PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle Pics

Freak Out
09-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Nice little set off photos from the last shuttle mission.

http://www.texasjim.com/NASApix/NASA%20pix.htm

oregonpackfan
09-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Wow, those pictures are amazing! The clarity was remarkable.

The last picture showing the eye of the most recent hurricane was breathtaking!

Partial
09-13-2007, 10:21 PM
breathtaking

mmmdk
09-14-2007, 03:14 AM
Wow!

Kiwon
09-14-2007, 03:36 AM
Aw, dude, unbelievable.

That second shot is especially incredible. I really don't know how anyone can look at those photos and not believe in a Creator God.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-14-2007, 03:52 AM
That’s why I wanted to be a astronaut when I was a kid, awesome. Probably some of the best photos I have ever seen.

Thanks for posting.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-14-2007, 03:52 AM
I really don't know how anyone can look at those photos and not believe in a Creator God.

I agree.

Freak Out
09-14-2007, 12:03 PM
It just always amazes me to see how mankind has adapted to handle pretty much any environment we've encountered.

mmmdk
09-14-2007, 01:52 PM
I really don't know how anyone can look at those photos and not believe in a Creator God.

I agree.

...I thought some of the clouds looked more like Jar Jar Binks.

Zool
09-14-2007, 01:54 PM

I agree.

Meesa no tinkin dats a funny mista. brrrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrb

Kiwon
09-14-2007, 06:02 PM
It just always amazes me to see how mankind has adapted to handle pretty much any environment we've encountered.

What happens if one of the astronauts on a space walk takes off his helmet or there is a hole in his spacesuit? Adaptation over.

Man's achievements are remarkable, but only in a relative way. I focus on what mankind can't do and doesn't know and how fragile we are. For all the "achievements," it really doesn't amount to much.

Look at that hurricane? Look at its power and immensity. Man's activity contributed to its formation? Stopping certain activities will decrease its likelihood and intensity? Climate change alarmists think so. Give me a break. Since when did man become so powerful?

Mankind can build a space station but they can't cure the common cold. We can't control when it rains so we walk around with a little piece of nylon stretched over a metal skeleton. We build structures that are so difficult to maintain that they are neglected and we allow things like pigeon waste to degrade them over time (the steel of the Minneapolis bridge that collapsed).

Mankind is remarkable, but awfully, awfully limited. We don't even know our environment, much less understand it. Scientists just discovered a big hole in space. What is it? Who knows? All the brightest minds can do is poorly describe it and then speculate.

We are a speck on a speck in a vast ocean of space. The marbles scene in the first MIB movie is somewhat appropriate. Frankly, man deserves some credit for growing and adapting, but not much. They have yet to master any environment on Earth, let alone space. Mankind’s limitedness - that's what these incredible indicate to me.

mmmdk
09-15-2007, 02:56 AM

I agree.

Meesa no tinkin dats a funny mista. brrrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrb

I KNEW IT WAS YOU; JAR JAR!!! I missed you in episode II & III but now I know you are no mere CGI Lucas creation as you live in the clouds above us little earthlings. Lead us Jar Jar - to the land of toffees and twinkies. A new religion is born!