PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers @ Giants Game Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

MadtownPacker
09-16-2007, 01:45 AM
1-0, haven't said that for a while. I can't remember saying the last time it was 2-0 but Im sure it was in the 2000s. I feel that this is a must win game for several reasons. The giants are beat down and ripe for the picking. Regardless of who is the QB the DL should churn out some sacks after several near misses last week against a mobile mcnabb. Then there is the giants defense, possibly just what the doctor ordered for a lost and jumbled Packers offense. Beating a high powered chargers team next week aint gonna be no joke so if the Pack wants to have playoff aspirations they better win the games they are suppose to win.

This is one of them.

footballfever
09-16-2007, 02:03 AM
2001 was the last time we started 2-0, we started 3-0 that year. And this Giants game might be a little tougher than we are all hopin, a guy at work is a Giants fan and he says their defense is gettin healthy and they should be better than they were last week. I guess its easy to set the bar on bein better than last week when you were the worst team defensively in the league, but I hope we don't fall asleep on this game. We are banged up offensively and our O line realllllllllly needs to step up. Brandon Jackson is the gamebreaker on this team, we'll see it this week I think. He's decisive and makes the right cuts, there just hasn't been anything there. Don't throw in the towel on this kid just yet.

RashanGary
09-16-2007, 06:59 AM
What's up, ff? You coming to moms today? I grew a fu manchu man. You inspired me last week. Michelle wouldn't go anywhere with me :). I'm hoping you still have yours cuz Jackie is coming and it would be funny as hell if we both marched in with 70's mustaches. We'll act like it's normal around here :)

For anyone who doesn't know, ff is my brother :D

And to the point of this game, I think this is as important of a 2nd game win as I remember. Like Mad said, we have SD, CHI, DAL and DEN coming up. We can't afford to drop games like this one. As much as a 2nd game of a season can be a must win, this is a must win.

McCarthy said in his press conference on Thursday that they worked Jennings out Wednesday and they were going to stay off his leg until gameday. They'll get him out, warm him up, and make a decision then.

McCarthy also said he is going back to basics. He said he put too much in last week and he wanted to go back to just excecuting. I'm a big "less is more" guy when it comes to NFL playbooks. You need an identity and a counter when they try to stop your identity. That is enough to keep teams off balance. Too many plays is hard to perfect. That is my opinion anyway. Hopefully the less is more tactic pays off.

Kiwon
09-16-2007, 07:26 AM
Go, Pack, Go.....all the way to 2-0! Hey, that rhymes.

GBRulz
09-16-2007, 08:52 AM

Geez, JH don't embarass the poor kid like that. :lol: j/k

LL2
09-16-2007, 08:59 AM
On they way to two and 0, a game the Pack can't blow...ah heck...I can't ryhme like Kiwon. I thought I'd get a post in because once the game starts it's hard for me to keep up with these game day threads and watch at the same time.

BallHawk
09-16-2007, 09:03 AM

Judging by the post count, is your brother the successful one and you're the disappointment?

:wink:

RashanGary
09-16-2007, 09:09 AM
Judging by the post count, is your brother the successful one and you're the disappointment?

:wink:

Hey, wait a minute. . . .

Ah, what the hell, I'm a loser. Why hide it :)

RashanGary
09-16-2007, 09:10 AM
Geez, JH don't embarass the poor kid like that. :lol: j/k

His reputation just got shot before he even had a chance to earn it :)

Joemailman
09-16-2007, 09:15 AM
At the beginning of the year, I felt there were 8 games on the schedule that looked like toss-ups. Last week was one of them, and this is another. I was a little surprised so many people in the Prediction Thread were picking the Giants to hardly score at all. The Giants have some very good weapons in the passing game. The Packers will need to get consistent pressure on the QB, no matter who it is. The Giants do have problems on the defensive side of the ball. Hopefully the Packers OL improves so Favre can take advantage of those weaknesses. I look for Driver to have a big game today, and for James Jones to assert himself, especially on 3rd down.

gbpackfan
09-16-2007, 09:34 AM
Morning everyone. Just found this little tid bit of info. on rotoworld.com.

FoxSports.com's John Czarnecki believes Jared Lorenzen will ultimately get the Giants start Sunday.

He also says the reports Manning practiced Friday are "erroneous", yet there were multiple confirmations and Manning is officially listed as having practiced in a limited fashion. Manning is a game time decision.

The game before the game continues.

Rastak
09-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Morning everyone. Just found this little tid bit of info. on rotoworld.com.

FoxSports.com's John Czarnecki believes Jared Lorenzen will ultimately get the Giants start Sunday.

He also says the reports Manning practiced Friday are "erroneous", yet there were multiple confirmations and Manning is officially listed as having practiced in a limited fashion. Manning is a game time decision.

The game before the game continues.

ESPN indicates Umenyiora will play today. The Manning question is an interesting one. I think he'll play, or at least start.

SkinBasket
09-16-2007, 09:53 AM
ESPN indicates Umenyiora will play today. The Manning question is an interesting one. I think he'll play, or at least start.

I have the feeling he's not going to start this one. Seems like his dad would give him a woopin' for putting an already injured arm at risk against what is generally considered one of the better DLs in the game right now. And considering what NY has behind him, I wouldn't think the organization would want to chance anything long-term either.

Don't get me wrong though, I'll be excited as hell to see him out there if he does play. I've despised him since he couldn't bring himself to hold up the SD jersey without that "I just ate shit and didn't really like it," look on his face at the draft. I would love to see our DL flatten him.

ND72
09-16-2007, 10:08 AM
Well I'm pumped for the game. I am personally hoping if Eli plays, the Packers severly hurt him. I haven't liked him EVER. He was a 1st round draft pick because of his last name. He wasnt' that good in college, and he's not that good in the pro's. and the fact San Diego is relaly good, makes me enjoy his "don't wanna play there" thing every day. So I'm hoping Jenks & Kampy play Eli sandwich.

BallHawk
09-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Well I'm pumped for the game. I am personally hoping if Eli plays, the Packers severly hurt him. I haven't liked him EVER. He was a 1st round draft pick because of his last name. He wasnt' that good in college, and he's not that good in the pro's. and the fact San Diego is relaly good, makes me enjoy his "don't wanna play there" thing every day. So I'm hoping Jenks & Kampy play Eli sandwich.

Agreed. I don't want Eli severely hurt, like a broken leg or anything, but we better get after that bad shoulder and make it hurt.

Partial
09-16-2007, 10:22 AM
Shut up with the injury crap. I hope we beat them and handedly and dominate the game from the start to the finish. That's all.

BallHawk
09-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Shut up with the injury crap. I hope we beat them and handedly and dominate the game from the start to the finish. That's all.

If a player is hurting, wherever it be on his body, the defense is going to go after that. If Favre had a bad elbow, I guarantee that the Giants would land on his elbow. I expect our defense to go after Eli's shoulder. That's playing smart football.

BallHawk
09-16-2007, 10:24 AM
ESPN is saying that Eli is expecting to start.

MJZiggy
09-16-2007, 10:27 AM
And they say women are indecisive...

gbpackfan
09-16-2007, 10:31 AM
Giants | E. Manning planning to start Week 2
Sun, 16 Sep 2007 08:24:47 -0700

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports New York Giants QB Eli Manning (shoulder) is planning to start the team's Week 2 game.

Scott Campbell
09-16-2007, 10:31 AM

Are you sure?

Fritz
09-16-2007, 10:33 AM
Maybe the giants are a woman...

Bretsky
09-16-2007, 10:50 AM

They are not indecisve; they consistently never know. And that's decisive :lol:

packers11
09-16-2007, 10:59 AM
ahhhhhhhh im so pumped for this game...

lets go... start already!

gbpackfan
09-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Greg Jennings is inactive for Sunday's game against the Giants.

per rotoworld.com

MadtownPacker
09-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Damn!! Looks like D and ST are gonna have to score again this week. :x

Rastak
09-16-2007, 11:14 AM

Who is the number 3 reciever?

Freak Out
09-16-2007, 11:14 AM
The defense has a true test against these guys...if they can keep the scoring down and allow the offense to make a few mistakes we have a chance of winning this thing. It would help if they take Eli out in the first series. :twisted:

Bretsky
09-16-2007, 11:18 AM

Ruvell Martin

Rastak
09-16-2007, 11:19 AM

Ruvell Martin

Oh yea, that's right. He isn't a bad #3. Driver, Jones and Martin isn't that bad at all.

Bretsky
09-16-2007, 11:21 AM

Ruvell Martin

Oh yea, that's right. He isn't a bad #3. Driver, Jones and Martin isn't that bad at all.

Martin is barely a notch ahead of Da Fraud IMO :lol:

Rastak
09-16-2007, 11:22 AM

Ruvell Martin

Martin is barely a notch ahead of Da Fraud IMO :lol:

Fraud might even play this week.

outflow
09-16-2007, 11:23 AM

Ruvell Martin

It's not that great either.

Rastak
09-16-2007, 11:24 AM
I thought you guys liked Martin. Driver was great last year, Jones looks very promising. RB is a big question but GB should be ok at WR. If Driver get's hurt, then I'd be worried if I were a Packer fan.

Scott Campbell
09-16-2007, 11:35 AM
I thought you guys liked Martin.

Relative to Taco Wallace? Yes. Relative to Reggie Wayne? No.

Bretsky
09-16-2007, 11:36 AM
I thought you guys liked Martin. Driver was great last year, Jones looks very promising. RB is a big question but GB should be ok at WR. If Driver get's hurt, then I'd be worried if I were a Packer fan.

Our offense is in trouble if Driver gets hurt; borderline trouble if Jennings gets hurt.

Ballhawk and a couple others love Martin; I'm not buying in yet

gbpackfan
09-16-2007, 11:37 AM
ATTENTION

FOX pregame show to air portion of PATRIOTS SPY TAPE. NEXT!!! The show is in commercial and will come back with a look at the tape.

Joemailman
09-16-2007, 11:38 AM
The receivers are good enough if Favre has time to throw, which he didn't last week. It's the Offensive Line, Stupid. (Not referring to anyone in particular).

gbpackfan
09-16-2007, 11:42 AM
ATTENTION

FOX pregame show to air portion of PATRIOTS SPY TAPE. NEXT!!! The show is in commercial and will come back with a look at the tape.

Wow! Couldn't be more obvious. What a bunch of cheaters. Dirty! Belicheat should have been suspended!

Bretsky
09-16-2007, 11:48 AM
The receivers are good enough if Favre has time to throw, which he didn't last week. It's the Offensive Line, Stupid. (Not referring to anyone in particular).

IMO it's not all the offensive line; maybe the main factor. But even when Favre had average time to pass last week they were not getting open.

Rastak
09-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Inactives per NFL.com

Green Bay Packers
Inactives: RB Vernand Morency, SAF Aaron Rouse, G Tony Moll, G Allen Barbre, WR Greg Jennings, DT Justin Harrell, DT Daniel Muir, DT Mike Montgomery.

Fantasy take: Brandon Jackson will see most of the backfield work with Morency out and is a nice sleeper vs. the Giants. With Jennings out, rookie James Jones is now a viable No. 3 or 4 fantasy wideout.

New York Giants
Inactives: QB Anthony Wright (3rd QB), RB Brandon Jacobs, DB Kevin Dockery, LB Gerris Wilkinson, T Adam Koets, G Kevin Boothe, WR David Tyree, DT Russell Davis.

Fantasy take: Eli Manning (shoulder) is active and will start for the Giants. It appears safe to use him vs. Green Bay. Derrick Ward will start with Jacobs out. Osi Umenyiora is active, but the Giants defense is still not a recommended fantasy unit.

Rastak
09-16-2007, 11:55 AM
I see Dwayne Jarrett is inactive again this week. I'm surprised Harrell can't get on the field.

outflow
09-16-2007, 11:56 AM

I like Martin for what he is. A fourth string receiver. The problem is they don't play him to his strength (height). That is possesion type fade routes either to the sideline for first downs, or in the redzone for touchdowns. With Jennings hurting, this receiving corp is extremely shaky.

The body of work so far suggests the offense is horrendous. Until proven otherwise thats all I have to go by. You won't convince me its average to above.

Fosco33
09-16-2007, 12:01 PM
I'd love to see the D play well again and win the turnover battle. But I'd really like to see a better game plan (no bombs on 3rd and 1). I'd like to see a team that gives the running game a chance. I want some offensive TDs.

Let's go PACK.

Rastak
09-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Anybody watching the game while following the game thread? All I have is the Colts game here in the Twin Cities.

Bretsky
09-16-2007, 12:03 PM
I see Dwayne Jarrett is inactive again this week. I'm surprised Harrell can't get on the field.

Rastak,

As a Vikings fan you must be thankful TT turned down the Browns offer; I think Cleveland will end up with a top 5 pick in next year's draft. GB might have been able to add McFadden.

Instead you get to chuckle that our stinking first round draft pick stands and watches like Jamal Reynolds and Robert Ferguson used to.

Lurker64
09-16-2007, 12:04 PM
It's on in Iowa at least, and the laptop makes it easy to type and watch.

Also, that kickoff looked like it happened in slow motion.

Bretsky
Anybody watching the game while following the game thread? All I have is the Colts game here in the Twin Cities.

I am; so you give us Colt updates and we'll give you Packer updates.

Giants starting at their 30yd line

Rastak

Rastak,

As a Vikings fan you must be thankful TT turned down the Browns offer; I think Cleveland will end up with a top 5 pick in next year's draft. GB might have been able to add McFadden.

Instead you get to chuckle that our stinking first round draft pick stands and watches like Jamal Reynolds and Robert Ferguson used to.

Not really chuckling. I would have been bummed if you guys got a top 5 pick though next year.

Rastak
09-16-2007, 12:05 PM

I am; so you give us Colt updates and we'll give you Packer updates.

Giants starting at their 30yd line

Cool, thanks Bretsky. Titans driving.....

Bretsky
Roll out; screen to Shockey. 20Yd Play

Lurker64
Inauspicious start for the defense here.

Bretsky
09-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Derrick Ward-19Yd Carry. Personnell foul GB

Stupid Ass Poppinga

He doesn't make enough plays to be stupid

GBRulz
Come on, Poppy we didn't need that

Fosco33
Always the retaliation. Nice flop Malone.

Rastak
09-16-2007, 12:07 PM
I hate it when guys do that,.....

Bretsky
Ward no gain; ball on 20

Lurker64
Poppinga was responding to a cheapshot against Hawk, probably understandable. Wish he hadn't drawn the penalty though.

Bretsky
09-16-2007, 12:08 PM
3rd and 10; defense needs to get pressure

Rastak
Titans go for it...4th and 1.....at midfield.

edit: They weren;t close......Colts get the ball at midfield.

GBRulz
I've noticed that all the QB's this year have that green dot on the back of the helmet. What is the reason for that?

Lurker64
A 12 foot tall reciever would have had trouble with that one.

Bretsky
Pressure; Manning throws up a duck. Field goal will make it 3-0

GBRulz
09-16-2007, 12:09 PM
dodged one there!

Fosco33
I've noticed that all the QB's this year have that green dot on the back of the helmet. What is the reason for that?

Indicates the one helmet that can have radio communication.

Nice missed FG. :lol:

gbgary
all that and they get zip!!

Lurker64

It's to indicate which helmet has the radio reciever/transmitter in it. There's restrictions on what plays you can have a radio in and you can't have more than one of them on the field at once, so the green dot is to help the refs keep track.

Also, MISSED IT!

Bretsky
Pressure; Manning throws up a duck. Field goal will make it 3-0

I PUT THE WHAMMY ONE ; FIELD GOAL NO GOOD

Kiwon
09-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Dodged a bullet. Still no score.

GBRulz

It's to indicate which helmet has the radio reciever/transmitter in it. There's restrictions on what plays you can have a radio in and you can't have more than one of them on the field at once, so the green dot is to help the refs keep track.

Also, MISSED IT!

ahh, ok. TY Lurker and Fosco. I had no idea what that was for.

mmmdk
If I were a Giants fan; I'd (now) feel sick...but it's Green'nGold I bleed :P

MadtownPacker
09-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Other then the first two plays the D shut them down. As long as they dont let the RB Ward tear it up it will be OK.

Fosco33
Cincy is about to score. Wonder if Johnson will make it out of the Dawg Pound...

Lurker64
Nice run by Jackson.

ND72
09-16-2007, 12:12 PM
ok, so the Southwest commerical, where the guys are playing a video game was awesome.

Fosco33
09-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Two running plays and a FD... wow.

GBRulz
09-16-2007, 12:13 PM
ok, so the Southwest commerical, where the guys are playing a video game was awesome.

Southwest has the best commercials. My fav was 2-3 years ago, the shoe store one.

ND72
so the refs are already ticking me off....not only was the hig on Hawk by Burress a late hit, but it was also a block in the back...now Jackson gets his facemask grabbed, and nothing.

Rastak
Manning to Harrison ...long pass 1st and goal.

edit: TD Addai,......

gbgary
09-16-2007, 12:14 PM
not to jinx anything but we seem to be running well early on.

Lurker64
Good burst by Wynn, I much prefer 3rd and 2 to 3rd and 10. I also prefer 1st and 10.

GBRulz
sure makes a difference when it's not 3rd and 10.

Bretsky
09-16-2007, 12:15 PM
The Stoneless Snappers are up on Reds Raiders 11-0

This Yahoo Stat Tracker is alright

Deshawn Wynn is seeing a lot of action

Rastak
The Stoneless Snappers are up on Reds Raiders 11-0

This Yahoo Stat Tracker is alright

Yea, I have a fanball one running and two yahoos for my three teams....

Fosco33
Nice little drive here... "I like - it's nice."

gbgary
is this a drive we're putting together?? wow!!

Fosco33
09-16-2007, 12:16 PM
The quick snap is all we have for the running game.

Lurker64
I like McCarthy's play calling so far. 3 yard runs aren't pretty, but 2nd and 7 is a lot easier to convert than 2nd and 10. I hope he keeps it up.

Also, it appears that we're able to run the ball against this team. 5 carries for 27 yards or so?

Bretsky
I really like this playcalling by MM

Quick hitters
Quick Snaps

Giants Defense is poor

3rd and short

Kiwon
Good drive.

ND72

McCarthy on the pregame show on the radio said Jackson and Wynn would split time today, McCarthy said he thought he wore Jackson out last week and wasnt' able to perform to his premium.

GBRulz
I like this, O staying on the field...let's wear down their D and keep ours rested

Lurker64
09-16-2007, 12:17 PM
3rd and 1 might be telling, but so far I'm feeling better about both the OL play and the RB situation.

GBRulz
09-16-2007, 12:18 PM
OL has stepped it up. I suspect there was an ass chewing or two after last weeks game.

Rastak
Time out?

gbgary
3rd and 1, how about a quarterback sneak..........we never do that?! lol

Bretsky
Time out?

Yup

ND72
Plus they didn't say it, but they really did say it on the radio that the injury to Spitz, gives them the opportunity they wanted in getting Coston in at RG.

McCarthy, "obviously we don't want any injuries, but Junius has been playing above and beyond many of our guys right now, so this is his opportunity."

Lurker64
Time out?

The Packers radio broadcasters seemed to think it was a play clock/personnel issue.

Kiwon
09-16-2007, 12:19 PM
9 plays, 48 yards. Steady as she goes.

Will Brett take a shot into the end zone?

GBRulz
go for it !

Lurker64
It's on the road, do you go for it?

ND72
Wynn slowed himself down at the wrong time, lower your shoulder and get that 2 more feet.

woodbuck27
dodged one there!

1st Quarter

New York Giants at 15:00

2-M.Crosby kicks 57 yards from GB 30 to NYG 13. 22-R.Droughns to NYG 29 for 16 yards (59-T.White).

1-10-NYG 29 (14:55) 10-E.Manning pass short right to 80-J.Shockey to NYG 48 for 19 yards (36-N.Collins).

1-10-NYG 48 (14:12) 34-D.Ward left guard pushed ob at GB 33 for 19 yards (36-N.Collins). PENALTY on GB-51-B.Poppinga, Personal Foul, 15 yards, enforced at GB 33.

1-10-GB 18 (13:57) 34-D.Ward left end to GB 17 for 1 yard (50-A.Hawk, 77-C.Jenkins).

2-9-GB 17 (13:15) 34-D.Ward right tackle to GB 16 for 1 yard (74-A.Kampman).

3-8-GB 16 (12:28) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass incomplete short right to 34-D.Ward.

4-8-GB 16 (12:21) 9-L.Tynes 34 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Left, Center-93-J.Alford, Holder-18-J.Feagles.

Yes !! :)

Rastak
09-16-2007, 12:20 PM
It's on the road, do you go for it?

Not usually.

ND72
ah man! bad snap & hold.

Lurker64
Ugly kick by Crosby. Hope he has a short memory.

gbgary
all that and we get zip!

Fosco33
09-16-2007, 12:21 PM
missed opportunities...

GBRulz
uggg.

Harlan Huckleby
Wynn slowed himself down at the wrong time, lower your shoulder and get that 2 more feet.

agreed.

but on the reply, the blocking was awful, too.

Bretsky
Wide left on missed FG

Rastak
Battle of missed field goals....

Bretsky
09-16-2007, 12:22 PM
go for it !

you were right

ND72

agreed.

but on the reply, the blocking was awful, too.

True...but that's why you need to lower your shoulder and fight :wink:

Harlan Huckleby
bring back Raynor!

mmmdk
Guess it's even now!

Rastak
TD Steve Smith.....

ND72
bring back Raynor!

I just threw up....

Fosco33
TB is the red zone on Saints.

the_idle_threat
09-16-2007, 12:23 PM
We got a break and gave one back.

The late hit on Hawk was cheap and uncalled for, but if he's OK and it helps the defense play angry, then it might have been a blessing in disguise.

OK guys, let's see some ANGRY!!!

Bretsky
09-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Our DL does not look dominant today at all

the_idle_threat
09-16-2007, 12:24 PM
bring back Raynor! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fosco33
Anyone else w/ DirecTV having odd blips of no color... or just me?

GBRulz
bring back Raynor!

HA! I was waiting for someone to pipe up about that one. Leave it to you, Blue dog!

Bretsky
defense playing soft; Steve Smith gets the first down

GBRulz
09-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Where is the Packers D today? :doh:

Rastak
09-16-2007, 12:26 PM

Dallas has an ok defense and the Giants put up 30 something on them....

Bretsky
09-16-2007, 12:26 PM

Maybe they are taping our defensive signals :lol:

woodbuck27
09-16-2007, 12:27 PM
ah man! bad snap & hold.

Yup.

Green Bay Packers at 12:16

1-10-GB 25 (12:16) 32-B.Jackson left tackle to GB 33 for 8 yards (28-G.Wilson).

2-2-GB 33 (11:37) 32-B.Jackson up the middle to GB 37 for 4 yards (58-A.Pierce).

1-10-GB 37 (10:59) 4-B.Favre pass short right to 32-B.Jackson to GB 40 for 3 yards (55-K.Mitchell, 29-S.Madison).

2-7-GB 40 (10:19) 42-D.Wynn left tackle to GB 45 for 5 yards (97-M.Kiwanuka).

3-2-GB 45 (9:39) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass short middle to 86-D.Lee to 50 for 5 yards (58-A.Pierce).

1-10- (9:06) 42-D.Wynn left end to NYG 47 for 3 yards (96-B.Cofield, 55-K.Mitchell).

2-7-NYG 47 (8:31) 4-B.Favre pass short left to 86-D.Lee to NYG 34 for 13 yards (58-A.Pierce, 28-G.Wilson).

1-10-NYG 34 (7:57) 32-B.Jackson left tackle to NYG 27 for 7 yards (37-J.Butler, 58-A.Pierce).

2-3-NYG 27 (7:35) 32-B.Jackson right guard to NYG 25 for 2 yards (37-J.Butler).

Timeout #1 by GB at 07:02.

3-1-NYG 25 (7:02) 42-D.Wynn left tackle to NYG 25 for no gain (98-F.Robbins).

4-1-NYG 25 (6:48) 2-M.Crosby 42 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Left, Center-60-R.Davis, Holder-9-J.Ryan.

Bad snap and hold.

mmmdk

I agree!

Both Ward & Packer Jackson look ok today - who'll have the better day?

GBRulz

Maybe they are taping our defensive signals :lol:

LOL

the_idle_threat
Eli saw that delayed blitz coming. :lol:

Fosco33
Finally get some pressure - seems that Eli is scared...

Bretsky
09-16-2007, 12:28 PM

I agree!

Both Ward & Packer Jackson look ok today - who'll have the better day?

The Giants OL is much better, but who knows.

mmmdk
...I spotted that draw

Fosco33
Terrible read by Hawk on that run.

Bretsky
09-16-2007, 12:29 PM
They pounded Shockey pretty good; love to see those hits

mmmdk
good 3rd down D :D

Fosco33
Defense holds -- nice. Shockey and Smith got some good hits on 'em.

Lurker64
Not that I want to see anybody get hurt, but it's good to see the Packers getting hits on Manning. You don't necessarily want to injure a guy, but you totally want him to be uncomfortable.

Rastak
09-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Giants kicker must suck...that would have been a 48 yard kick...not THAT long,,,,

GBRulz
wow, TB up 7-0 over NO

Bretsky
I think I might get every game right in my $ pick em pool

well, unless the Giants win

GBRulz
09-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Giants kicker must suck...that would have been a 48 yard kick...not THAT long,,,,

They said 51 on TV, but I agree....must not have confidence in their kicker.

mmmdk
Uhh...I love those potential long drives. This position battle will define the momentum for either team.

Rastak
I think I might get every game right in my $ pick em pool

well, unless the Giants win

Too early for that sort of thinking..... :wink:

Harlan Huckleby
I have to admire the player that tricked Poppinga into a penalty.

First he clips Hawk after the whistle.

then he gets Poppinga to push him. He flys throught the air like superman.

Packers get the penalty.

Brilliant.

ND72
09-16-2007, 12:32 PM
I hate the packers "zone"...they don't run it right, nobody ever gets up to a linebacker...drives me nuts.

GBRulz
09-16-2007, 12:33 PM
NICE ! TY refs

Fosco33
Interesting call. - makeup?

mmmdk
Great Call - Ruvell would've had it !

Rastak
09-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Car Steve Smith......2 TDS......

outflow
This rushing offense is downright garbage. Can't runblock, can't will yourself for a yard.

Fosco33
Very fast 1st Q.

Lurker64
This dink and dunk stuff is sort of soothing to watch.

Fosco33
09-16-2007, 12:35 PM
This dink and dunk stuff is sort of soothing to watch.

Building confidence/cohesion and reading the D for later plays.

Rastak
09-16-2007, 12:35 PM
Favre 5/5 with 33 yards.

the_idle_threat
09-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Very fast 1st Q.

Agreed. I was surprised to see that it's 1/4 over already.

The Shadow
09-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Whoosh!
Pam Oliver must have put on 50 pounds!
She's big as a horse!

MadtownPacker
09-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Great Call - Ruvell would've had it !He should have had it anyways. Repay looked like it went between his hands.

Rastak
09-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Vince Young with a good pump fake and a 48 yard pickup.....

the_idle_threat
09-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Nice to see Favre with a few seconds of time in the pocket.

Lurker64
09-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Is Driver hurt or just adjusting his equipment?

Rastak
09-16-2007, 12:39 PM
5 quarters with no offensive td's....Packers are doing their best Viking imitation.

:D

ND72
I liked our tempo against the Giants more when we were going up to the line of scrimmage and getting the ball off right away.

woodbuck27
New York Giants at 06:36

1-10-NYG 33 (6:36) 34-D.Ward left guard to NYG 37 for 4 yards (50-A.Hawk, 97-J.Jolly).

2-6-NYG 37 (5:59) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass short right to 22-R.Droughns to NYG 41 for 4 yards (21-C.Woodson).

3-2-NYG 41 (5:17) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass short middle to 12-S.Smith to GB 49 for 10 yards (24-J.Bush, 20-A.Bigby).

1-10-GB 49 (4:37) 10-E.Manning pass short left to 88-M.Matthews to GB 44 for 5 yards (51-B.Poppinga).

2-5-GB 44 (3:50) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass short left to 34-D.Ward to GB 38 for 6 yards (31-A.Harris).

1-10-GB 38 (3:13) PENALTY on NYG-17-P.Burress, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at GB 38 - No Play.

1-15-GB 43 (2:47) 10-E.Manning pass incomplete short middle to 34-D.Ward.

2-15-GB 43 (2:36) (Shotgun) 34-D.Ward left tackle to GB 33 for 10 yards (94-K.Gbaja-Biamila).

3-5-GB 33 (1:55) 10-E.Manning pass incomplete short left to 80-J.Shockey.

4-5-GB 33 (1:45) 18-J.Feagles punts 28 yards to GB 5, Center-51-Z.DeOssie, downed by NYG-31-A.Ross.

Nice punt !

Fosco33
09-16-2007, 12:40 PM
No love lost here. Bet the Packers remember not going to the playoffs because of these Dwarfs.

ND72
5 quarters with no offensive td's....Packers are doing their best Viking imitation.

Or I'm just tormented and they are trying to be like my Fighting Irish :oops:

the_idle_threat
Defender was draped all over Driver.

gbgary
09-16-2007, 12:41 PM
rough

Fosco33
WOOOO

ND72
FIRST DOWN

woodbuck27
The NFL Game Center seems slow this season after their revision. Maybe it's the puter. :)

mmmdk
Whew - this is one ugly game...so far!

Bretsky
Personal Foul; Roughing the Punter

1st Down GB

Rastak

Or I'm just tormented and they are trying to be like my Fighting Irish :oops:

Be glad you aren't a Gophers fan....

Lurker64
Always good to see your punters roughed.

Rastak
09-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Big break for GB....

the_idle_threat
The NFL Game Center seems slow this season after their revision. Maybe it's the puter. :)

I found NFL Gamecenter to be really bad last week. Had better luck with Sportsline.com

mmmdk

Super dumb Pen. by Giants.

GBRulz
Jesus H

gbgary
damn it

Bretsky
DAMMIT

Driver is just dropping TOO MANY balls

Gotta catch the dam ball

GBRulz
unusual for DD not to come down with that one

Lurker64
09-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Ouch. So it's kind of like a punt...

Fosco33
Damnit. I swear almost every Favre INT is a tip/drop by some wideout.

mmmdk

Super dumb Pen. by Giants.

...getting uglier

woodbuck27
Dam Favre has bad luck. Another tip and pick. Shoot !! :shock:

Rastak
DD's fault?

mmmdk
09-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Ouch. So it's kind of like a punt...

This was not on Favre but it's a momentum switcher.

the_idle_threat
Really hate those up for grabs interceptions. Favre gets the blame on the score sheet, but what can he do?

Harlan Huckleby
DD's fault?

ya

GBRulz
DD's fault? Yeah, went right to him

Fosco33
Just like last year - bad teams don't capitalize on opportunities. That's at least 6 - maybe 10 points today (net of 3 or 7).

Lurker64
Damnit. I swear almost every Favre INT is a tip/drop by some wideout.

When Favre breaks the career interception record, it will be interesting to get a breakdown on all of his INTs, see how many were the receiver's fault.

GBRulz
09-16-2007, 12:45 PM
I was really hoping he'd break the TD record before the INT record. He hasn't thrown a TD in what 5 games now?

Rastak
09-16-2007, 12:46 PM
3 yards in a cloud of dust game it seems....

Rastak
I was really hoping he'd break the TD record before the INT record. He hasn't thrown a TD in what 5 games now?

OUCH.

Lurker64
Good to see Shockey drop that one.

the_idle_threat
I really don't like Shockey, so I really like seeing a big drop like that.

Harlan Huckleby
GREAT play by Bigby
quick hands

mmmdk
09-16-2007, 12:47 PM
FOX is spotlighting that # 275 int. - soon to catch Blanda.

GBRulz
Poppy shouldn't have let up on that, would have been a blocked punt

Rastak
I really don't like Shockey, so I really like seeing a big drop like that.

I don't he's starting on two of my three teams!

He is a dick though....

Bretsky
Good to see Shockey drop that one.

It looked like Atari knocked it away

Harlan Huckleby
Blanda played 26 years.
Amazing.

Fosco33
09-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Nice play by Bigby on Shockey's missed opp. At least the D is continuing to play well.

Rastak
09-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Colts driving....up 6-3....

Fosco33
09-16-2007, 12:49 PM
I hate saying this... but with the Giants blitzing - Favre needs to get knocked down a few times -- he always responds in kind.

gbgary
09-16-2007, 12:50 PM
yes

woodbuck27
Dam Favre has bad luck. Another tip and pick. Shoot !! :shock:

Green Bay Packers at 01:37

1-10-GB 5 (1:37) 42-D.Wynn left guard to GB 5 for no gain (58-A.Pierce).

2-10-GB 5 (1:01) 4-B.Favre pass incomplete deep left to 82-R.Martin. PENALTY on NYG-23-C.Webster, Defensive Pass Interference, 22 yards, enforced at GB 5 - No Play.

1-10-GB 27 (:50) 4-B.Favre pass short middle to 80-D.Driver to GB 32 for 5 yards (58-A.Pierce).

2-5-GB 32 (:20) 4-B.Favre pass short left to 89-J.Jones to GB 39 for 7 yards (37-J.Butler).

END QUARTER 1

2nd Quarter expand

Green Bay Packers continues ...

1-10-GB 39 (15:00) 4-B.Favre pass short middle to 80-D.Driver to NYG 46 for 15 yards (29-S.Madison).

1-10-NYG 46 (14:20) (Shotgun) 32-B.Jackson right tackle to NYG 45 for 1 yard (55-K.Mitchell, 72-O.Umenyiora).

2-9-NYG 45 (13:45) 4-B.Favre pass incomplete short right to 80-D.Driver (92-M.Strahan).

3-9-NYG 45 (13:30) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass incomplete short left to 86-D.Lee (98-F.Robbins).

4-9-NYG 45 (13:26) 9-J.Ryan punts 23 yards to NYG 22, Center-60-R.Davis, fair catch by 25-R.McQuarters. PENALTY on NYG-28-G.Wilson, Roughing the Kicker, 15 yards, enforced at NYG 45 - No Play.

1-10-NYG 30 (13:18) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass deep middle intended for 80-D.Driver INTERCEPTED by 28-G.Wilson (31-A.Ross) at NYG 14. 28-G.Wilson to NYG 14 for no gain (80-D.Driver).

That pick leaves Favre only two picks short of George Blanda's record at 247, I think.

Blanda was in the NFL 23 years.

Lurker64
Ugly miscommunication between Clifton and College, but gorgeous Favre-Jones hookup.

mmmdk
Blanda played 26 years.
Amazing.

yeah - amazing.

...please spotlight Bigby too.

NB - our OL still looks bad.

GBRulz
Perfect throw to JJ!! Nice to see something deep like that.

Fosco33
Come on Brett - was that the perfect time to hold that for play action...

outflow
Yeah, it floated though :wink:

Fosco33
09-16-2007, 12:51 PM

Perfect pass

gbgary
very nice

mmmdk

I'm not kidding - he looks a wee bit like Sterling Sharpe. JJ is GOOD!

Lurker64
Screen pass! First and goal! Grant looked good on that.

GBRulz
Nice screen to Grant. Come on guys... TD here !!!

Bretsky
RYAN GRANT

GREAT PLAY

woodbuck27
Ugly miscommunication between Clifton and College, but gorgeous Favre-Jones hookup.

Yes it was. :)

gbgary
09-16-2007, 12:52 PM
come on now.......let's get a td

Bretsky
2nd and goal at the five

How about a Favre to Driver TD

Fosco33
Thank you Giants - maybe we found another nobody RB... hmm 8-)

mmmdk
RYAN GRANT

GREAT PLAY

I'd pay a 5th pick for this guy :lol:

outflow
I wouldn't say it was a perfect pass, floated a bit.

gbgary
YES

Bub
09-16-2007, 12:53 PM
TB up big now.

rdanomly
TOUCHDOWN!!

Lurker64
OFFENSIVE TOUCHDOWN! Nice shotgun draw and nice running by Wynn, he made a great cut.

Fosco33
I'm going to Vegas - at the 'Wynn' - placing some money on that kid!

Bretsky
Nice Fake by Favre

TD D Wynn

GBRulz
YEAH TD !!!!!!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/72295778.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
packers have an excess of good backs. They should trade one.

Lurker64
09-16-2007, 12:54 PM

LOL!

mmmdk
A running TD - NICE!

woodbuck27
Nice three and out for the Packer 'D'.

New York Giants at 13:10

1-10-NYG 14 (13:10) 34-D.Ward right guard to NYG 17 for 3 yards (97-J.Jolly).

2-7-NYG 17 (12:33) 34-D.Ward left guard to NYG 20 for 3 yards (79-R.Pickett).

3-4-NYG 20 (11:52) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass incomplete deep right to 80-J.Shockey.

4-4-NYG 20 (11:40) 18-J.Feagles punts 51 yards to GB 29, Center-51-Z.DeOssie. 21-C.Woodson ran ob at GB 29 for no gain.

Good stuff there. :)

ND72
Finally the Offensive TD monkey is off my back for one of my teams.

Bretsky
09-16-2007, 12:55 PM
TB up big now.

WOW; Saints worst nightmare is happening today

Bub
Cleveland is up too

mmmdk

LOL!

Harlan, the only at PR with truely funny bones.

the_idle_threat
09-16-2007, 12:56 PM
A six yard touchdown run is very nice for a lot of reasons.

FritzDontBlitz
i am very impressed with m3's playcalling and offense rotation right now. he's using everybody. the only person on offense that hasn't had at least one catch or run is bubba.

excellent drive

Bub
it would have been nice to see Brett toss one though. He needs to break out of his funk.

woodbuck27
Good for Deshawn Wynn.

He's stepping up.

Fosco33
09-16-2007, 12:57 PM
it would have been nice to see Brett toss one though. He needs to break out of his funk.

Word

RashanGary
09-16-2007, 12:57 PM
WOW, good game.. . .

OK, back to family and football.