PDA

View Full Version : Osi Umenyiora Listed as "Probable" by Giants

Maxie the Taxi
09-15-2007, 07:26 AM
"Osi Umenyiora (knee) is listed as probable for Sunday's game.

"Unbelievable. Early in the week reports had Osi out as long as two months due to a torn MCL. Now, the Giants will be subject to NFL disciplinary action if Umenyiora doesn't play by listing him as probable. It's amazing that so many reporters got it wrong about Umenyiora and Eli Manning's injuries."

"Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette"

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&line=98201

swede
09-15-2007, 09:15 AM
How can that happen to TWO players in one week?

It is unflipping believable to think that a sprained knee on a RB(!) and a separated shoulder on a QB (!) could be ready to go in a week!

Incompetence in diagnosis or dishonesty in reporting are at work here. I refuse to believe that miraculous powers of healing could be found in two players on the same team.

Unless we're talking Reggie White and Brett Favre.

mission
09-15-2007, 09:30 AM
How can that happen to TWO players in one week?

It is unflipping believable to think that a sprained knee on a RB(!) and a separated shoulder on a QB (!) could be ready to go in a week!

It's actually their stud DE not RB (Jacobs) but I get your point, and agree. It's funny the games these organizations play to get any sort of competitive advantage. But it's a high stakes game and we shouldn't really expect anything less.

Personally, I want THE Giants. And I want to whoop their asses -- don't want to read about the injuries and how the outcome likely would have been different. I've had a kool aid feeling all week and think we're going to come with it (this week at least).

Fred's Slacks
09-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Whats frustrating about this for me is that their guys have a torn knee ligament and a separated shoulder and they're going to play. Our guys have tendinitis and a pulled hammy and they're basically out.

mmmdk
09-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Whats frustrating about this for me is that their guys have a torn knee ligament and a separated shoulder and they're going to play. Our guys have tendinitis and a pulled hammy and they're basically out.

I was thinking the same thing...I think Giants are playing mind games with the Pack.

PackerTimer
09-15-2007, 02:59 PM
I agree. It is either BS that they are playing or the extent of the injuries was not as serious as the Giants let on.