PDA

View Full Version : JAVON WALKER'S NEW DEAL - 5 YEARS, 42 MILL!

gbpackfan
05-04-2006, 06:27 PM
Wow! They better pray that he doesnt get hurt and that he comes back to form. I guess he is going to get 24 million in the first 3 years with around 15 mill. guaranteed.

Source: Adam S., NFL NETWORK

Anti-Polar Bear
05-04-2006, 06:29 PM
Who did thompson got for walker again? Oh yeah a bunch of rookies. The good GM wouldve gotten Randy Moss for Walker. This just prove that thompson is not a good GM.

SkinBasket
05-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Who did thompson got for walker again? Oh yeah a bunch of rookies. The good GM wouldve gotten Randy Moss for Walker. This just prove that thompson is not a good GM.

http://us.inmagine.com/168nwm/digitalvision/dv297/dv297002.jpg

Anti-Polar Bear
05-04-2006, 06:33 PM
http://us.inmagine.com/168nwm/digitalvision/dv297/dv297002.jpg

Is that thompson? :wink:

Partial
05-04-2006, 06:37 PM
How on earth would he get moss? Maybe trade our whole team for moss.

Atleast be realistic. If Walker barely got a second, how would he get the best receiver in the history of the league?

gbpackfan
05-04-2006, 06:42 PM
I didn't know we were interested in Jerry Rice.

packrulz
05-04-2006, 06:44 PM
Moss aside, I think Shanahan is really rolling the dice here, Walker is pretty good though. We'll see how he does without Favre throwing to him.

Partial
05-04-2006, 06:57 PM

Moss' numbers are better than Rice's by a pretty fair margin at this point in their careers. The difference was Rice was a straight shooter. Moss is a jackass.

No Mo Moss
05-04-2006, 07:06 PM
If thompson would have given Walker this deal people would be bitching about it. He trades him and people are bitching about it. I like what happened, move on. Denver better hope he is healthy for them.

Walker, as I looked back, always got hurt when we really needed him. Against Atlanta he went out when we probably could have won withhimin the line-up.
Against the Vikings in the Playoffs he got knicked and had to leave the game. Some would argue that by Walker not running his correct play against Philly, Favre was picked. Atleast he would have been there to knock it down or tackle Dawkins.

K-town
05-04-2006, 07:28 PM
I had forgotten his disappearing acts in the 2002 and 2004 Playoffs.
Not that I'm bitter or petty (actually, I'm both), but I hope J-Walk reverts to his rookie season form, when my affectionate nickname for him was "Mr. Dropsy."

dr.tedGM
05-04-2006, 08:10 PM
APB I am sure you could have gotten Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark and a first rounder for Javon if you were in charge. What do you do for a living that is keeping you from taking over an NFL team?

gbpackfan
05-04-2006, 08:11 PM

Moss' numbers are better than Rice's by a pretty fair margin at this point in their careers. The difference was Rice was a straight shooter. Moss is a jackass.

Are you seriously arguing that Moss is the best WR in the history of the league!? I sure hope not. Well, this whole arguement should probably put on hold until Moss' career wraps up. Which might be soon. You never know, he might just have the urge to run over another cop!

MadtownPacker
05-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Are you seriously arguing that Moss is the best WR in the history of the league!? I sure hope not. Well, this whole arguement should probably put on hold until Moss' career wraps up. Which might be soon. You never know, he might just have the urge to run over another cop!
That what Im saying. moss WAS on pace to top all of rice's record but that was before the last 2 season. Right now moss is gonna have to play catch up and play well for the next 8 years to catch up with rice. His career might not even last that long.

KYPack
05-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Wow! They better pray that he doesnt get hurt and that he comes back to form. I guess he is going to get 24 million in the first 3 years with around 15 mill. guaranteed.

Source: Adam S., NFL NETWORK

Are you sure GBPF?

I had heard 5 or 6 year contract extension with a 10 mil SB.

That even sounded high to me.

The 42 million figure includes the back end "funny money", but 15 million guaranteed? I find it hard to believe and nobody else is reporting this at the time.

That package would rival Moss's and make him the highest paid reciever in the league. TO only got 11 - 12 million.

Sure it wasn't the liars at ESPN?

Scott Campbell
05-04-2006, 09:15 PM
The more they pay him, the better. That'll leave less money for them to compete against us for other free agents.

ND72
05-04-2006, 09:41 PM
ok so aside from the dream of trading walker for moss, which anyone from planet earth will know only happens while playing Madden. I think Shanahan is rolling the dice as well. yes walker made some big plays...but only for like 1 season and a few games. guess what, so did antonio freeman, and he was still young when he "cashed in". i'm glad our hands are clean of him, and he's not our problem.

Guiness
05-04-2006, 09:42 PM
The numbers mean nothing w/o the breakdown. Wasn't Burleson's deal worth about $40mil on paper?

$15mil guaranteed is pretty insane though. I found the quote at KFFL

Broncos | More about J. Walker's new contract
Thu, 4 May 2006 19:37:06 -0700

Updating previous reports, the NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Denver Broncos and WR Javon Walker have reached agreement on the parameters of a new five-year, $42 million contract that includes close to $15 million worth of guaranteed money in options and bonuses, and just over $24 million in the contract's first three years. The deal also includes standard contract language that protects the Broncos in the unlikely event that Walker cannot return from the season-ending knee injury he suffered last year

In other news, Lelie fired his agent. June 1 pickup?

ecwiscott
05-04-2006, 09:50 PM
I read somewhere (don't remember which of the 6 sites I visit often) last week before the draft that the Pack did offer him a contract extension but Walker wouldn't even discuss it because he was so mad at the Packers. I'm 100% sure it was more than $42 million too!

gbpackfan
05-04-2006, 09:54 PM
That what Im saying. moss WAS on pace to top all of rice's record but that was before the last 2 season. Right now moss is gonna have to play catch up and play well for the next 8 years to catch up with rice. His career might not even last that long.

You said it all right there. He WAS! He may have the potential to break records, but potential is for the birds! You can't say "how would have done this or he would have done that." Part of being a great player is staying on the field. Yes Moss is an excellent WR. But right now, he is no Jerry Rice!

AtownPackFan
05-04-2006, 09:55 PM
The Broncos forum was posting romurs yesterday that the deal was going to be 5 to 6 years with a signing bonus in the 10 million range. They figured the guaranteed money would be in the 12 to 15 million.

Based on that information and the fact the Broncos had a deal worked out in principle before the trade, I would say these could be pretty accurate numbers.

I found that in a thread about who the #1 receiver should be in Denver. The fans there did not seem overly thrilled on average about the Javon trade. Very apprehensive about whether he would return to form and if he was going to be another TO. Of course he did have a few people singing his praises.

I actually thought they would all be cheering it up to get Walker.

AtownPackFan
05-04-2006, 09:56 PM
I read somewhere (don't remember which of the 6 sites I visit often) last week before the draft that the Pack did offer him a contract extension but Walker wouldn't even discuss it because he was so mad at the Packers. I'm 100% sure it was more than $42 million too!

I remember reading that as well.....seems like it was at least equal to the Denver contract rumor.

Harlan Huckleby
05-04-2006, 10:16 PM
JW is a great player. It hurts like hell to see him leave G.B., after the packers lived through his growing pains. Thompson made the best decision possible.

MateoInMex
05-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Javon = ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

Now in Denver and supposedly 42 million dollars richer on a bum knee, he can play ala Griese....throw a couple of balls, catch a couple of balls...then drive a snowmobile into a stairway and blame it on his dog.

IMO, Javon Walker is a joke!

1 good season, we have all heard. But who threw to that 1 year wonder? Elvis Grbach?

Christ, I have heard media douches talk like Walker is the second coming of Jesus Christ!!! The guy was a reach pick by Charmin for God's sake!!!

Whose he gonna punish with Jake Plummer? The Raiders??!!!ROFL!

Uh, I think a 2nd rounder was a steal!!! The guy aside from wack comments that got him canned from every endorsement in Wisconsin is overpaid after claiming he was underpaid.

Shanahan was always good at RB talent, but an injured egomaniac ....whap! whap! whap! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

GrnBay007
05-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Javon = ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

Now in Denver and supposedly 42 million dollars richer on a bum knee, he can play ala Griese....throw a couple of balls, catch a couple of balls...then drive a snowmobile into a stairway and blame it on his dog.

IMO, Javon Walker is a joke!

1 good season, we have all heard. But who threw to that 1 year wonder? Elvis Grbach?

Christ, I have heard media douches talk like Walker is the second coming of Jesus Christ!!! The guy was a reach pick by Charmin for God's sake!!!

Whose he gonna punish with Jake Plummer? The Raiders??!!!ROFL!

Uh, I think a 2nd rounder was a steal!!! The guy aside from wack comments that got him canned from every endorsement in Wisconsin is overpaid after claiming he was underpaid.

Shanahan was always good at RB talent, but an injured egomaniac ....whap! whap! whap! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

LOL don't hold back Mateo! I think you were the one that gave him the name Wonderlic Wonder, weren't you? :razz:

GrnBay007
05-04-2006, 10:55 PM
Wow, my siggy is working. Should it be smaller?

Anti-Polar Bear
05-04-2006, 11:03 PM

You should get rid of it, imo. It looks like brokeback mountain, Green Bay.

GrnBay007
05-04-2006, 11:12 PM

You should get rid of it, imo. It looks like brokeback mountain, Green Bay.

Yeah, you said that before when I used it Tank. I don't understand you....this is sportsmanship, true heroes bonding. Why make it ugly? You have been in such a negative mood lately. School getting to you? Not getting laid? Cmon, show us your glass can be half full buddy.

RashanGary
05-04-2006, 11:15 PM
Yeah....

It's like a twised young man on old man brokeback mountain scene.

Homer Jay
05-04-2006, 11:20 PM
007. Its a great sig, leave it just ike it is. I'd guess most of us see it as a great bonding of the past and the present.

GrnBay007
05-04-2006, 11:20 PM
Better watch it boys, posting stuff like that makes you look insecure with your own sexuality. Add in your little forum spats and ouch......look out!!

GrnBay007
05-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Thanks Pack4ever

Homer Jay
05-04-2006, 11:33 PM
Maybe it's just because I'm so danged old, but I can still close my eyes and see Bart diving over the goal line in the Ice Bowl, and Brett hurdling himself into the end zone in Milwaukee against Atlanta to return the Packers to the playoffs. Brett has always given respect to the glory days and its players and that's always been one of the things I respect about him most.

RashanGary
05-04-2006, 11:37 PM
Watch out brett...That old guy has eyes for your rump.

GrnBay007
05-04-2006, 11:39 PM
FOR YOU PACK4EVER!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/BackThePack/TheFinalDrive.jpg

Homer Jay
05-04-2006, 11:44 PM
Thanks 007. Great pic. The only thing that could make it a better picture would be if Mike Holmgren could be in the corner when he saw Brett was going to run.

RashanGary
05-04-2006, 11:47 PM
Rump riders :neutral:

Homer Jay
05-04-2006, 11:49 PM
Closet queen? :?:

GrnBay007
05-04-2006, 11:52 PM
LOL nickcollins, why don't you just tell us your real problem.

GrnBay007
05-04-2006, 11:53 PM
Thanks 007. Great pic. The only thing that could make it a better picture would be if Mike Holmgren could be in the corner when he saw Brett was going to run.

Sorry, don't have that one......wish I did!! :D

Homer Jay
05-04-2006, 11:58 PM
I doubt it exists. I'd guess it would be one of those.."NO, NO, NO,......Great Play!!

Guiness
05-05-2006, 08:13 AM

That's kind of like the guy who hits 2 home runs opening day in baseball, and they say he's on pace to shatter the record by hitting 320, isn't it?

Scott Campbell
05-05-2006, 08:19 AM

So what did the Eagles get for TO?

Fritz
05-05-2006, 10:24 AM
Great pic, 007. I like the fact that I get to look at a pic of two of the greatest QB's in Green Bay history who both appreciate the other's talents. If only Cecil Isbell (sp?) were around.

And Tank, for a so-called liberal, you sure do seem homophobic. Relax, dude. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Little Whiskey
05-05-2006, 11:16 AM
zig, i was at that game, we had seats in the upper deck, against the rail, as favre makes his way for the sidelines and dives over the goalline, everyone stands up and we cannot see shit. until all arms are raised in the touchdown formation!!!

I miss that old stadium. its like an old pair of shoes. you just can't throw them away cause they are too damn comfy.

Sparkey
05-05-2006, 11:55 AM
zig, i was at that game, we had seats in the upper deck, against the rail, as favre makes his way for the sidelines and dives over the goalline, everyone stands up and we cannot see shit. until all arms are raised in the touchdown formation!!!

I miss that old stadium. its like an old pair of shoes. you just can't throw them away cause they are too damn comfy.

Third World Country Stadium was a dump! Its nice that it is gone. Did he have its place ? Sure, but its time passed 10 years before they tore that piece of crap building down.

KYPack
05-05-2006, 06:06 PM

Third World Country Stadium was a dump! Its nice that it is gone. Did he have its place ? Sure, but its time passed 10 years before they tore that piece of crap building down.

I was at a Brewers game in the late 90's. A guy foulded one off that went up and directly behind the plate. A huge piece of old time corrugated metal came loose and landed in the stands behind the plate. For some reason no one was hit or hurt. It was late in the game and deverybody was basically drunk, so everyone just laughed.

It was a County stadium moment.

MateoInMex
05-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Yes Hottie, I dubbed him Wonderlic Walker..mainly for assasine comments he made about WR's and soldiers in Iraq. (I bring it up over and over because I am obsessive compulsive).