PDA

View Full Version : free at last, free at last

Harlan Huckleby
09-19-2007, 12:43 AM
The NY Times online is totally free again.

They were charging just $30/year to read all of their content. Aparently not enough people were willing to pay it.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2006/04/02/opinion/dowd-ts-190.jpg

I wish Wall Street Journal was free. $80 / year isn't too bad. I guess if you can't afford that, you don't need a subscription.

MadtownPacker
09-19-2007, 09:25 AM
It is also free to go outside and get some fresh air.

Having a life is a good thing baby blue, try it!

Harlan Huckleby
09-19-2007, 09:43 AM
thanks, pal

Patler
09-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Was I the only one who thought Harlan was going to announce his separation from a "significant other" under this headline??? :lol:

Freak Out
09-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Was Maureen Dowd the other? :lol:
Good to see they came to their senses finally.

MadtownPacker
09-19-2007, 12:13 PM
It is also free to go outside and get some fresh air.

Having a life is a good thing baby blue, try it!Maybe I shouldn't say mean things like this because it might hurt someone's feelings and they might say they are going away forever and I wouldn't like that. I need to understand that some people are extra sensitive and get their feelings hurt easily because that can't take a lot of teasing.

Harlan Huckleby
09-19-2007, 12:19 PM
I'm going away forever. and I mean FOREVER forever.

And for your information, I did go outside yesterday, went for 10 mile hike and now have mosquito bites all over my back where I can't scratch. I'm never going outside again, I'm stickin to the internet.

MJZiggy
09-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Harlan, it'll sound crazy, but use the blowdryer on the mosquito bites. It will make it itch really bad for a few seconds and then when that itch stops, you will be itch-free for a few hours. Where else but here are you gonna get cool info like that?

Harlan Huckleby
09-19-2007, 12:25 PM
huh. I suppose it dries out the skin. I don't actually have need for a hair dryer, so don't have one. I suppose I could squeeze air out of my blowup doll. Damn, no kidding, they're driving me nuts. maybe get neighbor to try your witchcraft on me.

Patler
09-19-2007, 12:32 PM
I wouldn't trust MJZ, Harlan; I think you are being set up for a night of misery.

Just scratch the heck out of them until your skin bleeds! :whist: :whist:

MJZiggy
09-19-2007, 12:39 PM
You need heat, Harlan, the supposed physiology of it is that the heat causes the skin to release the histamine (the intense itching) then once all the histamine has been released, it takes a while for the body to regenerate it. So if you don't have a blow dryer, maybe a REALLY hot shower? Or here's an idea, find a girl and ask to borrow her hair dryer.

And Patler, when have you become so untrusting of me? When have I ever steered you wrong???? I'm a little wounded...

Patler
09-19-2007, 12:45 PM
And Patler, when have you become so untrusting of me? When have I ever steered you wrong???? I'm a little wounded...

SSSSHHHHH...this is Harlan we're talking to. Tell him to scratch, and scratch and scratch..... :)

Scott Campbell
09-19-2007, 12:52 PM

SSSSHHHHH...this is Harlan we're talking to. Tell him to scratch, and scratch and scratch..... :)

Wow - cruel bunch. Doesn't he have enough festering problems already?

MJZiggy
09-19-2007, 12:53 PM
Well he is a dog, he's gonna scratch...as long as he doesn't start licking we'll be fine...(if he does it's off to the vet)

Joemailman
09-19-2007, 01:14 PM
Well he is a dog, he's gonna scratch...as long as he doesn't start licking we'll be fine...(if he does it's off to the vet)

If he starts licking, doesn't this thread belong in the Garbage Can?

Harlan Huckleby
09-19-2007, 01:16 PM
http://home.att.net/~donner/designs/mailman.JPG