PDA

View Full Version : Holiday on IR! What! Francies called up.

gbpackfan
09-15-2007, 05:28 PM
Packers place Holiday on IR, sign Francies

Press-Gazette

The Green Bay Packers signed wide receiver Chris Francies from their practice squad and placed Carlyle Holiday on injured reserve today, general manager Ted Thompson announced.

Francies played in seven games with the Packers in 2006. The second-year pro from Texas-El Paso caught two passes for 16 yards last season

gbpackfan
09-15-2007, 05:31 PM
I thought Holiday only had a little swelling in his knee? I guess not.

How anyone can defend TT at this point is beyond me. Chris Francies is the weapon he gives Favre now!!!!! Come on! Francies has already proven he isn't NFL material. This is a f-ing joke! Holiday is no Marvin Harrison but he was certainly better then Francies. I am so sick of watching a pathetic offense with 1 proven WR, a slow TE and a so-so RB. Great job TT!

And now we have no #3 QB. Is it just me, or is this team put together all willy nilly.

the_idle_threat
09-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Damn that sucks. I thought Holiday had a chance to do some good things this year.

vince
09-15-2007, 05:32 PM
That sucks. Major setback for a guy who could have grown into a multi-faceted threat later in the year... I was looking forward to a reverse bomb or a screen bomb during a big game this year.

b bulldog
09-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Making room for KRob

RashanGary
09-15-2007, 05:38 PM
It makes giving up Shawn Bodiford that much more painfull. I really liked Bodiford. He would be getting healthy right about now. I think the Redskins picked him up even though he is injured.

I like Driver, Jennings, Jones and Martin. Francies isn't a very good #5. Maybe Koren Robinson comes back. . . It's not tragic yet. If one of the top 4 goes down long term, it could get scary though.

b bulldog
09-15-2007, 05:42 PM
This does make room for Koren if he sticks on the team. I know he won't be able to be reinstated for a while but this injury will make this an easier move to make.

gbpackfan
09-15-2007, 05:44 PM
It makes giving up Shawn Bodiford that much more painfull. I really liked Bodiford. He would be getting healthy right about now. I think the Redskins picked him up even though he is injured.

I like Driver, Jennings, Jones and Martin. Francies isn't a very good #5. Maybe Koren Robinson comes back. . . It's not tragic yet. If one of the top 4 goes down long term, it could get scary though.

What do you mean IF? Jennings hasn't seen the field yet. Don't kid yourself, we are in deep shit on O.

gbpackfan
09-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Making room for KRob

A little premature dont you think? K Rob can be reinstated on Oct. 17 and will have about a week to get back on the roster. So he MIGHT be able to contribute on 10/29 in Denver. This move has nothing to do with K Rob.

Brandon494
09-15-2007, 05:46 PM

How anyone can defend TT at this point is beyond me. Chris Francies is the weapon he gives Favre now!!!!! Come on! Francies has already proven he isn't NFL material. This is a f-ing joke! Holiday is no Marvin Harrison but he was certainly better then Francies. I am so sick of watching a pathetic offense with 1 proven WR, a slow TE and a so-so RB. Great job TT!

And now we have no #3 QB. Is it just me, or is this team put together all willy nilly.

Dude your so annoying, you are bitching hardcore about us losing our #5 WR. Believe it or not Francies is not that bad and also gives us another option at KR. BTW we have Favre and ARod at QB, who really cares if we dont have a #3 QB.

the_idle_threat
09-15-2007, 05:51 PM
Damn you TT!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a342/T_A_Z/face_angry.jpg

Damn you for injuring Holday's knee!

You should have signed guys like Darrell Jackson and Randy Moss who have NEVER been injured and in fact are immune from injury!

Damn you, TT!

gbpackfan
09-15-2007, 05:52 PM

Dude your so annoying, you are bitching hardcore about us losing our #5 WR. Believe it or not Francies is not that bad and also gives us another option at KR. BTW we have Favre and ARod at QB, who really cares if we dont have a #3 QB.

Dude? Okay.

If I'm so annoying, don't respond asshole.

Believe it or not, Francies sucks.

Our offense is HORRIBLE. Take off the green and gold glasses buddy. The running game isn't going to magically appear on Sunday. Brett has ONE proven WR to throw to. The O line looked like swiss cheese last week. The RB situation is pathetic. That, my friend, is what I find annoying.

gbpackfan
09-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Damn you TT!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a342/T_A_Z/face_angry.jpg

Damn you for injuring Holday's knee!

You should have signed guys like Darrell Jackson and Randy Moss who have NEVER been injured and in fact are immune from injury!

Damn you, TT!

HA HA HA. You're right, not getting Moss was the right thing to do. He had a pretty bad game last week. :roll:

the_idle_threat
09-15-2007, 05:55 PM
I didn't notice, because I didn't see him on the field playing for the Packers.

***Clue phone: "Ring Ring!"***

gbpackfan
09-15-2007, 05:58 PM

Ah, I see. So just stick your head in the sand and pretend that TT didn't F up. If that makes you feel better, who am I to argue.

falco
09-15-2007, 06:00 PM
i think TT has more answering to do for the fact our offensive line has sucked ass for the last 3 years.

BallHawk
09-15-2007, 06:10 PM
HA HA HA. You're right, not getting Moss was the right thing to do. He had a pretty bad game last week. :roll:

1. He's playing on the Patriots against the Jets' defense. He has Tom Brady as his QB. He' playing on a Super Bowl caliber team. You're just going to assume he'd put up the same stats with the Pack, right?

2. It's been one game, there's 15 games left. Let's see what happens in those.

Also, I can't think of many fans that will complain about their GM when they lose their #5 WR/ #3 QB. Hell, even Detroit fans wouldn't do that.

woodbuck27
09-15-2007, 06:16 PM

Ah, I see. So just stick your head in the sand and pretend that TT didn't F up. If that makes you feel better, who am I to argue.

My sympathies gbpackfan but. . .

This forum is heavy on the don't critique Ted Thompson any more during the season or the stones come out,Haha, :)

It has to be a wait and see here (much patience), because that is the position of those who imagine they are more informed, tolerant or otherwise Packer fans than those of us that see reality.

It's not easy.

For the good of this Packer forum it's best to just wait till some of the rest here get undressed and feel the slap up the side of their heads. Unfortunately the awakening may well come at a heavy price that includes a lot more than just too many Packer loss's in 2007.

We see it and maybe if your like me even fear it and in the face of helplessness we must endure our frustrations.

Hang in there and don't allow any poster here to exercise his/her will against you in manners not polite or that exude ignorance.

The TRUTH is close. The solution may be far away. :)

Lurker64
09-15-2007, 06:16 PM
I agree that Ted Thompson needs to stop injuring our players... I mean, what?

gbpackfan
09-15-2007, 06:17 PM
BallHawk,

Losing Holiday isnt the ONLY reason I am complaining about TT. The offense sucks. You know it does. There are many, many problems with the offense. This is just ONE of many.

And yes, it was only ONE game. But can you really say, honestly, that you wouldnt be more confident in our O if we had Moss? And I am not trying to beat a dead horse (I know it seems like I am) but it is frustrating to finally have a D only to see that your GM has failed to give our hall of fame QB the weapons he needs.

Hopefully, I will have to eat my words after tomorrow's game. I would love nothing more. That being said, I doubt I'll have to.

gbpackfan
09-15-2007, 06:18 PM

My sympathies gbpackfan but. . .

This forum is heavy on the don't critique Ted Thompson any more during the season or the stones come out,Haha, :)

It has to be a wait and see here (much patience), because that is the position of those who imagine they are more informed, tolerant or otherwise Packer fans than those of us that see reality.

It's not easy.

For the good of this Packer forum it's best to just wait till some of the rest here get undressed and feel the slap up the side of their heads. Unfortunately the awakening may well come at a heavy price that includes a lot more than just too many Packer loss's in 2007.

We see it and maybe if your like me even fear it and in the face of helplessness we must endure our frustrations.

Hang in there and don't allow any poster here to exercise his/her will against you in manners not polite or that exude ignorance.

The TRUTH is close. The solution may be far away. :)

I nominate this for POST OF THE YEAR. Well said.

chain_gang
09-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Yeah too bad for Holiday, I liked what I saw from him in the preseason, of course it was the preseason, I know it's only the 5th receiver, but is anyone with me on him being replaced with a deep threat. Someone stretching the field a little. It would help open all the underneath stuff we run. I just keep having flashbacks to last week, with Jones running up the sideline and Favre lofting a deep pass with air under to a James Jones with a step on the defender. I still don't know how because he couldn't run under that ball whereas I have a feeling DD or Jennings could've, but even those two aren't true deep threats. I kind of wish we had one, even if we didn't throw to him. Just something a defense would have to respect. That's why a guy like Clowney might have been justified to be a number 5. I feel we have enough possession receivers. Maybe it's just me.

Lurker64
09-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Really, if Holiday saw the field outside of special teams this year, there was a problem. Same story with Francies, really. We lose a guy who won't play, and replace him with another guy who won't play, ho hum.

BallHawk
09-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Hopefully, I will have to eat my words after tomorrow's game. I would love nothing more. That being said, I doubt I'll have to.

Not only are you going to have to eat it, it's going to be so big of a portion of words you're going to have to take it home in a doggy bag.

8-)

BallHawk
09-15-2007, 06:25 PM
We lose a guy who won't play, and replace him with another guy who won't play, ho hum.

Well said.

gbpackfan
09-15-2007, 06:34 PM

Not only are you going to have to eat it, it's going to be so big of a portion of words you're going to have to take it home in a doggy bag.

8-)

HA HA HA. That was funny! I'll give you that. God I hope you're right!!! :D

Harlan Huckleby
09-15-2007, 06:40 PM

How anyone can defend TT at this point is beyond me.

And if the packers get another injury, then TT really, really screwed up??

This is getting reminiscent of Sherm's final year when they lost all the backs.

Harlan Huckleby
09-15-2007, 06:42 PM
This does make room for Koren if he sticks on the team. I know he won't be able to be reinstated for a while but this injury will make this an easier move to make.

Unfortunately, it also might make in necessary to carry a third QB.

Lurker64
09-15-2007, 06:43 PM
And if the packers get another injury, then TT really, really screwed up??

This is getting reminiscent of Sherm's final year when they lost all the backs.

At the same time we still have our #1, #3, and #4 receivers and our #2 guy is recovering from injury. This was a loss of our #5 WR, if the year we lost all the RBs started at the bottom of the depth chart and worked its weigh up, it would have been easier to recover from. You can replace the guys on the bottom of the depth chart fairly easily. For any NFL team, losing your fifth wide receiver is not a tragedy. It slightly limits the number of sets you can run, but given the OL play and the QB I didn't see the Pack running a lot of 5 WR anyway.

RashanGary
09-15-2007, 06:51 PM
This isn't about Ted Thompson. This is about losing our #5 reciever to injury.

I agree with the Oline sentiment that Falco brought up. I'm beginning to have a real worry about the players or the coaches or both. That has to get better soon because long term worries are starting to develop.

Brandon494
09-15-2007, 06:53 PM

Dude? Okay.

Our offense is HORRIBLE. Take off the green and gold glasses buddy. The running game isn't going to magically appear on Sunday. Brett has ONE proven WR to throw to. The O line looked like swiss cheese last week. The RB situation is pathetic. That, my friend, is what I find annoying.

Maybe you should face the fact that we arent going to be very good on offense this season and our defense is going to carry us. I mean what is the point of bitching about the same crap every single week. It gets so tiring. I would rather have a good defense over a good offense any day of the week. Some of you guys need to realize that Favre plays for the Green Bay Packers, not the other way around.

woodbuck27
09-15-2007, 06:55 PM
It's time for MM to fish bait with little used Ruvell Martin.

Give this man of dedicated hard work a decent shot. Let's hope to see who the real #2 WR is. Ruvell Martin can't prove what he wants to give to his team sitting on the bench.

The opportunity is now.

RashanGary
09-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Speaking of worries, I'm also pretty worried that none of the backs we have are any good. I'd say there is a good chance that none of them are good this year. There is also a chance that none of them will ever be any good.

Wynn intrigues me but seems at least a year away. Jackson looks like a good #2. Grant is a big question mark. We could have some worry now with long term problems on top of that.

I'd say the RB's and the OL are big concerns. The WR's with Jennings and Jones coming up and Driver still having a couple years left don't really worry me. I think the whining is silly, mostly becuase it's probably our deepest position on offense. Sure it's not deep, but it's the least of our worries. If this drives anyone to jump off a cliff, the world didn't lose anything of value.

Him8123
09-15-2007, 07:05 PM
I dont know if I would worry about the OL just yet. They are mostly still young and learning. Have held up pretty good so far, excluding last sunday of course. But one bad game and I`m not ready to send them to the gallows yet. RB yes I`m very worried about. doesn`t look that bright. maybe Grant could be a Gem that needed a chance to shine but hasn`t cause of injuries. never know, never seen him play

Deputy Nutz
09-15-2007, 07:18 PM
What this points out is a lack of depth on this team, but it would point this out on any team that loses their #2 receiver, and their #5 receiver. their is no easy fix at this point unless you can pull off a blockbuster type of trade.

gbpackfan
09-15-2007, 07:23 PM

Dude? Okay.

Maybe you should face the fact that we arent going to be very good on offense this season and our defense is going to carry us. I mean what is the point of bitching about the same crap every single week. It gets so tiring. I would rather have a good defense over a good offense any day of the week. Some of you guys need to realize that Favre plays for the Green Bay Packers, not the other way around.

"Maybe you should face the fact that we arent going to be very good on offense this season..." WOW! And I thought you were against what I was posting. I dont think I could ever type that garbage. Sorry buddy, but I can't just give TT a free pass because he did half his job.

As for Favre, some of you guys need to realize that Favre isnt going to be around forever. TT cant pussy foot around for the next couple of years hoping that the Chris Francies of the world develop over night. You need a mix of young talent and proven vets. A combination that TT doesnt seem to get. I'm not so sure that there is a Steve Young behind our Joe Montana. The time is now. Or was now, however you want to look at it.

HarveyWallbangers
09-15-2007, 07:35 PM
There's nothing that can't be used to cuss Thompson out.

GBRulz
09-15-2007, 07:49 PM
TT didn't do anything when we lost Walker, what makes you think he'd make any drastic moves in replacing a #5 WR?

Bretsky
09-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Packers place Holiday on IR, sign Francies

Press-Gazette

The Green Bay Packers signed wide receiver Chris Francies from their practice squad and placed Carlyle Holiday on injured reserve today, general manager Ted Thompson announced.

Francies played in seven games with the Packers in 2006. The second-year pro from Texas-El Paso caught two passes for 16 yards last season

NFL EUROPE comments here we come

Bretsky
09-15-2007, 07:57 PM

Great Point; I really thought we might keep Boddiford. Solid return guy too.

Bretsky
09-15-2007, 08:03 PM
i think TT has more answering to do for the fact our offensive line has sucked ass for the last 3 years.

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

RashanGary
09-15-2007, 08:05 PM

I knew you liked him. I remember your disappointment when he was let go. I just loved his attitude. He was the definition of a tough, smart football player. He was everythign you want in a #5 WR.

Him8123
09-15-2007, 08:08 PM
bodiford is on a practice squad on someone else`s team right now isnt he? cant we sign him back if we add him to the roster?

Bretsky
09-15-2007, 08:09 PM

I knew you liked him. I remember your disappointment when he was let go. I just loved his attitude. He was the definition of a tough, smart football player. He was everythign you want in a #5 WR.

His special teams play makes him a solid #5 WR and he showed flashes.

I watched the WR's very closely last week at the game. Driver still seems to be the only player with enough route running ability to get open. Jones is raw, but I like him long term. I don't see much in Martin.

It's a good thing we are playing the Giants tomorrow. I still think we'll win by over a TD....23-13 or so

I don't see us beating SD either way.

If we win tomorrow, week 4 at full strength would be a good time for Jennings to return.

Bretsky
09-15-2007, 08:10 PM
bodiford is on a practice squad on someone else`s team right now isnt he? cant we sign him back if we add him to the roster?

I thought he was on the Redskins roster; we can sign a player to our normal roster from a practice squad. That would be a good move if you are right

Him8123
09-15-2007, 08:12 PM
your right bretsky he is on the team roster, well nevermind that one

RashanGary
09-15-2007, 08:13 PM
I just looked. He's on the Redskins 53 man.

woodbuck27
09-15-2007, 08:13 PM

Bodiford definitely demonstrated to me a real committment in this off season and in TC. Cutting him felt wrong inside of me.

How are we looking on punt returns? We'll get a clearer pic there tomorrow on the Nationaly televised game on FOX.

Of all the roster cuts that one raised questions in me.

All the turkey's heads will be above the log. This place could get interesting next week.

Keep your puke bags handy tomorrow. :)

Bretsky
09-15-2007, 08:15 PM

Bodiford defenitely demonstrated to me a real committment in this off season and in TC. Cutting him felt wrong inside of me.

How are we looking on punt returns? We'll get a clearer pic there tomorrow on the nationaly televised game.

All the turkey's heads will be above the log. This place could get interesting next week.

Of all the cuts that one raised questions in me.

Blackmond was doing pretty good with punt returns; my guess is that is part of the reason we cut Boddiford. Still didn't like it though.

Giants are pretty bad Woody; we should win with ease tomorrow

RashanGary
09-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Toomer, Burris, Shockey, Manning and their stable or RB's are pretty good. Their defense is bad, but their offense is pretty good. Manning seems to be a top 5 "pure passer". I'm not going to call him a very good QB yet, but the kid can throw the ball with the best of them. Let's see how his total came rounds out. He still makes 3 or 4 "WTF" throws a game that are keeping him down a notch from the top QB's.

They are not horrible though. They are probably a 7-9, 8-8 team. We're not going to score 10 points iwth ST's this week, I'm pretty sure of that. If our offense doesn't improve, I could see us losing this one. I think we'll win but I'm not as confident as you are, B.

WTF, we switched roles :)

woodbuck27
09-15-2007, 08:33 PM

Bodiford defenitely demonstrated to me a real committment in this off season and in TC. Cutting him felt wrong inside of me.

How are we looking on punt returns? We'll get a clearer pic there tomorrow on the nationaly televised game.

Of all the cuts that one raised questions in me.

Blackmond was doing pretty good with punt returns; my guess is that is part of the reason we cut Boddiford. Still didn't like it though.

Giants are pretty bad Woody; we should win with ease tomorrow

Yes and no B.

I have been playing with this match-up in my head all week B.

I picked us to win this game before the season began; but only 10 first downs last week,no offensive TD's and add to that the state of what I see as an OL in a panic state and finally a duck at RB.

Dear GOD in heaven how did it get this bad? :)

This game has me asking myself. If I had to risk my life to bet Packers would I go there? I really hate to be wrong predicting a match-up against the Packers whether they win or lose. Yet to see us win and history made in that for Brett Favre has me wanting to risk all on us winning inspite of the state we are in.

All meaning some confidence that that game is ours.

Screw the bet and I'll bet a tad on the Packers as otherwise I'll be haunted all week especiall if we do go into New York in smackdown mode.

Favre usually can rebound fr. a poor outing and he had little chance last week after so much in the off season that prepared him to do really well.

I request a new deck.

Thanks B. :)

GP PACKERS !

RashanGary
09-15-2007, 08:38 PM
I like a spirited bet as much as the next GA member but doesn't betting your life on the Packers sort of take it to another level, Woodbuck.

Bretsky
09-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Toomer, Burris, Shockey, Manning and their stable or RB's are pretty good. Their defense is bad, but their offense is pretty good. Manning seems to be a top 5 "pure passer". I'm not going to call him a very good QB yet, but the kid can throw the ball with the best of them. Let's see how his total came rounds out. He still makes 3 or 4 "WTF" throws a game that are keeping him down a notch from the top QB's.

They are not horrible though. They are probably a 7-9, 8-8 team. We're not going to score 10 points iwth ST's this week, I'm pretty sure of that. If our offense doesn't improve, I could see us losing this one. I think we'll win but I'm not as confident as you are, B.

WTF, we switched roles :)

JH,

Our team needs to win with a top 5-10 defense. Eli Manning is not mobile.
We should be able to terrorize him. Harris and Woodsen should be able to match up with Plaxico and Toomer, and Collins with Shockey.

But a terrorizing pressure defense on Manning should be successful. And one strong hit on that shoulder...well....let's just say players will take a hard shot at that.

The Giants defense is terrible; if our offense doesn't look at least respectable we're in deep trouble. I see the defense pressuring Manning and the offense scoring two TD's and a few field goals.

That should do it with our defense.

Shit, we have switched roles a bit :?:

But for me it's mainly because I think the Giants are pretty bad and see them as a six win team with that defense.

woodbuck27
09-15-2007, 08:58 PM
I like a spirited bet as much as the next GA member but doesn't betting your life on the Packers sort of take it to another level, Woodbuck.

Betting on the Packers tomorrow has little to do with any confidence I have in then just now JH.

It's really a bet of the heart.

Patler
09-15-2007, 09:00 PM
If you want to be upset about the offense, fine. But why bring it up with venom over the 5th wide receiver? The #5 WR on 'most every team is "just a guy," for the most part. They play only if someone is injured, and often are game day inactives. It about as non-impact as any position on the team, other than the 3rd QB.

Some teams don't even keep 5 WRs.

OKC PackerFan
09-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Settle down folks, we still have 2 TE's. We'll just have to count on Bubba and Lee a little bit more. I just put Bubba in my starting line up in my FFT, I have a gut feeling that he's going to snag a few balls + a TD against the G-men. 8-)

Bretsky
09-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Settle down folks, we still have 2 TE's. We'll just have to count on Bubba and Lee a little bit more. I just put Bubba in my starting line up in my FFT, I have a gut feeling that he's going to snag a few balls + a TD against the G-men. 8-)

James Jones and Driver will have to step up; I haven't wanted to count on our TE's for over a year now and I can't start tomorrow. We're just poor there

retailguy
09-15-2007, 09:53 PM

There is nothing that can't be used to praise him either.

BallHawk
09-15-2007, 09:55 PM

His love life.

Even the speech writers in Washington couldn't put a positive spin on that one.

MJZiggy
09-15-2007, 09:58 PM

His love life.

Even the speech writers in Washington couldn't put a positive spin on that one.

He makes a compelling argument. Poor TT...

BallHawk
09-15-2007, 10:07 PM
He makes a compelling argument. Poor TT...

If you feel so sorry for him maybe you should do something about it.....Walk the walk, ya know? You get my drift, Zig?

Of course, it depends how your husband feels about it.

If he's a true Packer fan, he'd give the thumbs up.

It's up to you, though.....

RashanGary
09-15-2007, 10:13 PM
JH,

We should be able to terrorize him. Harris and Woodsen should be able to match up with Plaxico and Toomer, and Collins with Shockey.

I like the way you broke that down. It looks like we match up well on their position players. I like Collins on Shockey too.

Hmm, maybe this is in the bank :)

Patler
09-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Bodiford definitely demonstrated to me a real committment in this off season and in TC. Cutting him felt wrong inside of me.

Wasn't Bodiford injured when we waived him?
He had little value if he didn't win the return job.

Brohm
09-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Sucks to lose Holliday, I liked what he brought to the table (big target, ST play). He still was the #5 receiver and injuries happen. Couple things though:

1. Hope Jennings can get/stay healthy.

2. Clowney must be super raw if they bringing Francies up.

3. As someone else already said, if the recieving corps can hold down the fort till they bye week, we should be getting Koren back.

Patler
09-15-2007, 11:27 PM

I was going to start a thread about this. Will he ever get or stay healthy? The guy made it through what, six games last year? He's been hurt ever since.

I'm beginning to have my doubts.

mraynrand
09-15-2007, 11:29 PM
2. Clowney must be super raw if they bringing Francies up.

Yes, he makes bad decisions all over the place on teams and runs poor routes. All that could improve with seasoning, but you can't have a guy go out there and invent routes in a game.

the_idle_threat
09-15-2007, 11:31 PM

So Woody, you're not imagining you're more informed?

Obviously (in your mind) you see reality where many of us don't. But in actual reality, you're just projecting your opinion. None of us can see the future.

You want to draw concrete opinions now, when only one game has been played.

You've watched a lot of football over the years. Have you ever seen the reality of teams (and players) picking up steam and improving as the year goes on? Have the Packers not done that a lot in the past decade or two?

I'm not saying that will happen, and unlike you, I'm not saying it won't happen. I'm not claiming to have special knowledge, and it's ironic that you would accuse me of that given your position.

The fact is, the future in the NFL is not certain. We will have to wait and see. The saying goes: "That's why they play the games."

Acknowledging this reality has nothing to do with being more informed, more tolerant or a better Packer fan. And it really has nothing to do with defending TT.

Speaking for myself, I'm a wait and see guy, not a blind TT supporter. If things continue to look bad on offense like they did in week 1, and just as importantly, if we can't win games because of it, then I may join you in questioning TT's decisions.

Of course, if the defense and special teams continue to shine, and they win games for us despite a lackluster offense, then I might have to give TT some credit. Would you be willing to do the same?

The proof will be in the pudding, and right now most of the pudding is still in the can.

Mmmmm ... pudding.

mraynrand
09-15-2007, 11:33 PM
JH,

I like the way you broke that down. It looks like we match up well on their position players. I like Collins on Shockey too.

Hmm, maybe this is in the bank :)

Plexico and Toomer are route/possesion/size guys. Harris and Woodson do very well against this skill set. They have trouble with speed/quickness. Shockey just isn't as good as the NY billing plays him up to be. THe NYG receivers are manageable. A fair amount of D-line pressure should give their offense headaches. At this point, I lik GB's D a lot more than Dallas'

Lurker64
09-15-2007, 11:52 PM

Obviously (in your mind) you see reality where many of us don't. But in actual reality, you're just projecting your opinion. None of us can see the future.

You've watched a lot of football over the years. Have you ever seen the reality of teams (and players) picking up steam and improving as the year goes on? Have the Packers not done that a lot in the past decade or two?

I'm not saying that will happen, and unlike you, I'm not saying it won't happen. I'm not claiming to have special knowledge, and it's ironic that you would accuse me of that given your position.

The fact is, the future in the NFL is not certain. We will have to wait and see. The saying goes: "That's why they play the games."

Acknowledging this reality has nothing to do with being more informed, more tolerant or a better Packer fan. And it really has nothing to do with defending TT.

Speaking for myself, I'm a wait and see guy, not a blind TT supporter. If things continue to look bad on offense like they did in week 1, and just as importantly, if we can't win games because of it, then I may join you in questioning TT's decisions.

Of course, if the defense and special teams continue to shine, and they win games for us despite a lackluster offense, then I might have to give TT some credit. Would you be willing to do the same?

The proof will be in the pudding, and right now most of the pudding is still in the can.

Mmmmm ... pudding.

Amen, and well said.

Badgepack
09-16-2007, 01:03 AM
Let's give Woodson a few select plays on offense, what the hell.

mmmdk
09-16-2007, 03:04 AM
I was sad when NFL Europe folded...not anymore! I get Chris Francies and the worst RB corp in football - every sunday! Thanx TT!! :wink:

Well, it can't be that bad!? All I know though is that I'm gonna "wish upon a star", every week, for ANYONE on offense to break out.

Packnut
09-16-2007, 07:58 AM

I was going to start a thread about this. Will he ever get or stay healthy? The guy made it through what, six games last year? He's been hurt ever since.

Welcome to the "I have doubts Jennings can stay healthy" club.

GBRulz
09-16-2007, 08:56 AM

IMO, the #2 job belongs to JJ. If Jennings wants it back, he needs to fight for it.

Bretsky
09-16-2007, 09:09 AM

IMO, the #2 job belongs to JJ. If Jennings wants it back, he needs to fight for it.

From what I witnessed last week, JJ cant' get open against a #2 CB in the NFL. With the exception of the deep pattern he was blanketed all day

PackerTimer
09-16-2007, 09:12 AM

Mmmmm ... pudding.

This is the most logical post that I have seen on this board in about a month.

GBRulz
09-16-2007, 09:18 AM
From what I witnessed last week, JJ cant' get open against a #2 CB in the NFL. With the exception of the deep pattern he was blanketed all day

I was looking at it more like as a reason for Jennings to step it up a bit and play through some pain. What good is a guy to us who can't stay healthy?

Anyhow, I think JJ is going to get better each week and if he can turn a few heads, it might take some pressure off DD.

BallHawk
09-16-2007, 09:22 AM
[quote=Bretsky]I was looking at it more like as a reason for Jennings to step it up a bit and play through some pain. What good is a guy to us who can't stay healthy?

Jennings injury history has become a concern, but with his current issue, I don't think pain is an issue. From what it sounds like, he could play today if it was just down to if he could play through the pain. The problem is that if he plays you're risking him aggravating it and that could hang over him for the rest of the season.

Lurker64
09-16-2007, 10:10 AM

At the same time, the Eagles have really good cornerbacks and the same could be said about all of our receivers, including Driver.

Fritz
09-16-2007, 10:22 AM
I don't want to join the Jennings-is-injury-prone club...but I didn't want to join the Fergy's-never-gonna-make-it club, either.

Please, Jennings, come back next week, play, and stay healthy. Please.

Bretsky
09-16-2007, 11:16 AM

At the same time, the Eagles have really good cornerbacks and the same could be said about all of our receivers, including Driver.

Driver was getting doubled or had a safety rolling over in coverage on him for most of the day so that is not a fair comparison at all. They were letting one guy run with the rest of our WR's

Scott Campbell
09-16-2007, 11:33 AM

Mmmmm ... pudding.

LOL - I can't wait to see his response to this one. Great post.

MJZiggy
09-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Did Francies play today? Was he even suited up?

Brandon494
09-16-2007, 04:46 PM

Not a bad win for a willy nilly team