PDA

View Full Version : Reinstatements

Him8123
09-15-2007, 10:49 AM
Hey guys, I don`t want to steal from someone elses, post. The member didn`t post a name so I can`t cite the source. I was reading on the Green Bay Gazette page about the Giants/Packers Predictions. At the bottom a member posted a message about K-Rob trying to get reinstated and how it could help out our SP`s. But then he mentioned Ricky Williams was also trying to get reinstated. This intrigued me... I too also wonder about this one. If our running game doesn`t get off the ground That might be an interesting possiblity. I know he can`t be for the lack of better word "trusted" but for one year to get him and help us out, and he probably could, because it`s not like he has sat around. He has been playing football this past year up in the CFL. But to get him to help us out til we can bring in another vet maybe next year might be an interesting possiblity. Your thoughts????

4and12to12and4
09-15-2007, 10:51 AM
If Ricky Williams is healthy, and can be reinstated, I would LOVE to have him on the Packers. Maybe Favre can get him on Vicodin, and he'll give up the reefer! 8-)

falco
09-15-2007, 10:58 AM
do the dolphins have any claim to williams rights yet?

Bretsky
09-15-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm a win now guy; for me to rage on da Snapper for screwing up the Moss deal and then rant against Ricky would be a bit inconsistent. But I'm not sure how much he'd help us right now.

I think KROB has over a 50% chance to get reinstated.

I think Ricky's chances for reinstatement this year are next to nothing

falco
09-15-2007, 11:11 AM
I'm a win now guy; for me to rage on da Snapper for screwing up the Moss deal and then rant against Ricky would be a bit inconsistent. But I'm not sure how much he'd help us right now.

I think KROB has over a 50% chance to get reinstated.

I think Ricky's chances for reinstatement this year are next to nothing

Bretsky, Moss showed last week that he can still be a top tier wide receivers. From what I recall Williams played horribly up in Canada and didn't stand out at all. That should provide your consistency for ranting against Williams.

LL2
09-15-2007, 11:14 AM
No to Williams, yes to KROB. We need all the help we can get at receiver.

Patler
09-15-2007, 12:00 PM
One article indicated Miami still retains Williams' rights, just like the Packers do for Robinson. IF either is reinstated, the teams likely will have a few weeks to decide what to do with them.

I think Robinson's chances at reinstatement are much better than Williams. I don't think Robinson has done or said anything controversial while he was suspended. Williams has, if I recall correctly.

MJZiggy
09-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Doesn't Williams also owe the Dolphins a whole lotta cash? I know when he retired it was something like $8 million. How much of that has been paid back?

Freak Out
09-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Williams will probably never play in Miami again but we could get his rights for a song (????) At least one would think so. I would love to have him in GB but doubt he would fit the "system" here. What did he ever do other than smoke some reefer to get suspended?

woodbuck27
09-15-2007, 01:27 PM
I want K-Rob back ASAP.

Ricky Williams a mere thought. He 'only flashed' here in Canada last season with the Toronto Argonauts.

There are two RB"s in Canada at least that I have wished that the Packers would be interested in.

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats Jesse Lumsden (at present hampered with a shoulder injury) but a real terror when playing. This young man can really run and do so with power.

Link to the Tiger-Cats Site:

http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?module=roster&func=display&ros_id=935

The second fella is one son of a runner in the name of Jarrett Payton and the son of Walter Payton. He is playing simply outstanding to great with the Montreal Alouettes.

http://en.montrealalouettes.com/index.php?module=roster&func=display&ros_id=1072

Both of these young running backs have excellent attitudes and athletic skills to fit the Packer coaching philosophy.

Anyone on this forum???

Who is the member of the Packer Scouting Dept. responsible for looking at possible talent prospects in the CFL?

RashanGary
09-15-2007, 01:28 PM
K Rob = :D :bs:

woodbuck27
09-15-2007, 01:42 PM
A question:

Anyone on this forum?

Who is the member of the Packer Scouting Dept. responsible for looking at possible talent prospects in the CFL?

CaliforniaCheez
09-15-2007, 02:53 PM
K-Rob trying to get reinstated and how it could help out our SP`s.

What are you designating "SP's"?

Doesn't Williams also owe the Dolphins a whole lotta cash? I know when he retired it was something like $8 million. How much of that has been paid back?

Yes, and the Dolphins have not taken the cap hit for much of it. The cap hit has been suspended. At some point the Dolfelons will have to resolve that issue. Cutting or trading his contract would cause the cap hit and lose their rights to signing bonus recovery.

Even if this not so tough commisioner let's him weasel back into the league and he can play after November 1:

What good will Rusty Robinson provide? #4 or 5 receiver?

Who do you cut? Tramon Williams, Muir, Palmer?

Perhaps some of you really want to see a guy get injured so Robinson might be granted a roster spot?

In 4 games with the Packers last year he made 7 catches. Those are not Bubba and Donald Lee type numbers but more like Ruvell Martin production.

How many guys that hold out wind up injured?? The time not being into football contact shape makes him an injury risk.

Just what are you expecting from Rusty Robinson??

BallHawk
09-15-2007, 04:01 PM
The second fella is one son of a runner in the name of Jarrett Payton and the son of Walter Payton. He is playing simply outstanding to great with the Montreal Alouettes.

He's just worth signing for the outside shot that he becomes decent and on gameday, against the Bears, Walter Payton's son is playing for the Pack. 8-)

KYPack
09-15-2007, 04:49 PM
A question:

Anyone on this forum?

It's Ron Wolf's boy Eliot....

Eliot Wolf
Pro Personnel Assistant

Eliot Wolf in 2007 begins his fourth season as a pro personnel assistant, working primarily at Lambeau Field under Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson. He originally joined the Packers Feb. 26, 2004.

Wolf's primary duties involve scouting teams in the NFL, NFL Europa, Canadian Football League and Arena Football League. He also is involved with in-season advance scouting of upcoming Packers opponents.

Signing CFL guys is a little more complicated, They must be total FA's, there's a "no-raid" policy in effect.

We do do it, Henry Burris is the last CFL guy I can remember us signing.

MJZiggy
09-15-2007, 05:01 PM
I thought Jon Ryan was the last one...

woodbuck27
09-15-2007, 06:00 PM
A question:

Anyone on this forum?

Eliot Wolf
Pro Personnel Assistant

Eliot Wolf in 2007 begins his fourth season as a pro personnel assistant, working primarily at Lambeau Field under Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson. He originally joined the Packers Feb. 26, 2004.

Wolf's primary duties involve scouting teams in the NFL, NFL Europa, Canadian Football League and Arena Football League. He also is involved with in-season advance scouting of upcoming Packers opponents.

Signing CFL guys is a little more complicated, They must be total FA's, there's a "no-raid" policy in effect.

Thanks KY.

Henry Burris is playing outstanding as the starting QB for the Calgary Stampeders.

By the way. Our 4th round pick fr. 2006, Cory Rodgers seems to have found a good spot with the BC (British Columbia) Lions. He is playing as a WR and handling kicks and /or punts.

I'm serious about Jesse Lumsden and Jarrett Payton.

Both of these young men have excellent attitude and skills as RB's. Jarrett Payton came on like gangbusters in Montreal and stole the strarting job fr. arguably the best RB last season in the CFL. Robert Edwards of the Montreal Alouettes.

Both are very solid.

Bretsky
09-15-2007, 07:48 PM
A question:

Anyone on this forum?

Eliot Wolf
Pro Personnel Assistant

Thanks KY.

Henry Burris is playing outstanding as the starting QB for the Calgary Stampeders.

By the way. Our 4th round pick fr. 2006, Cory Rodgers seems to have found a good spot with the BC (British Columbia) Lions. He is playing as a WR and handling kicks and /or punts.

I'm serious about Jesse Lumsden and Jarrett Payton.

Both of these young men have excellent attitude and skills as RB's. Jarrett Payton came on like gangbusters in Montreal and stole the strarting job fr. arguably the best RB last season in the CFL. Robert Edwards of the Montreal Alouettes.

Both are very solid.

Jarrett Payton was with the Titans for a couple years but didn't cut it with them so he was released. I'm up for trying anything on offense though

KYPack
09-15-2007, 10:20 PM
I thought Jon Ryan was the last one...

Yeah Zig.

Yer right, it's Ryan.

The Pack does a good job of scouting the CFL. I'd like to see us get our share of NFL street FA's. We should have had about 4-6 RB & TE NFL FA's in this off-season. But it's against our GM's religion. He doesn't want to take reps from our 17 7th round picks.