PDA

View Full Version : Tony Palmer

HarveyWallbangers
09-17-2007, 09:46 PM
Sounds like Tony Palmer broke a bone in his neck. He could be lost for the season. I wonder if they'll sign a OL to replace him, or now that Moll is back, they sign somebody at a position they have low numbers at (TE, LB). They kept their best 53, but as guys get injured, you have to figure the roster inbalance might even out a bit.

Joemailman
09-17-2007, 09:53 PM
They do gave a Guard, Cameron Stephenson, on the Practice Squad. I know nothing about him. This is from Packers.com:

Stephenson was a fifth-round pick of the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 2007 NFL Draft. A two-year letterwinner at Rutgers, Stephenson played on the defensive line as a 2005 junior before switching to offensive line as a senior. He started all 12 games at right guard in 2006 and earned second-team All-Big East accolades.

CaliforniaCheez
09-17-2007, 09:55 PM
It depends on the bone, the location of the break, size of the break, and the amount of displacement if any.

Don't panic yet...

HarveyWallbangers
09-17-2007, 10:04 PM
If he's gone more than a couple of weeks, they'll put him on the IL. Like Holiday, there's no room to keep a borderline guy on the roster. Also, I'm not really worried. I was mildly surprised Palmer made the team, and I'd rather get a 3rd TE or 6th LB on the team. Moll is healthy now, so we have a replacement for Palmer.

Bretsky
09-17-2007, 10:11 PM
If he's gone more than a couple of weeks, they'll put him on the IL. Like Holiday, there's no room to keep a borderline guy on the roster. Also, I'm not really worried. I was mildly surprised Palmer made the team, and I'd rather get a 3rd TE or 6th LB on the team. Moll is healthy now, so we have a replacement for Palmer.

Amen; I hope he's OK

Then they will probably DL him and grab a LB or TE if one is out there

HarveyWallbangers
09-17-2007, 10:18 PM
Amen; I hope he's OK

Yes. I'll second that.