PDA

View Full Version : If the playoffs were today-week2

CaliforniaCheez
09-18-2007, 05:25 AM
Looking at playoff position through all the tie breakers I have the following:

NFC:

1) 49'ers
2) Lions (better division record than the Packers)

3) Redskins
4) Buccaneers

Wild Cards

5) Packers
6) Cowboys

No cigar

7) Cardinals
8) Seahawks
9) Vikings
10) Panthers
11) Bears

AFC:

1) Steelers
2) Patriots

3) Broncos
4) Colts

Wild Cards

5) Texans
6) Titans

No cigar

7) Browns
8) Bengals
9) Ravens
10) Chargers
11) Jaguars

Don't try this without a spread sheet!!
The outcome of the Monday night game between the NFC Redskins and Eagles determined the difference between the Steelers and Patriots positions.

Early in the season it is very changeable.

oregonpackfan
09-18-2007, 05:39 AM
Oh my! Let the playoff scenarios begin! Only 14 games to go:)

superfan
09-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Most encouraging for the Pack at this point is that the teams that most preseason prognosticators picked to succeed in the NFC are struggling, and the teams that were considered to be bottom feeders are succeeding.

Philadelphia, New Orleans, St. Louis are 0-2. That can only help GB's chances of making the playoffs this year.

Badgerinmaine
09-19-2007, 09:35 AM
The 2-0 conference record's a good start on the tiebreakers, too--as is beating the Eagles HTH.

LL2
09-19-2007, 10:52 AM
The 2-0 conference record's a good start on the tiebreakers, too--as is beating the Eagles HTH.

Lets not get too ahead of ourselves and start talking playoffs yet. The Pack still have much too prove.

BEARMAN
09-19-2007, 10:54 AM
IF frogs had wings !? :roll:

It's week freekin 3 !? :roll:

Zool
09-19-2007, 11:00 AM

Wow that hit a sensitive spot there Bearman? The title of the thread even has an IF.

Joemailman
09-19-2007, 11:00 AM

Glad to see you can count to 3.

MadtownPacker
09-19-2007, 12:03 PM

It's week freekin 3 !? :roll:I agree BM. By week 8 is when the cream starts separating from the crap. Lots of things can happen. Hopefully the bears losing 5 in a row is one of them. :whist:

KYPack
09-19-2007, 04:41 PM
It was so great to hear the analysts go over the eight 2-0 trsms and we were one of 'em!

It's also funny to see how fast they drop teams from the bandwagon. Some of those guys were just raking the Giants over the coals. Season's only two games old, boys.

4and12to12and4
09-19-2007, 05:23 PM
I am going to probably stop the rotation of the earth right now and agree with em'bear'assmentman, and say, come on, give me a break, this thread is ridiculous. Especially at the heels of the Chargers game, which I GUARANTEE a loss. Let's not go here this early. Please?

See Bearman, I don't talk shit about you when you actually make a good point. Keep 'em coming. Maybe we can end up best buds, all my other friends are Bears fans, I live in the Chicagoland area. :roll:

CaliforniaCheez
09-19-2007, 05:56 PM
A number crunching football geek sets up a spreadsheet and is updating it.

I'll give you the numbers each week. You don't have to read them until week 10 or so but I'll keep filling in the numbers and updating.

Note the common opponents aspect of this weekend. Bears already lost to San Diego and Detroit visits Filthydelphia.

Dallas visits the Bears, The 49'ers go to Pittsburg, Bengals at Seahawks.
The Packers could be in very good shape Sunday night.

It will change again next week. Just accept how much reality is going on from week to week.

Green Bud Packer
09-19-2007, 08:34 PM
If the season ended today it would be one short season. I have to agree with Bearsuckman, it's week freekin 3.

Carolina_Packer
09-19-2007, 08:35 PM
I agree BM. By week 8 is when the cream starts separating from the crap. Lots of things can happen. Hopefully the bears losing 5 in a row is one of them. :whist:

You said BM! (insert Beavis and Butthead laughter)

GrnBay007
09-19-2007, 09:43 PM
I agree BM. By week 8 is when the cream starts separating from the crap. Lots of things can happen. Hopefully the bears losing 5 in a row is one of them. :whist:

You said BM! (insert Beavis and Butthead laughter)

http://www.packerpalace.com/blog/beerus-cheezhead.jpg