PDA

View Full Version : Where is Fosco33?

outflow
09-20-2007, 06:12 AM
From QA with LeRoy Butler

Q: Please explain what the Packers' Quarters Coverage is. Specifically what are the DB's and LB's responsibilities? - John Bertuso, Kingsport TN

A: This is real easy. Quarters coverage is if you take the football field and split it into four quarters. Both cornerbacks have the outside quarters of the field and cover the two wide receivers. The two safeties are 8 to 12 yards deep. It's four across the board. I'll cover the guy who comes in my quarters you cover the guy in your quarters. For example, the Packers were in a quarters coverage when Plaxico Burress scored on that post route. He got behind Atari Bigby. He has to play deep to short. Everybody has a quarter and if Plaxico had gone back out to the corner it would have been the cornerback's man, Al Harris. But he was throwing it to Bigby's quarter. That's not on Al Harris, it's on the safety. There should be no deep passes completed in quarters coverage. Everything should be in front of you.

HarveyWallbangers
09-20-2007, 09:04 AM
I'm missing something. Is Fosco a big Bigby supporter? Bigby hater? Is this supposed to prove he's playing bad? Please fill me in. For the record, Harris said it was his fault. He could be lying though. That might mean he respects Bigby enough to cover his back--something nobody did for Manuel last year. It happens. It hasn't happened a lot like last year. At least, the guy wasn't running free. Those are the plays that drive me nuts.

woodbuck27
09-20-2007, 02:47 PM

Q: Please explain what the Packers' Quarters Coverage is. Specifically what are the DB's and LB's responsibilities? - John Bertuso, Kingsport TN

A: This is real easy. Quarters coverage is if you take the football field and split it into four quarters. Both cornerbacks have the outside quarters of the field and cover the two wide receivers. The two safeties are 8 to 12 yards deep. It's four across the board. I'll cover the guy who comes in my quarters you cover the guy in your quarters. For example, the Packers were in a quarters coverage when Plaxico Burress scored on that post route. He got behind Atari Bigby. He has to play deep to short. Everybody has a quarter and if Plaxico had gone back out to the corner it would have been the cornerback's man, Al Harris. But he was throwing it to Bigby's quarter. That's not on Al Harris, it's on the safety. There should be no deep passes completed in quarters coverage. Everything should be in front of you.

As I viewed that great TD by P. Burriss Al Harris was a good leap away fr. knocking that pass down.

I only saw the pklay during the game live and in the replay but it struck me at that time that if Harris was 100% he would have prevented that reception by getting in the air.

I may have 'of course' seen it wrong. :)

GO PACK GO !

Partial
09-20-2007, 02:48 PM

As I viewed that great TD by P. Burriss Al Harris was a good leap away fr. knocking that pass down.

I only saw the pklay during the game live and in the replay but it struck me at that time that if Harris was 100% he would have prevented that reception by getting in the air.

GO PACK GO !

You did see it wrong. That pass was so on the money. Nobody breaks that up. Besides, who cares? One great play by an offense does not take anything away from our accomplishment.

woodbuck27
09-20-2007, 03:13 PM

GO PACK GO !

You did see it wrong. That pass was so on the money. Nobody breaks that up. Besides, who cares? One great play by an offense does not take anything away from our accomplishment.

I also agree with you Partial. That route by Plaxico Burriss and pass fr. E. Manning was solid.

P. Burriss really slipped in behind Al Harris beautifully; but Harris was certainly close to being certainly capable of, if not able (injury) to knock it down.

I certainly don't fault anyone on that play as we are aware that Al Harris wasn't playing at 100%.

woodbuck27
09-20-2007, 03:15 PM
By the way Fosco33. . .

was involved in the Packers at NY Giants game thread and is doing well in the Pro Pick'em.

Fosco33 is alive and well I hope and trust. :)

HarveyWallbangers
09-20-2007, 04:43 PM
#20, Bigby, was the guy that jumped to bat the ball away.