cookies are made with pine cones, that would be best.

No, you win a night of fun sex with your sister; if you dont have a sister, then your brother; if you dont have a brother, then your mother. I am sure you have a mother.

Go, basket, go; who's stopping you?

:wink:

Little Whiskey
05-04-2006, 03:20 PM
forum fights are the best kind of fight. who needs a fight club when you have forum fight!!

Deputy Nutz
05-04-2006, 10:13 PM
The last thing tha I remember Skinbasket saying about his mother, was that she was doped up on pain killers, and worked at a golf course. Maybe that was his mother in law.

Who knows, but leave her out of it.

SkinBasket
05-04-2006, 10:15 PM
The last thing tha I remember Skinbasket saying about his mother, was that she was doped up on pain killers, and worked at a golf course. Maybe that was his mother in law.

That was antidepressants, not painkillers. And by the way, she's offended that you don't remember last Thursday. She does.

Deputy Nutz
05-04-2006, 10:27 PM
Sorry, I was a little fucked up. I'll send her a dozen roses, and a 5th of Segrams.

Little Whiskey
05-05-2006, 10:36 AM
nutz, in another thread you mentioned that you had to take a day off of posting for the birth of your kid.

CONGRATS!! boy or girl......or beast!!