PDA

View Full Version : Vernon Davis Humbled

HarveyWallbangers
09-17-2007, 10:39 PM
Not! From fanball.com:

Davis humble after poor game

49ers tight end Vernon Davis had two catches for 23 yards on Sunday, but the second-year player felt that the Cardinals were unable to cover him even once. "There wasn't too much double-team [coverage]," Davis told the Sacramento Bee. "Every route I ran, I got open. Every route."

Lurker64
09-17-2007, 10:39 PM
Sure wish we had this guy on our team...

BF4MVP
09-17-2007, 10:43 PM
I think this was the same guy who breathed a sigh of relief that we didn't draft him...

I was on the Vernon bandwagon before the '06 draft..But now, I, too, am breathing a sigh of relief that we didn't draft him..

Brandon494
09-17-2007, 10:48 PM
Not like AJ Hawk is doing much right now away. I still think this guy could have been a playmaker with Favre but I'm happy with Hawk.

HarveyWallbangers
09-17-2007, 10:53 PM
Not like AJ Hawk is doing much right now away. I still think this guy could have been a playmaker with Favre but I'm happy with Hawk.

Hawk was much better last year. This guy has half the yards that either of our TEs have on a offense that isn't doing very well. Hawk is at least a part of a group that is playing well.

Brandon494
09-17-2007, 11:02 PM
I said I was happy with the pick of Hawk. Just dont understand the bashing of the Davis.

HarveyWallbangers
09-17-2007, 11:04 PM
I said I was happy with the pick of Hawk. Just dont understand the bashing of the Davis.

When a guy talks about how happy he was that he didn't get drafted by Green Bay and also has this type of attitude (this wasn't the first time he's thrown a teammate under the bus), I'm all for piling on when he's down.

Brandon494
09-17-2007, 11:26 PM

When a guy talks about how happy he was that he didn't get drafted by Green Bay and also has this type of attitude (this wasn't the first time he's thrown a teammate under the bus), I'm all for piling on when he's down.

Who cares if he didnt want to come to Green Bays, its his lost. I mean if I wasnt such a die hard Packers fan I think I would rather play for the 49ers rather than Green Bay.

Partial
09-17-2007, 11:32 PM
I sure as heck wouldn't. 3 mil in Green Bay takes you twice as far as it does in San Fran

oregonpackfan
09-18-2007, 05:46 AM
I sure as heck wouldn't. 3 mil in Green Bay takes you twice as far as it does in San Fran

Certainly for housing this is true. Last August, I visitied family and friends in Wauwatosa and Janesville. I couldn't believe the affordability of housing in Wisconsin compared to the housing here on the West Coast!

On top of that, the quality of workmanship was far superior in older, midwestern houses compared to the quality of the new homes being built here out west.

hoosier
09-18-2007, 07:35 AM

If you're making 3 big ones I don't think cost of living means too much.

wist43
09-18-2007, 07:47 AM
He's killing me in FF...

Davis isn't to blame for the niners offensive struggles though. Norv Turner left for SD and that apparently is having a profoundly negative effect. Combine that with Alex Smith's struggles - and you've got a mess.

I watched the first niner game, Smith rarely even looked Davis's way... that's game plan and QB, not Davis. He's only had 7 targets in two games - they're simply not throwing him the ball.

retailguy
09-18-2007, 08:22 AM

You've never been to San Francisco, have you?

HarveyWallbangers
09-18-2007, 09:09 AM
I have. I love the $300,000 shanties.

Wist, Davis would certainly agree with you that it's everybody else's fault.