PDA

View Full Version : Plaxico Burress Is a Cheap Piece of Sh%&!

BlueBrewer
09-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Did anyone see after the play unessecary blindside that Burress put on Hawk. It reminded me of the one Sapp put on Clifton. I wish Popp would have hit him harder. That kind of bullshit should be fined. If that kind of late hit were on a QB it would have been fined. Double standard.

BallHawk
09-18-2007, 04:31 PM
I expect a find to come down on him later this week. I can't imagine that going unseen by the league.

FritzDontBlitz
09-19-2007, 02:36 AM
burrus was cherrypicking like that the entire first half. i like how hawk didnt let him goad him into retaliating. kinda wish poppinga would have kept his cool too, but it was a good reason to take a penalty. you gotta protect your teammates...

MadtownPacker
09-19-2007, 09:28 AM
My only regret is that Poppinga didnt hit him harder.

It's all good though, they took it all out on pretty boy wannabe shockey the whole game. That fool didnt even want to see the ball.

Noodle
09-19-2007, 09:36 AM
I saw the same thing you did, Mad. By the 4th quarter, Shockey looked like he wanted no part of the ass whipping he was taking. He was slow getting up, and there was no spring in his step. Just a beat up MFer.

Which leads to another thing -- when's the last time you remember a Packer D beatin' the hell out of the other team's receivers? Bigby likes to bring the wood, Collins can split a wig, and the LBs are all more than happy to open up the can of whupp ass.

I like it. A lot.

mraynrand
09-19-2007, 09:55 AM
I agree. The Defense really looks like they like to hit people. But you have to give them some credit for reigning it in too. On that personal foul penalty by Plexiglass at the goaline, Barnett shoved him and them Plexi tried to take out Barnett's ankles. The Packers showed restraint and Plexi just couldn't contain himself - I almost wonder if they didn't toss the flag more quickly because they saw him trying to go low for the ankles on Barnett and had a 'lowered threshold' for his BS. in any case, that was some good gamesmanship from the Packers.

Joemailman
09-19-2007, 10:10 AM
This defense has Winston Moss written allover it. It started with Barnett becoming a much more physical player last year under Moss' tutelage. I think that aggressiveness has now spread to the entire defense, perhaps because of Moss' increased coaching responsibilities. The Packers are now intimidating opponent receivers. A far cry from the Sharper/Roman love taps of a few years ago.

BlueBrewer
09-19-2007, 10:46 AM
I agree. The Defense really looks like they like to hit people. But you have to give them some credit for reigning it in too. On that personal foul penalty by Plexiglass at the goaline, Barnett shoved him and them Plexi tried to take out Barnett's ankles. The Packers showed restraint and Plexi just couldn't contain himself - I almost wonder if they didn't toss the flag more quickly because they saw him trying to go low for the ankles on Barnett and had a 'lowered threshold' for his BS. in any case, that was some good gamesmanship from the Packers.

I believe the knee attempt was made by Toomer. A worse cheap shot that the one Burress pulled . He is a cheap piece of shit too.

FritzDontBlitz
09-19-2007, 11:11 AM
My only regret is that Poppinga didnt hit him harder.

It's all good though, they took it all out on pretty boy wannabe shockey the whole game. That fool didnt even want to see the ball.

shockey is so full of shit. he was jawjackin with barnett and the others the entire game. if you get a chance to watch a replay of the game, watch how many times hawk unloads on him as he tries to make the catch. shockey was taking himself out of the game constantly to get treatment for his back. gotta love it.

as for the burruss cheap shot on hawk, the most irritating thing about it was seeing the offensive lineman start clapping and cheering for burruss after he goaded poppy into the penalty. we used to call that "putting shit into the game." seems like that was the only thing the giants were really any good at.

by the way, did you guys count how many g-men were either getting treatment on the sideline or being walked back to the locker room? i think they quit on poor tom coughlin after brett's 3rd td to driver. even pam oliver noted how listless and unconcerned the giants were on their sideline while the game was getting away from them.

the defense beat their asses up proper. :cow: :bump: :knll:

Merlin
09-19-2007, 11:15 AM
All during the game I kept thinking that all we had to do with Shockey was lay the wood to him and he would be ineffective. After Hawk laid him out in the first half, he was a whining baby the rest of the game as predicted.

the_idle_threat
09-19-2007, 11:25 AM
I saw the same thing you did, Mad. By the 4th quarter, Shockey looked like he wanted no part of the ass whipping he was taking. He was slow getting up, and there was no spring in his step. Just a beat up MFer.

Which leads to another thing -- when's the last time you remember a Packer D beatin' the hell out of the other team's receivers? Bigby likes to bring the wood, Collins can split a wig, and the LBs are all more than happy to open up the can of whupp ass.

I like it. A lot.

Agree comepletely, Noodle.

And I agree with FDB above on the Poppinga penalty. I give Popp a complete free pass on that one given 1) the circumstances and 2) the score at the time and the fact it was still early. The penalty didn't "give away the game" to the opponent. In fact, it set the tone for the ass-whuppin they were gonna receive.

Freak Out
09-19-2007, 11:29 AM
I am pissed at the NFLN right now..it's been down for a week and if I miss the chance to record this game (which was not on here) I'm going to be one pissed off Packer fan! Damn it sounds like it was a hell of a game!

mraynrand
09-19-2007, 12:17 PM

I believe the knee attempt was made by Toomer. A worse cheap shot that the one Burress pulled . He is a cheap piece of shit too.

yep, it was Toomer. All the Giant's receivers were annoying, including Shockey at TE. It turned into a cheap shot festival - even Jenkins got flagged late for responding.

Scott Campbell
09-19-2007, 01:48 PM
And I agree with FDB above on the Poppinga penalty. I give Popp a complete free pass on that one given 1) the circumstances and 2) the score at the time and the fact it was still early. The penalty didn't "give away the game" to the opponent.

Unlike Shockey's stupid mental error and penalty the nullified a HUGE gain. Giants fans must be livid with what he did.

FritzDontBlitz
09-20-2007, 01:22 PM
And I agree with FDB above on the Poppinga penalty. I give Popp a complete free pass on that one given 1) the circumstances and 2) the score at the time and the fact it was still early. The penalty didn't "give away the game" to the opponent.

Unlike Shockey's stupid mental error and penalty the nullified a HUGE gain. Giants fans must be livid with what he did.

a delicious irony. the g-women were trying to take the packers defenders out of their game but THEY are the ones who ended up self-destructing: idiot penalties. fumbled kickoff return. eli's punkout int when surrounded by green and gold.

priceless.....

Harlan Huckleby
09-20-2007, 03:11 PM
It's all good though, they took it all out on pretty boy wannabe shockey the whole game.

I would think Shockey would be your kind of player. He talks a lot of smack, and he plays with reckless abandon.

What's not to like? You talk a lot of smack, and we both like you.

woodbuck27
09-20-2007, 03:25 PM
It has seemed to me that that sort of horserap has been a part of the NY Giants the last few seasons esp. since Shockey.

The Giants are a very frustrated team and lost a leader in RB Tikki Barber and that will make them dangerous RE: adversity Vs the opposing side. I don't enjoy seeing cheap shot play.

The Giants !

I'm glad we got throught this game with a win but moreso very glad that we didn't suffer a terrible loss of a key member of our team or realy any member as we need them all over the next three games before the bye.

We have an excellent shot todat at entering that bye week at 3-2 and that would be pleasing and an unexpected result to me as we began week 1.

GO PACK GO !

Maxie the Taxi
09-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Plaxico has a way with women…

May 20, 2007 -- IT'S hard out there for a professional athlete who gets no attention from the usually man-hungry ladies at Clifton, N.J., nightspot The Bliss Club. Sources say New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress insulted female patrons there and "left the club without paying his $2,000 tab."

It seemed that Burress was upset Wednesday night because "no women were paying any attention to him."

Spies at Bliss told Page Six Burress came in at around 11 p.m., but stayed only about 90 minutes. While he lounged at the VIP table overlooking the dance floor, Burress and his crew "kept the cocktail waitress running back and forth," ordering "several rounds of Dom Perignon and Grey Goose."

The worst offense? "He didn't even tip his cocktail waitress," said a source, who noted that Burress and his crew "were obviously on the prowl." At one point, said the witness, Plaxico "got up from his VIP table and approached a group of girls at the bar."
That's when he propositioned a female patron out of the blue. "She just yelled back, 'You've got the wrong girl,' " relates our witness. Burress was spotted storming out minutes later "without returning to his table or paying his tab."

The NFLer, recently praised in the press for attending voluntary workouts during the Giants' off-season, was also snubbing male fans at the club. Spies said he refused to sign the jersey of one who raced home to retrieve it when he learned Burress was there, hoping to get an autograph.

One club regular told us the place is often visited by major sports stars, including Yankees Robinson Cano and Melky Cabrera and Burress' fellow Giant star Brandon Jacobs. "I have never seen a professional athlete behave this way," said the source.
The Bliss Club's bottle-service host, Joe Martino, confirmed the $2,000 bill was not paid by Burress or anyone in his group."

Via a rep for the Giants, Burress confirmed he was at the club, but denied walking out on his tab or propositioning anyone.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05202007/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm

the_idle_threat
09-20-2007, 05:42 PM

a delicious irony. the g-women were trying to take the packers defenders out of their game but THEY are the ones who ended up self-destructing: idiot penalties. fumbled kickoff return. eli's punkout int when surrounded by green and gold.

priceless.....

Absolutely! :five:

the_idle_threat
09-20-2007, 05:43 PM
Plaxico has a way with women…

May 20, 2007 -- IT'S hard out there for a professional athlete who gets no attention from the usually man-hungry ladies at Clifton, N.J., nightspot The Bliss Club. Sources say New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress insulted female patrons there and "left the club without paying his $2,000 tab."

It seemed that Burress was upset Wednesday night because "no women were paying any attention to him."

Spies at Bliss told Page Six Burress came in at around 11 p.m., but stayed only about 90 minutes. While he lounged at the VIP table overlooking the dance floor, Burress and his crew "kept the cocktail waitress running back and forth," ordering "several rounds of Dom Perignon and Grey Goose."

The worst offense? "He didn't even tip his cocktail waitress," said a source, who noted that Burress and his crew "were obviously on the prowl." At one point, said the witness, Plaxico "got up from his VIP table and approached a group of girls at the bar."
That's when he propositioned a female patron out of the blue. "She just yelled back, 'You've got the wrong girl,' " relates our witness. Burress was spotted storming out minutes later "without returning to his table or paying his tab."

The NFLer, recently praised in the press for attending voluntary workouts during the Giants' off-season, was also snubbing male fans at the club. Spies said he refused to sign the jersey of one who raced home to retrieve it when he learned Burress was there, hoping to get an autograph.

One club regular told us the place is often visited by major sports stars, including Yankees Robinson Cano and Melky Cabrera and Burress' fellow Giant star Brandon Jacobs. "I have never seen a professional athlete behave this way," said the source.
The Bliss Club's bottle-service host, Joe Martino, confirmed the $2,000 bill was not paid by Burress or anyone in his group."

Via a rep for the Giants, Burress confirmed he was at the club, but denied walking out on his tab or propositioning anyone.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05202007/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe the chicks at the bar were Giants fans and didn't want him to risk injuring himself in the sack ...