PDA

View Full Version : Other games around the North

Lurker64
09-16-2007, 05:09 PM
Anybody watching the Lions v. Vikings game? We're getting the Bears v. Chiefs here, which isn't that interesting because if the Bears don't win this one there's something seriously wrong with them. The Bears don't look as dominant as they should against a team like the chiefs, but it's early yet.

How do our divisional foes look?

Rastak
09-16-2007, 05:13 PM
Anybody watching the Lions v. Vikings game? We're getting the Bears v. Chiefs here, which isn't that interesting because if the Bears don't win this one there's something seriously wrong with them. The Bears don't look as dominant as they should against a team like the chiefs, but it's early yet.

How do our divisional foes look?

Yea, and I'm kinda pissed. Spencer Johnson is in mid-air and hit O'Sullivan just as he throws it on 3rd down and they call him for roughing the passer. Impossible to stop, it's not possible. Then Calvin Johnson pushes off in the end zone and grabs a TD. Total bullshit.

Bretsky
09-16-2007, 05:15 PM
Why is O'Sullivan playing ? I'm pissed because I have to watch this piss poor Bear game. It's about the worst game of the weekend and this is what I'm stuck with :? :?

DannoMac21
09-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Only way Bears can score is thanks to Hester. They have 10 points thanks to him.

Rastak
09-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Why is O'Sullivan playing ? I'm pissed because I have to watch this piss poor Bear game. It's about the worst game of the weekend and this is what I'm stuck with :? :?

Ray Edwards knocked Kitna silly....

sepporepi
09-16-2007, 05:17 PM
It's about the worst game of the weekend and this is what I'm stuck with Confused Confused

http://streamednfl.blogspot.com/

8-) 8-) 8-)

Lurker64
09-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Yea, and I'm kinda pissed. Spencer Johnson is in mid-air and hit O'Sullivan just as he throws it on 3rd down and they call him for roughing the passer. Impossible to stop, it's not possible. Then Calvin Johnson pushes off in the end zone and grabs a TD. Total bullshit.

I hate bullshit roughing the passer calls. Was it worse than the one in the GB/Seattle game last year?

Also, Calvin Johnson is allowed to push off because he was a high draft pick receiver and is "marked for greatness." :roll:

Rastak
09-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Lots of former Packers impacting the game. Sharper with two picks including an end zone pick. Longwell kicks it 6 yards deep.... :)

Even Fergy has a couple catches.....

Lurker64
09-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings end up leading the league in "scoring defense", that is to say "points scored by defense." They seem to come up with one about every week. Tight game between the Vikes, 17-17.

I'm actually surprised that the loss of Tomlin didn't seem to hurt the Minnesota D that much.

How does Ferguson look? I heard he had a really bad drop, but then again who doesn't?

MJZiggy
09-16-2007, 05:24 PM
I wonder if they called that one because he drove O'Sullivan to the ground instead of hitting without wrapping up.

Rastak
09-16-2007, 05:25 PM
I wonder if they called that one because he drove O'Sullivan to the ground instead of hitting without wrapping up.

He was mid-air....how the hell do you stop that?

MJZiggy
09-16-2007, 05:27 PM
I didn't say stop; I said don't wrap up. Hit him and bounce off the tackle like so many do when they're actually trying to bring a guy down...

Rastak
09-16-2007, 05:30 PM
I didn't say stop; I said don't wrap up. Hit him and bounce off the tackle like so many do when they're actually trying to bring a guy down...

He couldn't wrap him up because he flew into him with his shoulder....it was a bad call...anyway, whatever. NFL needs to look at that....GB got screwed last year too.

17-17, 4th quarter......

Him8123
09-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Rayner just kicked a FG against the bears, GO KC!!!!

Him8123
09-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Man I hate Hester, but he`s good

Lurker64
09-16-2007, 05:40 PM
Bears offense blitz pickup isn't very good, let's hope they don't correct that.

Rastak
09-16-2007, 05:43 PM
T Jackson isn't doing shit.

:cry:

Lurker64
09-16-2007, 05:48 PM

Minnesota's QB situation is sort of like our RB situation I think. You hope that the young guy steps up and shows you something, but if he doesn't? Also has T. Jack really thrown three interceptions? Against the Lions fearsome defense? Ouch.

Rastak
09-16-2007, 05:50 PM

Minnesota's QB situation is sort of like our RB situation I think. You hope that the young guy steps up and shows you something, but if he doesn't?

He isn't. :(

Lurker64
09-16-2007, 05:52 PM

How bad were the three INTs? Were they like "Driver knocks the ball up into the air and the DB comes down with it" bad or were they "Eli Manning hands the ball off to Corey Williams on a screen pass" bad?

Detroit's thrown 3 INTs too, but the Vikes D is good and you expect that.

Rastak
09-16-2007, 05:56 PM

How bad were the three INTs? Were they like "Driver knocks the ball up into the air and the DB comes down with it" bad or were they "Eli Manning hands the ball off to Corey Williams on a screen pass" bad?

Detroit's thrown 3 INTs too, but the Vikes D is good and you expect that.

Shitty plays by Jackson. I have officially lost my confidence.....

Lurker64
09-16-2007, 06:00 PM
Bears are totally failing to put this one away. Nice misjudgement by Grossman to give the Chiefs the ball on the 30. If Rayner would have hit that field goal, the Chiefs would be a TD away from a tie. The Bears are supposed to be a lot better than the Chiefs...

Looks like the Vikings and Lions might be going to OT. Both teams missed longish FG with under a minute left, looks like. Might we see a tie?

GBRulz
09-16-2007, 06:16 PM
Not a North game, but who knew Oakland might pull off a big upset today?

Rastak
09-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Longwell drills the upright at 52 yards...damn, would have been good from 60. Overtime....good luck Vikes, you need it. What a shitty offense.

GBRulz
09-16-2007, 06:20 PM
damn, KC had a nice drive going and they fumble at the 10.

Rastak
09-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Bolllinger in....jump out of the pan and into the fire..... :cry:

GBRulz
09-16-2007, 06:22 PM
Did Jackson get hurt or did they pull him for playing bad? I don't have the MN game here.

Rastak
09-16-2007, 06:23 PM
Did Jackson get hurt or did they pull him for playing bad? I don't have the MN game here.

Looks like a groin injury......he got hurt.....

Lurker64
09-16-2007, 06:28 PM
I saw the Mn OT drive was ended by a fumble, what happened?

Rastak
09-16-2007, 06:30 PM

Bolllinger fucked up the snap.

Lurker64
09-16-2007, 06:32 PM

Bolllinger fucked up the snap.

Ouch, so quarterbacks combined for 9 turnovers: 7 interceptions and 2 lost fumbles in this game. Ouch.

BallHawk
09-16-2007, 06:43 PM
It's becoming a rule of thumb that if a defense is playing against the Vikes, you better start them or pick them up.

HarveyWallbangers
09-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Minnesota vs. Detroit was about as ugly as they get--although, with Kitna the full game, Detroit probably wins easily.

BallHawk
09-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Denver just won even though Janikowski made the GW kick, but Shanahan called a TO at the last second. Janikowski re-kicks and hits it off the post.

God, I hate the Broncos.

Rastak
09-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Minnesota vs. Detroit was about as ugly as they get--although, with Kitna the full game, Detroit probably wins easily.

Vikings offense sucks bad.

GBRulz
09-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Denver just won even though Janikowski made the GW kick, but Shanahan called a TO at the last second. Janikowski re-kicks and hits it off the post.

God, I hate the Broncos.

I was watching that. I hate Denver, too. That kick should have been upheld.

OH well, at least the Queens lost! :glug:

Maxie the Taxi
09-16-2007, 06:48 PM
It seems to me Oakland got screwed. Broncos call a time-out a split second before Oakland kicks the winning field goal. Three winning points come off the board and Denver goes on to lose.

New rule is in order.

Maxie the Taxi
09-16-2007, 06:51 PM
There was another weird play in the Chicago game. KC kicks off toward the sideline. Hester catches the ball a split second before he steps out of bounds. Refs call a penalty on KC for kicking out of bounds. Bears get the ball on the forty.

BallHawk
09-16-2007, 06:52 PM
It seems to me Oakland got screwed. Broncos call a time-out a split second before Oakland kicks the winning field goal. Three winning points come off the board and Denver goes on to lose.

New rule is in order.

It's a cheap tactic. If the guy makes it, the Broncos say they called TO. If they miss it, the Broncos can give some BS excuse about how they weren't meaning to call TO.

Shanahan is an asswipe.

Maxie the Taxi
09-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Definitely requires a rules change.

Willard
09-16-2007, 06:58 PM

Shanahan coaches dirty just like Belicheat. He has the added incentive of sticking it to Al Davis who he says screwed him out of $500k in salary when he was fired by the Raiders. I hate the Broncos too; but the Raiders don't deserve too much pity.

GBRulz
09-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Longwell missed a game winning FG, per the recaps on TV.

BallHawk
09-16-2007, 07:01 PM

Shanahan coaches dirty just like Belicheat. He has the added incentive of sticking it to Al Davis who he says screwed him out of $500k in salary when he was fired by the Raiders. I hate the Broncos too; but the Raiders don't deserve too much pity.

Oakland is the lesser of two evils.

Rastak
09-16-2007, 07:01 PM

Long FG off the upright. I wouldn't put the game on him.

Willard
09-16-2007, 07:03 PM

Oakland is the lesser of two evils.

Agreed. The rat must be exterminated. Is that too harsh?

GBRulz
09-16-2007, 07:05 PM

how long of an attempt was it?

Rastak
09-16-2007, 07:07 PM

how long of an attempt was it?

52 I think...something like that...he hit the upright up pretty high....it was close.

GBRulz
09-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Is anyone else watching the interview with Goodell right now on NBC? The guy is ice cold, all business and to the point.

Bretsky
09-16-2007, 07:17 PM

He never missed for us; well rarely at least

GB's all time leading scorer

Cheesehead Craig
09-16-2007, 07:43 PM

Holder's fault.

Rastak
09-16-2007, 07:44 PM

Holder's fault.

Funny. What was Crosby's excuse....holder?

Lurker64
09-16-2007, 08:06 PM

Larry McCarren thought it was a bad snap AND a bad hold. ;)

HarveyWallbangers
09-16-2007, 08:27 PM

If he's like Longwell, we'll know tomorrow.
:D

Adrian Peterson is really good. Minnesota's defense is really good too. Maybe even better than last year because they are getting a rush off the end. However, Detroit showed today that they still have a weakness with spread offenses. They look a lot like last year's team + Peterson (who again is really good). I'd say they are a little better, but their schedule is tougher than last year and they got some breaks to go 6-10 last year.

BEARMAN
09-16-2007, 09:15 PM
Man I hate Hester, but he`s good

Not as much as I hate farve ! But damnit he's good. :duel:

cpk1994
09-17-2007, 03:36 AM

Long FG off the upright. I wouldn't put the game on him. But, your team is paying him $2 million. NO excuse for missing the kick. :)

rpiotr01
09-17-2007, 09:11 AM
Why kick it to Hester? i don't get it. He's the best playmaker in the league at a position where the D has the choice of giving him the ball. Especially late in the game I'd sooner kick the ball out of bounds than kick it to him.

mngolf19
09-17-2007, 12:35 PM
The Vikes have to continue on with Jackson despite it all so he can learn and improve but can't help thinking that Holcomb probably would win more games this year. :( Rastak, your right on the calls. Vikes got screwed but that in no way is the reason for this loss.