PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play Predict The Score

Packnut
09-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Ok, let's do this like you have your own hard earned cash on this one. (I do).

When you break this game down, both teams have one tremendous weakness. We can't run and they can't cover. The Charger's DB's pretty much suck so if we can pass protect and pick up the Blitz, Brett will carve that secondary up like a Thanksgiving turkey.

L.T. has been shut down for 2 games now. He scares the hell out of me cause it's only a matter of time. I was a little un-happy with our interior line against NY. They were a tad inconsistent. The key here is our scheme. The Charger's WR's do not scare HS teams let alone Harris and Woodson. Big advantage to us. In passing downs, cover Gates with a LB AND Saftey. On run downs, play Bigby in the box. If we have to use 8 in the box, so be it. You cannot let Tomlinson beat ya. If your gonna lose, make Rivers have a career day to do it, but I don't believe he can.

Packers 17
San Diego 14

Now I know, this will seem like a "homer" pick, but based on what both teams have shown the first 2 weeks, it's not that far-fetched..........

HarveyWallbangers
09-19-2007, 02:01 PM
Playing San Diego after a loss is going to be tough. They have great talent, and that will eventually show up. Let's not forget they did beat Chicago. If not for a bad call, they would have beaten them handily. New England loss by 30+ points to Buffalo early a few years ago, and then on to win the Super Bowl. I have doubts whether the Chargers will win the Super Bowl because of the coaching staff, but I have little doubt they'll be one of the best teams in the league.

San Diego 24, Green Bay 9

Packnut
09-19-2007, 02:03 PM
Playing San Diego after a loss is going to be tough. They have great talent, and that will eventually show up. Let's not forget they did beat Chicago. If not for a bad call, they would have beaten them handily. New England loss by 30+ points to Buffalo early a few years ago, and then on to win the Super Bowl. I have doubts whether the Chargers will win the Super Bowl because of the coaching staff, but I have little doubt they'll be one of the best teams in the league.

San Diego 24, Green Bay 9

I believe the Bears are gonna be exposed over the next few weeks which will prove the Chargers win against them has less meaning.

Joemailman
09-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Packers improved their point production by 19 points from week 1 to week 2 They gave up 13 points both weeks. So to me it looks like:

Packers 54
Chargers 13

cheesner
09-19-2007, 02:14 PM
I like the Packers chances now more than I did 3 weeks ago. I think they have a legitimate opportunity here. Norv has had far more impact more quickly than I could have imagined. The GM down in SD has to be thinking, 'maybe Marty wasn't such a bad guy after all.'

Favre has historically played poorly after having a great game. I think all the positive press goes to his head.

Anyhow, I can't predict against the Pack:

Packers 27
Chargers 24

MJZiggy
09-19-2007, 02:17 PM
The GM down in SD has to be thinking, 'maybe Marty wasn't such a bad guy after all.'

Hey, maybe if he thinks that, then he'll figure any Shottenheimer will do, right? Then he'll hire Kurt and we won't have to deal with him anymore.

LEWCWA
09-19-2007, 02:18 PM
SD-27
GB-14

BEARMAN
09-19-2007, 02:18 PM
I believe that the Chargers will bounce back from last weeks loss and hand GB their first loss (of many) this season. LT has an axe to grind, no way he is held down 3 weeks in a row. Farve falls back into his old ways of throwing INT's and making rushed/bad choices. The pack of old shows up as the Chargers beat them, 27 - 13.

MTPackerfan
09-19-2007, 02:42 PM
I predict it will be
Packers 13
San Diego 10

fan4life
09-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Packers 24
Bolts 21

It will be a contest until the 4th quarter (maybe even OT), but GB will win by a FG.

fan4life
09-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Favre falls back into his old ways of throwing INT's and making rushed/bad choices. The pack of old shows up as the Chargers beat them, 27 - 13.
:lol: You're in for a long season, bear fan.

oregonpackfan
09-19-2007, 03:30 PM
I think the Chargers will bounce back. The Packers will still struggle with their run blocking.

Chargers 28

Packers 17

Badgepack
09-19-2007, 03:32 PM
Packers - 31

Chargers - 24

Packnut
09-19-2007, 03:35 PM
I believe that the Chargers will bounce back from last weeks loss and hand GB their first loss (of many) this season. LT has an axe to grind, no way he is held down 3 weeks in a row. Favre falls back into his old ways of throwing INT's and making rushed/bad choices. The pack of old shows up as the Chargers beat them, 27 - 13.

And as a Bear fan, you would be an expert on INT's and rushed/bad choices. After all, you have THE KING OF THEM! After those 2 your boy threw last Sunday, you should exhibit a bit more class and not cast stones at anyone else............ :roll:

BEARMAN
09-19-2007, 03:57 PM
I believe that the Chargers will bounce back from last weeks loss and hand GB their first loss (of many) this season. LT has an axe to grind, no way he is held down 3 weeks in a row. Favre falls back into his old ways of throwing INT's and making rushed/bad choices. The pack of old shows up as the Chargers beat them, 27 - 13.

And as a Bear fan, you would be an expert on INT's and rushed/bad choices. After all, you have THE KING OF THEM! After those 2 your boy threw last Sunday, you should exhibit a bit more class and not cast stones at anyone else............ :roll:

I am just writing what I think, not that it matter much in here, but untill some one, (of importance) tells me otherwise, I am going to add my .02 when ever I see fit, Thank you very much, good day.

Him8123
09-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Packers 24

Chargers 21

The Leaper
09-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Chargers 23
Packers 13

Can't see our offense doing much against SD.

rpiotr01
09-19-2007, 04:21 PM
GB - 16

SD - 14

Ugly slug fest.

LT busts one long TD run, that's your highlight reel.

Win or lose, I don't see either team scoring over 20. I don't see how GB scores over 20, anyway.

4and12to12and4
09-19-2007, 04:29 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am just writing what I think, not that it matter much in here, but untill some one, (of importance) tells me otherwise, I am going to add my .02 when ever I see fit, Thank you very much, good day.

Hello, em'bear'assmentman, let me introduce myself to you, I am Mr. Importance. I find it humorous that you are back in our forum after disappearing after week one, showing that you have no balls. Having said that, Brett does throw picks more than some, however, a lot of them are due to bad receiver routes, tipped balls, etc. Plus, he has just about every important stat in his pocket or about to be in his pocket in NFL history, a Superbowl ring, and three MVP's in the league, all, by the way, during Barry Sanders reign in the NFL. No one in their right mind should come in here talking shit about one of if not THE greatest QB of all time. Fans and broadcasters for the next twenty years will be comparing ALL other great QB's to Mr. Favre. Grossman throws STUPID picks when pressured simply because he sucks, and has done nothing in this league to even be considered "adequate". Most Bears fans will even admit that if Griese were your QB last year, you may have won the Superbowl, considering that Grossman basically lost it on his own with his fumbles and picks. So, you might want to jump over the homer wagon and recognize greatness when you see it. Brett Favre won the game for us against the Giants @ New York, while Grossman did everything he could to lose the Chiefs game for you're beloved em'bear'assments, fortunately for you, the Chiefs had a pathetic offensive game plan and no receivers.

Until YOUR OWN fans stop BOOING this idiot off the field every home game, you might want to keep your conversations away from the QB position. Favre at the age of 38 threw three touchdown passes last Sunday, one approximately 100 miles an hour. Grossman isn't worthy to even get an autograph from Mr. Brett. You are in denial, and will remain so as long as your idiot coach keeps this 5'10" (he's listed at 6' and it's bullshit, I was at training camp and stood right next to him, and I'm 6' and I was at least two inches taller than him), small handed, nobody at the helms of an otherwise very good team. The best thing I like about Mr. Lovey is his commitment to his below average QB. I saw throws from him under pressure Sunday that made me actually laugh out loud.

I do agree that we will lose to the Chargers, but, who cares, we'll still be 2-1, which is the best you guys can be. They already kicked you're ass and I guarantee Favre will have at least double the numbers against them than your boy. My prediction is 24-13 Chargers. They are pissed off because of the Patriots, and we will pay for that. But, it will be a great learning experience for the YOUNGEST team in the NFL, who happens to be in first place above the shitty Bears right now. Eat crow Bearass, and don't come in here talking shit and not expect to get a mouthful of it back from me.

BEARMAN
09-19-2007, 04:56 PM
4&12to12&4, you sir have a potty mouth ! :roll:

Please refrain from refering to my testees to help make your point. I do not point out that your family tree in fact does not branch. You can say what ever you like about the beloved BEARS, but your personel attacks tward me are uncalled for. If you think I will leave because you say thease dispicable things, you are mistaken, I like it here and plann to grace this place with my presence for some time to come.

4and12to12and4
09-19-2007, 05:10 PM

Please refrain from refering to my testees to help make your point. I do not point out that your family tree in fact does not branch. You can say what ever you like about the beloved BEARS, but your personel attacks tward me are uncalled for. If you think I will leave because you say thease dispicable things, you are mistaken, I like it here and plann to grace this place with my presence for some time to come.

I know you aren't going to leave because of me. I want you to stay around. The only thing that gets you to leave is when the Bears lose. That's why I have no respect for you. Do yourself a favor and study the posts that Rastak puts up here. He is a bonified Vikings fan. But, he, unlike you doesn't come in here talking shit and provoking people. He is family to us. You could be too. Unfortunately, you're posts have an edge to them, and you attack the Packers, and say stupid things about Favre and won't at least admit that you would LOVE to have had him on your squad the last fifteen years. With your defense, you'd probably have 5 Superbowl rings. But you bring your "biased" ridiculous comments that show you're football ignorance or just plain homerism, and that's fine with me, but expect to get shit on when you do it. Don't blame me for you're attitude and ridiculous posts here. Show some respect, and you will be respected. Until then, well ...

Packnut
09-19-2007, 06:31 PM

BEARMAN- your missing the point. Favre has OWNED your teams freakin collective ass through-out his career . NO BEARS FAN has the right to criticize #4 after what he has accomplished against YOUR team.

Now, rant on against the Pack all ya want. That is understandable . However, when it comes to Favre, do what every Bear's fan should do, lower your eyes to the ground and feel ashamed-very ashamed.......... :lol: :lol:

BEARMAN
09-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Forgive me, I am not dissin lord farve, well I am, but not like that. He is one of the top 5 QB's to ever have played the game of football. Yes, he has had Da BEARS number for a long, long time, but that rein is almost over, he is on his way out. I give the man his due respect, by all means yes, he was good, no, great. "Was" being the key word. By not cultivating a replacment for lord farve, the pack is setting themselves up for a QB carrasel much like the BEARS have endured. Mr. Farve is undoubtable a HOF'er, but he is now way as good as he once was, nor doese he have the playmakers around him as he did before. He himself stated that when he is in the huddle he asks himself who are thease guys. The heart is still there, but the body can't get er done any more. And in trying to do so he is hurting the pack by not allowing them to move on to a new QB. He should retire after this season, if not sooner. Just my .02

Harlan Huckleby
09-19-2007, 06:49 PM
And in trying to do so he is hurting the pack by not allowing them to move on to a new QB. He should retire after this season, if not sooner. Just my .02

Favre has played at the top of his game in the regular season. Rogers looked great in the preseason. You should check out Packer games sometime.

mmmdk
09-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Chargers 34 Packers 17

GrnBay007
09-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Packers 10

Chargers 6

Bretsky
09-19-2007, 09:03 PM
SD 23
GB 9

GrnBay007
09-19-2007, 09:08 PM
SD 23
GB 9

Hey B.....just remember, you only bet with me. :twisted:

Bretsky
09-19-2007, 09:11 PM
SD 23
GB 9

Yes, I do recall those day...back when I had faith you'd pay up on time :wink:

HarveyWallbangers
09-19-2007, 09:15 PM
SD 23
GB 9

Copycat.

Bretsky
09-19-2007, 09:18 PM
SD 23
GB 9

Copycat.

Did you predict that; to be honest I didn't read any posts. My logic was GB may move the ball but I don't think they will be able to be effective in the red zone. But if you went with that, dammit, I'm changing then

SD 23
GB 12

Packnut
09-19-2007, 09:20 PM
Forgive me, I am not dissin lord Favre, well I am, but not like that. He is one of the top 5 QB's to ever have played the game of football. Yes, he has had Da BEARS number for a long, long time, but that rein is almost over, he is on his way out. I give the man his due respect, by all means yes, he was good, no, great. "Was" being the key word. By not cultivating a replacment for lord Favre, the pack is setting themselves up for a QB carrasel much like the BEARS have endured. Mr. Favre is undoubtable a HOF'er, but he is now way as good as he once was, nor doese he have the playmakers around him as he did before. He himself stated that when he is in the huddle he asks himself who are thease guys. The heart is still there, but the body can't get er done any more. And in trying to do so he is hurting the pack by not allowing them to move on to a new QB. He should retire after this season, if not sooner. Just my .02

"The body can't get it done anymore"? Perhaps you missed the 100 MPH laser Mr Favre tossed to Mr Driver in the back of the end zone against NY? I don't know how you could have missed it since it's been on ESPN and NFL network about a 1000 times.

In fact Salsbury foamed over it on NFL Live today. Even Favre's most harshest critics are now saying they may have been pre-mature. A writer on around the horn yesterday admitted to writing Favre should retire for the last few years and stated HE WAS WRONG!

About the only person who's shares your views is Shadow and in this case the Shadow and you both know NOTHING!

retailguy
09-19-2007, 09:23 PM
I tend to shy away from game predictions, but this one has me really worried.

sd 31

gb 17

I just hope we look good getting the 17. We need another solid game to go with last week. no regressing permitted!

HarveyWallbangers
09-19-2007, 09:25 PM
SD 23
GB 9

Copycat.

Did you predict that; to be honest I didn't read any posts. My logic was GB may move the ball but I don't think they will be able to be effective in the red zone. But if you went with that, dammit, I'm changing then

SD 23
GB 12

No, I went with 24-9, but it seemed a little too close for my liking.
:five:

GrnBay007
09-19-2007, 09:32 PM
SD 23
GB 9

Yes, I do recall those day...back when I had faith you'd pay up on time :wink:

Actually, if you look at the Official Scorecard, you will see you owe me more than I owe you. I'm just much more patient. 8-)

HarveyWallbangers
09-19-2007, 09:34 PM
Where is the official scorecard? I'd like to see it.

RashanGary
09-19-2007, 09:35 PM
This one is too close to call. Favre, McCarthy and that Oline seem focused on getting better and not letting up. For a team that is 2-0, they talk like they have barely won a game and are hungry to prove that they are capable of more. I could see the Packers winning this.

The Packers will be down by 7 after the half. Favre will get one big play on the mediocre SD secondary to close the gap early in the 4th quarter. The Packers will win on a last minute field goal by Crosby.

3-0 BABY!!

Chargers 23, Packers 24

RashanGary
09-19-2007, 09:38 PM
I think our Dline and fast LB's match up well against LT. Harris and Woodson will handle the WR's. Collins and Bigby will lay some monster hits on Gates.

As far as our offense goes, they made big steps from game one to game two. I think they are capable of a similar step from two to three. Jamal Williams is knicked up. That defense is not the same without him 100%

Bretsky
09-19-2007, 09:43 PM
I think our Dline and fast LB's match up well against LT. Harris and Woodson will handle the WR's. Collins and Bigby will lay some monster hits on Gates.

As far as our offense goes, they made big steps from game one to game two. I think they are capable of a similar step from two to three. Jamal Williams is knicked up. That defense is not the same without him 100%

Our CB's matchup well with their WR's, but I'm quite worried about stopping Gates. With his threat at TE we can't cheat up too much on LT.

Even if we move the ball I think we'll be very red zone challenged

pack4to84
09-19-2007, 09:46 PM
38 Packers
16 SD

27 Cowboys
3 crybaby bears

GrnBay007
09-19-2007, 10:04 PM

B would be kinda of embarrassed.....let's not put him through that lol :wink:

Bretsky
09-19-2007, 10:05 PM

B would be kinda of embarrassed.....let's not put him through that lol :wink:

I'm changing back to 23-9 since it's not the exact same score as HW anyways
Because I want to be exactly right :lol:

b bulldog
09-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Chargers 27 Packers 17

The lack of a running game will kill the Pack in this game. Jamaal Williams is fine and will absoluely dominate the interior and Merriman will eat upour slow OT's. :cry:

BEARMAN
09-19-2007, 11:42 PM
38 Packers
16 SD

27 Cowboys
3 crybaby bears

LMAO ! :roll:

Look who's drinking Kool-aid now ! :doh:

the_idle_threat
09-20-2007, 12:34 AM
Packers

Chargers

1/4

wpony
09-20-2007, 02:23 AM
Packers 24 chargers 17

footballfever
09-20-2007, 02:42 AM
Sounds like the Chargers are going to be missing RT Shane Olivea so they'll be going with Jeromey Clary which is a HUGE advantage for the Packers, Kampman should be in the backfield all day. I like the matchup with our corners versus their recievers and if we can figure out a good enough scheme to stop gates we should have them pretty well locked on offense. LT will break a few runs but we'll put the stop on them once they get down to their 35 yardline or so, same thing we've done all year. On defense sounds like ILB Matt Wilhelm will be out with Tim Dobbins replacing him, again another huge drop off in talent. I expect Favre to continue to pick apart defenses, they send a lot of exotic blitzes. Favre has the ability to read and react as well if not better than any other quarterback in the league. I don't expect this to be close either way, with a returning Jennings and Morency I'm hopin for good things to happen on offense.

Pack- 44
Chargers- 20

KYPack
09-20-2007, 08:18 AM
Packers 31
Bolts 28

Haven't picked against GB all year, it's be bad luck to start now.

SkinBasket
09-20-2007, 09:22 AM
Headlines for Monday Sept 24th:

Packers Keep Perfect Season Hopes Alive, Down Bolts 16-10

Wynn of Change: 7th Rounder Doubles 2nd Rounder's Production

Bridge Over Troubled Waters? Concussed Rivers Out, Volek Unimpressive

4and12to12and4
09-20-2007, 10:32 AM
Wow, there are way too many homers here. Are you kidding me? I thought I saw a 44points for GB in there somewhere? Come on guys, don't set yourself up for a depressing week next week. The Chargers are the real deal, and are pissed right now. Granted, the Patriots probably practiced with tapes they already had from the Chargers game the week before, some covert fan at the game with a camera, but they will be looking to make a statement. I don't know if we are going to be prepared for it.

On the other hand, going against the Bears "D" twice a year, and going against the Eagles "D" week one will undoubtably help our team realize how to handle exotic blitzes and speedy backers. So, we should hold our own, I just think we're gonna lose the turnover battle and lose 27-17. I hope all you homers are right, but if not, hey, so what, they are a great team, and we'll still be 2-1 and at worst tied with the Bears. Go Pack.

superfan
09-21-2007, 01:31 PM
Chargers 23, Packers 10

One of the two TDs scored by SD is defensive.

Shawn Merriman against the 2007 versions of Clifton and Tauscher scares me.

Partial
09-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Headlines for Monday Sept 24th:

Packers Keep Perfect Season Hopes Alive, Down Bolts 16-10

Wynn of Change: 7th Rounder Doubles 2nd Rounder's Production

Bridge Over Troubled Waters? Concussed Rivers Out, Volek Unimpressive

Merriman puts River's "lights out" in a post-game rage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e4YBVhCRvE

SkinBasket
09-21-2007, 03:40 PM
Merriman puts River's "lights out" in a post-game rage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e4YBVhCRvE

That video almost gives me homophobia.

Green Bud Packer
09-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Our CB's matchup well with their WR's, but I'm quite worried about stopping Gates.

Rivers throws high and exposes his receivers and the way the safteys have been hitting I think it's gonna be a hurt fest.

Pack 24
Chargers 13

swede
09-21-2007, 09:58 PM
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/nlp_weekly_reframe_blind.jpg

The cows are telling me...

GB 26

SD 24

Four FG by Crosby

1 TD DD

esoxx
09-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Packers 3
Chargers 2

woodbuck27
09-22-2007, 05:29 AM
This is a huge game for both sides.

Could the Chargers lose two in a row after losing only two all last season? Yes.

Will it happen? NO!

The Giants ran out of gas as Eli Manning succumbed and generally lousy play by the Giants on both sides of the ball ensued. We saw Favre play better than we have for some time because the OL managed to buy him time.

I hope that MM instructed that.

The Packers will get the real thing in this match-up and San Diego is a far better team. They have a running game and the best RB LT. They have far and wide the finest TE in the game.They have a young QB that plays his role. They have decent WR's that can score. I believe their two best are better than our two best as in Packer (DD) - Charger - Charger - Packer (any other after Driver), the Chargers have a very good "D" as well.

We lose this one.

Chargers 27 - Packers 13

Bretsky
09-22-2007, 09:40 PM
PETE PRISCO AT CBSSPORTSLINE

The Chargers are playing their second consecutive road game, while the surprise 2-0 Packers are feeling pretty good about their start. The Chargers don't have anything vertical in their offense, and the Packers have two good cover corners. That will make for tough going for L.T. The Packers go to 3-0.

GB 23
SD 14

chain_gang
09-22-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm going with 23-17 Green bay wins it in OT. How? Green Bay wins the toss and Williams returns the Kickoff to the Endzone for the game winning TD.

4and12to12and4
09-22-2007, 10:45 PM
Packers 3
Chargers 2

:smk:

Funny stuff. Although, it is actually a possibility.

Kiwon
09-23-2007, 03:12 AM
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/_logos/60packers.gifhttp://images.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/_thumbs/lock2.jpg Skip Wood of USA Today has the Packers as his lock pick of the week. :shock:

It's nice to see some in the national sports media like Green and Gold Kool-Aid.

It would be so cool if the Packers shut down LT and the boys and made everyone at Lambeau very, very happy with a win.

Go Pack!

MJZiggy
09-23-2007, 09:31 AM
I just hope after the win today everyone doesn't suddenly decide SD is a crappy team like they did when we beat the Eagles.

Iron Mike
09-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Packers - 31

Chargers - 24

:worship: :worship: :worship:

One for each victory this year!!!! :P

Harlan Huckleby
09-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Packers - 31

Chargers - 24

:worship: :worship: :worship:

One for each victory this year!!!! :P

Did Badgepack really predict it exactly!?

I don't beleive. He probably edited the post. Or maybe he used TiVo to watch the game ahead of time.

cheesner
09-23-2007, 03:47 PM
Packers - 31

Chargers - 24

NICE!

superfan
09-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Kudos to Badgepack!!

I've never been happier to be wrong with my prediction.

Kiwon
09-23-2007, 04:46 PM
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/_logos/60packers.gifhttp://images.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/_thumbs/lock2.jpg Skip Wood of USA Today has the Packers as his lock pick of the week. :shock:

It's nice to see some in the national sports media like Green and Gold Kool-Aid.

It would be so cool if the Packers shut down LT and the boys and made everyone at Lambeau very, very happy with a win.

Go Pack!

Well, how 'bout this guy? Can you imagine the laughs he got from his peers when he came in with this pick?

Kudos to him for sticking his neck out on a national media stage.

The Pack is becoming the Saints of 2006 - people WANT to see them do well again. One more win or two and the bandwagon will start to get filled up.

Badgepack
09-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Packers - 31

Chargers - 24

Do I get a prize or something?