PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers @ Giants Game Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Partial
09-16-2007, 03:26 PM
Another outstanding win. Plenty of ugliness that needs improvement, but consider the following equation:

3 passing touchdowns + 2 rushing touchdowns - 3 starters on offense = something to feel good about on offense.

What starters were out other than Jennings?

]{ilr]3
09-16-2007, 03:28 PM
ND72 Wrote:and yet, other than 2 carries, Wynn has 9 carries for 8 yards...good thing he's BLOWING past the line of scrimmage...good point.

I don't care how good a guy looks in paractice or how his technique 'looks' I want RESULTS look at Favre's technical deficiencies

ok, I lived in Minnesota for 5 years, so I know people struggle to understand anything, but OTHER THAN 2 CARRIES WHICH WENT FOR TD'S, WYNN HAS 9 CARRIES FOR 8 YARDS...let me repeat...9 CARRIES, 8 YARDS.

Fuck you, understand that? Do I insult you?

Where exactly do you think you are posting? A Vikings sympathy forum? This is a Packer Forum, we are division rivals. I live in NW Iowa and I get my fill of Viking fan douchebags every year. My point being, your going to see Bears trash talking as well as Viking trash talk.

I am not saying your an idiot, or a trash talker. Your probaly the only decent Viking fan that I know.

b bulldog
09-16-2007, 03:28 PM
jennings,Spitz and Morency.

gbgary
09-16-2007, 03:29 PM
MORENCY

woodbuck27
09-16-2007, 03:31 PM
There's a lot in this:

Receiving REC YDS TD LG

J. Jones 4 75 0 46
D. Driver 8 73 1 19
D. Lee 4 35 1 14

B. Jackson 4 24 0 15

R. Grant 1 21 0 21
B. Franks 4 20 1 8
K. Hall 2 20 0 10
D. Wynn 2 18 0 10

Favre had time to spread the ball around in the second half.

Really fine games by Jones, Driver (again) and props to Lee, Bubba, Hall, Grant and Wynn (in the first half with good receptions as well as his running in the second half).

b bulldog
09-16-2007, 03:32 PM
tHE gMEN HAD MANY MENTAL ERRORS. those errors took away some points. Our punting game was lackluster also.

Brandon494
09-16-2007, 03:34 PM
brett played outstanding today. Wynn should be the starter and B Jack can be the third down back.

I do agree Wynn is looking good but I believe B Jack should still remain the starter.

b bulldog
09-16-2007, 03:39 PM
Why?

MadtownPacker
09-16-2007, 03:40 PM
Why?SO he (Wynn) can stay hungry? :P

woodbuck27
09-16-2007, 03:41 PM
tHE gMEN HAD MANY MENTAL ERRORS. those errors took away some points. Our punting game was lackluster also.

Baloney on that punting game comment.

b bulldog
09-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Mad I see your point but Wynn looks much more impressive. Start Jackson than give Wynn 75%of the snaps. :)

Harlan Huckleby
09-16-2007, 03:43 PM
Our punting game was lackluster also.

:D It's hard to imagine a punting game with luster.

Guiness
09-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Just checking in - busy and couldn't catch the game today. A quick look at the box score tells me strange things were afoot today in the running game...

At first it looks like Wynn had an excellent game, but then you see he had a 38yd rush. So...9 rushes for 12 yds? And Jackson averaging 2yds/carry. Can someone sum up the run game for me?

38 pass attempts. Don't like that.

Did Jennings suit up?

b bulldog
09-16-2007, 03:46 PM
36 yard average for the punting game, not very good.

Green Bud Packer
09-16-2007, 03:47 PM
38 pass attempts. Don't like that.

35-13. Do you like that?

b bulldog
09-16-2007, 03:49 PM
MM will probably throw more than run even if the running game starts to get life.

Joemailman
09-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Nice win. Really enjoyed how the D didnt give up the garbage score at the end of the game. Congrats to #4 on the wins record. It was also nice to see the RB by committee work for today.

Really nice second half of this game Mad.

MM must have laid it on the OL. :)Something changed cuz they started making some space and Wynn took advantage. Jackson played decent and got some tough yards but he also left some on the field. I would like to see some more of Wynn and Grant next game. Gonna need to keep the ball away from LT.

Congrats, Mad, on another winning Game Day thread. :wow: I'm going to the San Diego game next week, and am on a 5 game losing streak as far as recent Packer games I have attended. Not to apply any pressure or anything, but I'm counting on you... :pack: :cow: :pack:

Bretsky
09-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Nice win. Really enjoyed how the D didnt give up the garbage score at the end of the game. Congrats to #4 on the wins record. It was also nice to see the RB by committee work for today.

Really nice second half of this game Mad.

MM must have laid it on the OL. :)Something changed cuz they started making some space and Wynn took advantage. Jackson played decent and got some tough yards but he also left some on the field. I would like to see some more of Wynn and Grant next game. Gonna need to keep the ball away from LT.

Congrats, Mad, on another winning Game Day thread. :wow: I'm going to the San Diego game next week, and am on a 5 game losing streak as far as recent Packer games I have attended. Not to apply any pressure or anything, but I'm counting on you... :pack: :cow: :pack:

SO IF THEY LOSE IT IS YOUR FAULT :wink:

Rastak
09-16-2007, 04:14 PM
ND72 Wrote:and yet, other than 2 carries, Wynn has 9 carries for 8 yards...good thing he's BLOWING past the line of scrimmage...good point.

I don't care how good a guy looks in paractice or how his technique 'looks' I want RESULTS look at Favre's technical deficiencies

ok, I lived in Minnesota for 5 years, so I know people struggle to understand anything, but OTHER THAN 2 CARRIES WHICH WENT FOR TD'S, WYNN HAS 9 CARRIES FOR 8 YARDS...let me repeat...9 CARRIES, 8 YARDS.

Sorry ND, but that was insulting. Uncalled for response on my part.

mmmdk
09-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Where to post this...O'Sullivan looks good for Detroit (former Packer and Viking).

Guiness
09-16-2007, 04:20 PM

Sorry ND, but that was insulting. Uncalled for response on my part.[/quote]

Nah, a little spirit from the mild one is ok.

Mmmmm, purple - Homer Simpson

OS PA
09-16-2007, 11:15 PM
We just have to weather the first five games of the schedule.Who are you and what did you do to Woody?

The worst we can do now with the hardest part of our schedule is 2-3, damn good in my book.

Badgepack
09-17-2007, 12:01 AM
2-0
Good play in all phases of the game
San Diego looks beatable.
No major injuries today
Favre is in a groove
We have some playmakers
M3 can make halftime adjustments
Jennings should be back
1st place in the North ahead of Queens and Bears
Badgers and Brewers won this weekend, life is good

Guiness
09-17-2007, 09:11 AM
The worst we can do now with the hardest part of our schedule is 2-3, damn good in my book.

I think anyone would be happy with a 2-3 or 3-2 start to the season.

RashanGary
09-17-2007, 09:27 AM
I wouldn't mind 4-2 at the bye week, losing to San Diego and Chicago.

I'd be extatic with 5-1 and I think it is reach if these guys keep pressing forward with wins instead of getting content. McCarthy and Favre both talked about working harder and getting better after the game. This team seems very focused.

We have a cupcake last part of the schedule with St. Louis, Detroit, Detroit, Minnesota, KC, Oakland

This team could easily go 10-6. If we find a way to beat the Bears twice, we could have the division.

MJZiggy
09-17-2007, 09:29 AM
I'm not so sure the last part of the schedule is so cupcake. Detroit hasn't been playing quite like Detroit, and you never know what can happen with some of these teams...

Freak Out
09-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Cupcake? Nothing is easy in the NFL.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-17-2007, 11:30 AM
I like Wynn more than Jackson. Wynn can do the same things Jackson can do in the open field, but is a lot harder to bring down.