PDA

View Full Version : TT signs FA RB, TE's

packrulz
05-04-2006, 04:34 AM
By Rob Demovsky
PackersNews.com

The Green Bay Packers didn’t address their running back needs in the draft, and the rookie free agent they signed appears to be a big-time long shot.

The Packers have agreed to terms with former Kentucky running back Arliss Beach, who never was a regular starter during his four years in college. The 6-foot, 200-pound Beach was the Wildcats’ backup to sophomore Rafael Little in 2005. He sat behind future NFL back Artose Pinner as a freshman and played sparingly because of various injuries as a sophomore and junior.

Beach probably wasn’t even on most NFL teams’ radar screens until he put together an impressive workout on his pro day in March. He ran a 4.45 40-yard dash and did 21 repetitions on the bench press (225 pounds). As a senior, Beach gained only 314 yards on 64 carries and scored six touchdowns. He also had eight receptions for 65 yards.

The Packers aren’t expected to have running backs Ahman Green (quadriceps tendon) and Najeh Davenport (broken ankle) for this weekend’s minicamp. Green’s injury was serious, especially for a player of his age (29), and Davenport has battled injury issues his entire career.

The Packers also agreed to terms with a pair of small-college tight ends, Zac Alcorn of Black Hills State and A.J. Cooper of North Dakota State. Alcorn (6-4, 260) caught 57 passes for 807 yards and seven touchdowns in 2005 for the NAIA school. Cooper (6-1, 239) caught 24 passes for 473 yards and four touchdowns. He was an honorable mention Division I-AA all-American as a senior.

The Packers are expected to sign 12 undrafted rookies, but the team hasn’t released their list.

Tarlam!
05-04-2006, 05:22 AM
The hallowed name of Samkon Gado needs to be recalled when reading this article. Let us never forget, he was a 3rd stringer at Liberty before he found his way on the Green and Gold Brick Road.

Since this most reverant experience, I will place my stock into TT's eye for talent and not some press "xpert"!

Fritz
05-04-2006, 06:29 AM
"The Packers also agreed to terms with a pair of small-college tight ends, Zac Alcorn of Black Hills State..."

Here's what a great GM really does: he sits in his office at 3:00 am on a Sunday night, watching film of the Flying Graniteheads of Black Hills State College.

Go Ted, Go!

billy_oliver880
05-04-2006, 06:42 AM
"The Packers also agreed to terms with a pair of small-college tight ends, Zac Alcorn of Black Hills State..."

Here's what a great GM really does: he sits in his office at 3:00 am on a Sunday night, watching film of the Flying Graniteheads of Black Hills State College.

Go Ted, Go!

He prolly called this kid up and his reaction would have been priceless! ME??? NFL??? *FAINT* :D :D

MJZiggy
05-04-2006, 07:24 AM
The hallowed name of Samkon Gado needs to be recalled when reading this article. Let us never forget, he was a 3rd stringer at Liberty before he found his way on the Green and Gold Brick Road.

Since this most reverant experience, I will place my stock into TT's eye for talent and not some press "xpert"!

Aren't we thinking alike this morning. It was the first thing I though of when I read "never a regular starter in college"

Tarlam!
05-04-2006, 08:06 AM
Aren't we thinking alike this morning.

Taken out of context, I might have yes, we are thinking alike this morning. But I have far too much respect for you...!

packrulz
05-04-2006, 03:17 PM
Paul Coffman & Ed West were undrafted FA's. I was really hoping TT was going to take Calhoun but unfortunately the Lions took him right before his pick.

Fosco33
05-05-2006, 12:33 AM
My friend from Arkansas works with a girl who's boyfriend was apparently picked up as well. His name is Shermar Bracey (RB). Just a practice player but still kinda cool.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=150596

MJZiggy
05-05-2006, 05:38 AM
When that kid had big games, he had BIG games. 5 carries for 105 yards?

HarveyWallbangers
05-05-2006, 07:23 AM
When that kid had big games, he had BIG games. 5 carries for 105 yards?

Yeah, he averaged 6.5 yards/carry and 10.3 yards/reception. You'd think the coaches would have found a way to get it into his hands more.

Guiness
05-05-2006, 09:22 AM
By Rob Demovsky
PackersNews.com

The Packers have agreed to terms with former Kentucky running back Arliss Beach,

I can imagine those terms.

Pack: wanna come to Green Bay? We'll pay your plane ticket and motel.
Arliss: YES! :shock: