PDA

View Full Version : Could be down to 1 TE on Sun

OKC PackerFan
09-13-2007, 09:00 PM
From KFFL

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Packers | D. Lee limited in practice Thursday
Thu, 13 Sep 2007 17:10:46 -0700

Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers TE Donald Lee (knee) was added to the team's injury report Thursday, Sept. 13, after being limited in practice. His status for Week 2 is uncertain.

packinpatland
09-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Lovely. :roll:

MJZiggy
09-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Go Bubba???

Lurker64
09-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Moll played TE in college, put him in and run the ball!

oregonpackfan
09-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Go Bubba???

As the cliche goes, it would be a great time for Bubba to "step up his play."

Joemailman
09-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Moll played TE in college, put him in and run the ball!

Moll is out with a neck stinger.

Joemailman
09-13-2007, 09:42 PM
This guy is on the Practice Squad:

Packers Sign TE Ryan Krause To Practice Squad

posted 09/03/2007

The Green Bay Packers signed tight end Ryan Krause to the practice squad Monday. The signing was announced by Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations.

A 6-foot-3, 244-pound player from Nebraska-Omaha, Krause was originally drafted by San Diego in the sixth round of the 2004 NFL Draft. He played in two games as a rookie and three games in 2005 with the Chargers. He was listed as inactive for all 16 games in 2006.

Most recently, Krause spent training camp in 2007 in Cleveland. He will wear No. 48.

MTPackerfan
09-13-2007, 09:45 PM
this is one drawback of only having two TE's on the roster

Bretsky
09-13-2007, 09:53 PM

posted 09/03/2007

The Green Bay Packers signed tight end Ryan Krause to the practice squad Monday. The signing was announced by Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations.

A 6-foot-3, 244-pound player from Nebraska-Omaha, Krause was originally drafted by San Diego in the sixth round of the 2004 NFL Draft. He played in two games as a rookie and three games in 2005 with the Chargers. He was listed as inactive for all 16 games in 2006.

Most recently, Krause spent training camp in 2007 in Cleveland. He will wear No. 48.

Can we just go sign a dam free agent so I can get rid of this dumb signature by 2008 ? Who's out there that just retired ?

Bring Back Wesley Walls ! :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
09-13-2007, 10:17 PM
Let's say the Pack go 10-6 and make the playoffs this year. Will you edit the sig to praise Ted Thompson? Or will you change your tune like packnut and then rip Thompson for not putting us over the top? Just want this clarified.

Bretsky
09-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Let's say the Pack go 10-6 and make the playoffs this year. Will you edit the sig to praise Ted Thompson? Or will you change your tune like packnut and then rip Thompson for not putting us over the top? Just want this clarified.

I don't believe my signature has anything to do with the win loss record; when that next free agent is signed it's gone.

I think I've already given Snappage plenty of credit for his drafts.

I'm at peace with whatever record that we have; we're rebuilding for the future and taking positive steps. I'll enjoy watching Favre break records this year and watching the defense grow.

Packnut
09-13-2007, 10:29 PM

Changed my tune Harv? Look I know I made you look foolish over the Manuel thing just to name one, but let it go. If you wanna start, bring it.

Joemailman
09-13-2007, 10:31 PM

posted 09/03/2007

Can we just go sign a dam free agent so I can get rid of this dumb signature by 2008 ? Who's out there that just retired ?

Ryan Krause was a free agent!

HarveyWallbangers
09-13-2007, 10:32 PM
Look I know I made you look foolish over the Manuel thing just to name one, but let it go. If you wanna start, bring it.

:bs:

Bretsky
09-13-2007, 10:33 PM

posted 09/03/2007

Ryan Krause was a free agent!

Is he even on our roster ?

Lurker64
09-13-2007, 10:33 PM
Can we not fight in the 1 TE thread? There's plenty of less relevant threads you guys can fight in.

Packnut
09-13-2007, 10:34 PM
Look I know I made you look foolish over the Manuel thing just to name one, but let it go. If you wanna start, bring it.

:bs:

Yeah, that's what I thought.........

Merlin
09-14-2007, 01:31 PM
We don't need another TE as long as the other 52 men on the roster are the BPA's. Nice team management.

rpiotr01
09-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Any way we can put together a trade package for Tony Gonzalez? We have plenty of space to absorb his new contract, and it makes no sense at all for him to stay with KC, they're not going to do anything for the next year or so.

Just for sh*ts and giggles, what would it take, Corey Williams and a third?

I know Carl Peterson is a maniac, I know he would have wanted a 1st rounder for Larry Johnson, but Gonzalez is past his prime, if only by a year or so, but still on the downside. He's not the best of the best, a Gates or Crumpler, but he's definitely top of the second tier.

woodbuck27
09-14-2007, 01:58 PM

We won't go 10-6 Harvey so what's your point? :)

Ted Thompson will have to demonstrate that he even has a clue how to be a competent GM before he gets any grace fr. some Packer fans that clearly see him as he is.

Some of us have the guts to call Ted Thompson out (via this forum), for his stuck in the mud approach or inflexibility to go for upgrades (Re: the 'O') on the present roster.

The price we have to pay for our integrity to face this man's slowness is worth that integrity. :)

GO PACKERS !

Lurker64
09-14-2007, 02:21 PM
:beat:

Anybody who speaks authoritatively on what our record will or won't be this season honestly isn't worth listening to. We've played 1 game, so the only record we know we won't have this year is 0-16. 1-15, 2-14, 3-13, 4-12, 5-11, 6-10, 7-9, 8-8, 9-7, 10-6, 11-5, 12-4, 13-3, 14-2, 15-1, an 16-0 are all still distinct possibilities. If you know for a fact what our record will or won't be, please give me stock tips.

Crazy things happen in football, if you say we're not going 10-6, suppose for example that Green Bay wins this weekend (which is certainly not hard to imagine.) Suddenly we've started 2-0, compared to previous years when we've had awful records out of the gate. Considering that last year's team started 1-4 and made it to 8-8 (while losing a few games that were very close and certainly winnable), what on earth would make you think that this year's team couldn't start 2-0 and make it to 10-6?

Merlin
09-14-2007, 05:34 PM

Ted Thompson will have to demonstrate that he even has a clue how to be a competent GM before he gets any grace fr. some Packer fans that clearly see him as he is.

Some of us have the guts to call Ted Thompson out (via this forum), for his stuck in the mud approach or inflexibility to go for upgrades (Re: the 'O') on the present roster.

The price we have to pay for our integrity to face this man's slowness is worth that integrity. :)

GO PACKERS !

To quote a koolaid drinker "If you aren't for TT then you aren't a true Packers fan" or some shit like that...

MJZiggy
09-14-2007, 05:42 PM

GO PACKERS !

The problem with having the guts to call TT out (via this forum) is that he DOESN'T READ THIS FORUM!!!! Maybe try his office--you'll have better luck reaching him there.

Scott Campbell
09-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Some of us have the guts to call Ted Thompson out (via this forum).......

Gee, maybe you'll get a Purple Heart, you big, brave man.

The Shadow
09-14-2007, 07:09 PM
[quote="woodbuck27"]
The price we have to pay for our integrity to face this man's slowness is worth that integrity:) /quote]

Jeezus! You make Nathan Hale seem tentative, meek, and inconfident.
Come down off the barricades. It's FOOTBALL, not a threat to civilization.