PDA

View Full Version : Random thoughts

b bulldog
09-16-2007, 03:10 PM
the first thing I'd like to say is that brett played one hell of a game and is without a doubt the games MVP. The lack of a running game even makes his play more impressive. brandon jackson is nothing more than a third down back at this time. Wynn is much better and hitting the holes and he has spped and power. The Oline needs a lot of work in regards to run blocking. I've never seen so many defenders get through a line so easliy and so quickly. Barnett is the face of this D at this time and he is playing fast and nasty. IMO, Hawk needs to start picking up his play. he is woeful in coverage and should be utilized as a blitzer more often. he seems to be playing a buit slow, he doesn't seem to be playing balls out.

b bulldog
09-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Special teams were also very good. Williams looks great on returns.

Joemailman
09-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Wynn looks like much more of a threat to break a long one than Jackson. He's just still a bit unpolished at this point probably because he sat out most of the pre-season. I wonder who will be getting the most reps in practice. Jackson does look good catching passes out of the backfield.

b bulldog
09-16-2007, 03:47 PM
I agree and that is why he is a prototypical 3rd down back. Good hands, smallish and a dancer.

Brandon494
09-16-2007, 04:07 PM
B Jack will not lose his starting job. We do have a pretty nice group I think at RB with B Jack, Morency, and Wynn. All three have different running styles and all three seem to be pretty good recievers out of the backfield.

Scott Campbell
09-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Jackson does look good catching passes out of the backfield.

But he dropped another gimme this week after doing the same thing last week.

BallHawk
09-16-2007, 04:12 PM

And there is nothing Lord Favre dislikes more than dropped passes.

Bretsky
09-16-2007, 04:15 PM

And there is nothing Lord Favre dislikes more than dropped passes.

Normally those that call him "Lord Favre" are very Anti Brett Favre; are you in this camp ? If you were I didn't know.

b bulldog
09-16-2007, 04:26 PM
Does it really matter?

Maxie the Taxi
09-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Wow! Great game Packers!

I just got back from work. Heard the score on the radio and about drove off the road.

I'm satisfied with the run/pass play call mix. Enough runs to keep 'em honest and enough passing to exploit a Giant weakness. Plus, Wynn popped one.

What about Favre's interception? Was it a bad throw or just bad pass route running or something?

BananaMan
09-16-2007, 04:29 PM
The throw was good. Hit Driver in the upper shoulder, bounced off his hands and up into the air. Landed right in the safeties hands.

Not Brett's fault one bit.

MJZiggy
09-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Tipped ball.

Maxie the Taxi
09-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Great. Does look like Brett had an MVP day. Couldn't be happier.

Next stop, Chargers.

Bretsky
09-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Does it really matter?

no

BallHawk
09-16-2007, 04:52 PM
Normally those that call him "Lord Favre" are very Anti Brett Favre; are you in this camp ? If you were I didn't know.

I didn't know it was possible to be a Packer fan and be anti-Favre.

It was just a joke. I could never talk serious smack about #4. :D

Bretsky
09-16-2007, 04:53 PM

I didn't know it was possible to be a Packer fan and be anti-Favre.

It was just a joke. I could never talk serious smack about #4. :D

How is your FF team doing ?