PDA

View Full Version : Chargers Pats

Partial
09-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Anybody watching tonight??

RashanGary
09-16-2007, 08:03 PM
Yes. The Patriots have a chip on their shoulder. Adalius Thomas is down. I'm hoping the Chargers step up. I can't stand the Patriots.

RashanGary
09-16-2007, 08:05 PM
The Chargers offense isn't doing ANY favors for their defense. Pretty pathetic showing.

I'm also hoping for a SD W so that they are fat and happy come next week. If htey lose, they'll come back stronger.

Willard
09-16-2007, 08:13 PM
The Chargers offense isn't doing ANY favors for their defense. Pretty pathetic showing.

I'm also hoping for a SD W so that they are fat and happy come next week. If htey lose, they'll come back stronger.
That is not looking too likely at this point. Would you settle for the Pats exposing the weaknesses of SD so the Pack knows how to attack them next week?

b bulldog
09-16-2007, 08:14 PM
Disappointing game as of now.

The Leaper
09-16-2007, 08:14 PM
Packers will need to pass a lot to beat SD. We can't hope to gain much yardage on the ground against them.

Sef0r
09-16-2007, 08:22 PM
Ref

"There is no penalty on the play, the player was just overpowered" After Lorenzo Neal overpowered a NE player on a LT run.

LMOA....hahaha thats the funniest thing I've ever heard a ref said.

gbpackfan
09-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Couple of things about this game.

1. I'm sick and tired of people, in this case Madden, making excuses for the Patroits. Yeah, he said they shouldn't have done it but then said they were just trying to gain a competitive advantage. Hey Madden, when you commit an act that is against the rules in order to gain a competitive advantage IT'S CALLED CHEATING! And they keep discussing whether or not filming the opposing D coaches sending in the signals could actually help the team. Well, they were doing it for a reason. OF COURSE IT HELPED THE PATROITS!!! Or else they wouldn't have been doing it. They cheated and that game last week should go down as a loss.

2. Shawn Merriman is a talented player but also an idiot. Doing that dance after he stopped the RB before the FG. And now going crazy after a sack. Hey Shawn, you are losing 17-0 moron! Just play the game.

PackerTimer
09-16-2007, 08:29 PM
I'm sure there are more than a few people watching this pining over Randy Moss. Wes Welker is a guy I would love to see catching passes and returning punts for the Packers. He is a shifty little shit.

RashanGary
09-16-2007, 08:30 PM
SD needs to put together a big drive heere and then they need to kill Brady in the 2nd half. He didn't look very good when he had pressure.

RashanGary
09-16-2007, 08:33 PM
I am very disappointed in the Chargers offense. They havn't gotten ANYTHING going.

I don't liek the patriots to begin with, but the Chargers getting lit would mean that they focus that much harder on us.

b bulldog
09-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Tom doesn't look very good, good one

b bulldog
09-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Actually SD could also have a hangover but to be honest, this team will beat us if they win tonight or if they lose tonight. We will not run against them and we will have a hard time stopping theirm pass rush and my feeling is LT explodes on GB's defense.

Bretsky
09-16-2007, 08:41 PM
Packers will need to pass a lot to beat SD. We can't hope to gain much yardage on the ground against them.

Pass to set up the run; we'll be doing a lot of that this year

b bulldog
09-16-2007, 08:42 PM
Welker is a perfect compliment to Moss. Maroney doesn't look very good. He seems hesitant when the ball is in his hands.

RashanGary
09-16-2007, 08:42 PM
Tom doesn't look very good, good one

Probably the most underrated aspect of this cheating scandal is Tom setting the protection. Having the pressures presnap would give him a huge edge. He's not mobile at all. He's never been touched in the last 4 years. The protection was great in teh 1st Quarter, but Brady has been rattled in the 2nd.

I'm very curious to see how this season plays out for him.

PackerTimer
09-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Bad call. That was a good defensive play.

packinpatland
09-16-2007, 08:48 PM
So, how come Madden circled the cameraman behind the Pat's bench and commented something to the like, that it was aimed at the SD coaches?

rdanomly
09-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Bad call. That was a good defensive play.

Karma, Brady gets an int :D

RashanGary
09-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Very bad throw there. Brady just iusn't the same when he can't stand back there like a statue.

Sure makes you wonder if he was getting the pressures presnap, allowing him to get the protection right and never having heat. This is a very interesting time for TB.

b bulldog
09-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Nick, you are acting like a little kid. Every QB plays a bit speratic when they get pressure. Look at todays game, the Oline settles down in the second half, gave brett time to throw and he made plays.

b bulldog
09-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Yoyu make me laugh, "very interesting time" He throws one bad ball, completes about 80% of his passes and throws a couple TD's and "it's a very intersting time"

Scott Campbell
09-16-2007, 08:56 PM
This is a very interesting time for TB.

I think it would be a lot more interesting if it weren't 24-0.

b bulldog
09-16-2007, 08:58 PM
Good post

b bulldog
09-16-2007, 08:58 PM
You can hate Brady and the Pats but sometimes you need to give credit where credit is due :D

RashanGary
09-16-2007, 09:01 PM
Nick, you are acting like a little kid. Every QB plays a bit speratic when they get pressure. Look at todays game, the Oline settles down in the second half, gave brett time to throw and he made plays.

Don't you think it a bit odd that Brady has always had a ton of time for the last 4 years. Even against teh best pass rushing teams in the league, he never got so much as a breath of warm air on his neck.

The Pats are playing with a chip on their shoulder. Their defense is dominating and their offense played one good quarter.

Brady is a really good player. I just think he's overrated and I hope this cheating scandle brings him/them down to earth by taking away their competitive edge.

b bulldog
09-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Whatever, you just go hold your breath in the corner till Tom throws another pic. Brady has three rings and if they stay relativelyhealthy this year, he will get his fourth.

Partial
09-16-2007, 09:17 PM
What is this bojive about him never taking heat? Brady stands in the pocket and gets hit as much as anybody. I've seen him take some serious shots after staying in the pocket and remaining composed enough to make the big throw before getting drilled.

He is a tough SOB. I don't take an ounce of credit away from Brady.

Harlan Huckleby
09-16-2007, 09:27 PM
I'm just waiting for the Patriots to meltdown. I've heard so often that Moss is a locker room cancer, seems like the Patriots have to take a dive soon.

Harlan Huckleby
09-16-2007, 09:28 PM
Whups - touchdown, Moss.

Maybe the meltdown will come NEXT week.

b bulldog
09-16-2007, 09:31 PM
The Williams injury if serious could be a big blow tom the Chargers D. He is a mamoth nose.

RashanGary
09-16-2007, 09:40 PM
The Williams injury if serious could be a big blow tom the Chargers D. He is a mamoth nose.

I agree. Their offense looks beatable too. Don't take my Brady stuff to serious. It just seems to come so easy to them. It might just be preparation showing up on gameday. Some people have Favre grudges, some have Manning grudges. I have a Brady grudge.

The Pats are an elite team adn the Bears are a very good team. The Chargers havn't been overly impressive but it could just be the teams they are playing. If the Oline can have a good game, we might have a chance.

gbpackfan
09-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Whups - touchdown, Moss.

Maybe the meltdown will come NEXT week.

HA HA. The Chargers should at least cover him don't you think. Taco Wallace could have scored that TD.

Freak Out
09-16-2007, 09:49 PM
..is Norv calling the damn plays? Whoever is needs to have their head put on strait. Pathetic.

Lurker64
09-16-2007, 10:05 PM
I have a bad feeling about next week. If the Chargers don't pull out a miracle in the next five minutes, the Bolts are going to come out looking to hit someone in the mouth, namely us.

b bulldog
09-16-2007, 10:15 PM
They suffered some major injuries tonight. iT WILL BE VERY INTERESTING TO SEE how the injuries for SD shake out by Sunday.

gbpackfan
09-16-2007, 10:19 PM
I have a bad feeling about next week. If the Chargers don't pull out a miracle in the next five minutes, the Bolts are going to come out looking to hit someone in the mouth, namely us.

I have a bad feeling about next week too, but it's not because the Chargers are going to lose tonight. We never seem to play well against a 3-4 and the O line is going to have a tough time keeping Favre up-right considering he is going to have chuck the rock 50 plus times. Then again, I didnt think the Packers could put up 35 points this week. Anything can happen in the NFL. The fricking Browns beat the Bengals today!

All that being said, I am going to forget about Sunday until mid week. The Packers won today, all is good.

Lurker64
09-16-2007, 10:28 PM
And hell, a 2-1 start? I'll take it. If you would have told me before the season started that we'd start 2-1, I'd do a backflip. Last year we were 1-2 to start. The year before? 0-3. Last year it was week 7 when we got our second win. The year before? Week 10.

The only thing I hope is that the Chargers don't kill or maim any of our guys.

Chubbyhubby
09-16-2007, 10:30 PM
I'm in a fantasy league that I have LT starting at my RB and have the Chargers D . Needed 40 points to win the matchup and go 2-0. Didn't happen, LT got shut down big time and Chargers got light up. Lost the game 82-111. That would be sweet if the Pack can win against SD for Favre's 150 career win. Pats have exposed SD's weakness in tonights game. Lets hope the Packers exploit it next week.

Freak Out
09-16-2007, 10:41 PM
They better figure out how to block Merriman or #4 is going to be a hurting unit and we need him on his feet. Rivers looks jumpy back there but if they start pounding the ball with LT we could be in for a long day if they can get it going.