PDA

View Full Version : A little optimism on the Jennings front

RashanGary
09-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Updating a previous post, coach Mike McCarthy said receiver James Jones "tweaked" his hamstring in practice this morning and was sent for rehabilitation as a precaution.

"I'm a little nervous," McCarthy said. "He wanted to practice, but he got sent up top."

Brushing past reporters in the locker room, Jones was asked whether he's concerned about the injury. He responded, "Nah."

Meanwhile, receiver Greg Jennings (hamstring) "passed his test" today and could return to practice Friday if he feels good in the morning.

"I told him, 'Call me as soon as you get up,'" McCarthy said.

Al Harris (back) felt better today, but fellow cornerback Charles Woodson (hip) was about the same, McCarthy said.

Running back Vernand Morency was sore again after participating in part of practice Wednesday and won't play this week.

"Another week or two will help him," McCarthy said. "I think if this was a playoff game, he'd be out there playing."

UPDATE: Jones was the only player added to the Packers' injury report this afternoon. He was listed in the "limited participation" category. TE Bubba Franks (knee), WR Greg Jennings (hamstring) and DT Corey Williams (ankle) joined Jones after falling in the "did not participate" category Wednesday. The Chargers' injury report should arrive early this evening.

RashanGary
09-20-2007, 05:17 PM
If Jennings is close to 100%, this is a huge addition even if Jones is out. Jennings can be a down field threat, a guy who can make the mediocre SD secondary pay for any mistakes.

Harlan Huckleby
09-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Running back Vernand Morency was sore again after participating in part of practice Wednesday and won't play this week.

Wow, this is really frustrating. I don't understand how he can be healed enough to run and cut OK, then have it regress the next day. I can easily see this happening once, but three weeks in a row is just strange, it sounds like there is more underlying damage there that is not going to heal any time soon.

Freak Out
09-20-2007, 05:40 PM
We need Jennings and Morency back on the field and contributing.....enough of the pussy footing around, rub an aspirin on it and go. I thought Jones was ok?

Him8123
09-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Thats really good encouraging news about Jennings, looks like he could possibly be back this week. I wouldn`t worry about Jones, if the player says their not worried and not in all that much pain he`ll probably still play. Probably just needs to rest it a day or so.

Rastak
09-20-2007, 07:58 PM

Wow, this is really frustrating. I don't understand how he can be healed enough to run and cut OK, then have it regress the next day. I can easily see this happening once, but three weeks in a row is just strange, it sounds like there is more underlying damage there that is not going to heal any time soon.

Oh, haven't you ever pulled a muscle? You rest it...it feels good, in my case I tell the wife it's fine....then limp in the door when the match is done. It's fine until you explode or burst and then you feel as bad as you ever did. You feel like you are back at square one. I pulled an abdominal last summer and it was like that all fall. It never healed until winter hit.

4and12to12and4
09-20-2007, 08:06 PM
Well, as far as Woodson's injury, I think that MM and Chuck made an agreement last year that they would pretend he had a minor injury all week so he doesn't have to practice, and then be suddenly healed on Sunday. Works for me, cuz it worked for him last year.

KYPack
09-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Read Rastak's post and learn it kids.

Those big muscles need a ton of rest.

I've had a pulled quad, torn and strained hamstrings and a torn tricep. Just when you think yer healed, boom, you are right back where you started. I honestly think the best thing to do with Jennings is rest him until the bye. Yeah that's a ton of time, but then you will get him back this year. if you keep dicking around with it this way, he will keep re-tweaking the thing all year long.

4and12to12and4
09-20-2007, 09:38 PM

I've had a pulled quad, torn and strained hamstrings and a torn tricep. Just when you think yer healed, boom, you are right back where you started. I honestly think the best thing to do with Jennings is rest him until the bye. Yeah that's a ton of time, but then you will get him back this year. if you keep dicking around with it this way, he will keep re-tweaking the thing all year long.

I completely agree. Hamstring injurys (I've had three) will feel great within a day or two of the strain, and light training and running doesn't aggravate it. The only thing that will reaggravate it is running full speed and as you stride you stretch the muscle to it's peak, when that happens, if there is even a tiny bit of unhealed muscle in their at all, it WILL get reinjured and usually even worse. Let him have at least a few weeks off and get him back 100% a few weeks from now. Better than losing him for the rest of the season over something so minor if attended to probably.

Freak Out
09-20-2007, 09:43 PM

I've pulled both quads at the same before and it sucked...I was much older than Jennings and I think my body needed a little more time than a young man would to fully heal but felt the effects of it for two months.

Scott Campbell
09-20-2007, 09:53 PM
I'd error on the side of caution with hammy's. A week or two more just to be safe isn't going to kill our chances.

Fritz
09-21-2007, 06:51 AM
Time and NFL football wait for no hamstring.

I usually err on the side of caution in terms of my opinions about resting players with these types of injuries, but Jennings is beginning to worry me a bit.

As for Morency, if that dude doesn't hit the field in the next few weeks, he may be hitting the streets. Not that the Pack has a ton of talent, but the guy is not completely indispensible.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-21-2007, 07:31 AM

If we rest him until the bye, I will definitely label him as injury prone. What happened to Driver's injury, I thought everyone was worried it would nag him all year? Sure doesn't look that way to me. If a minor hamstring injury keeps him out until the bye, I will grade his toughness as a zero.

Favre breaks his thumb in his throwing hand and still puts up good numbers.

I've had a hamstring injury before when I used to play soccer and missed only one game (one week). I was running full speed and didn't bother me at all the following week. It bothered me for like 3-4 days, but it got better and I played. If a minor hammy is going to keep you out for now 3 weeks, YOU ARE SOFT, PERIOD.

Carolina_Packer
09-21-2007, 08:46 AM
That's why the Lord invented corizone shots!

MadtownPacker
09-21-2007, 08:49 AM
it feels good, in my case I tell the wife it's fine....then limp in the door when the match is done.Wow, just like when a warrior comes back from battle. :laugh: :oops:

MJZiggy
09-21-2007, 10:01 AM
it feels good, in my case I tell the wife it's fine....then limp in the door when the match is done.Wow, just like when a warrior comes back from battle. :laugh: :oops:

And the last time you played in a match of any kind was when???

Harlan Huckleby
09-21-2007, 11:47 AM
As for Morency, if that dude doesn't hit the field in the next few weeks, he may be hitting the streets. Not that the Pack has a ton of talent, but the guy is not completely indispensible.

Thompson should have put him on the 6-week pup. guess that is a little hindsight.

MadtownPacker
09-21-2007, 12:59 PM
And the last time you played in a match of any kind was when???The last match of any kind was probably when me and you matched wits but that wasn't much of a contest.

Tennis is cool when it is one of those euro chicks or the W Sistas playing. Just for a few minutes though.

MJZiggy
09-21-2007, 01:01 PM
Just for a few minutes though.

Yeah, I've heard that's about what you're good for.... :taunt:

:whist:

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Partial
09-21-2007, 01:30 PM
And the last time you played in a match of any kind was when???The last match of any kind was probably when me and you matched wits but that wasn't much of a contest.

Tennis is cool when it is one of those euro chicks or the W Sistas playing. Just for a few minutes though.

no partial reference. Damn b, and I thought we were tight

Zool
09-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Just for a few minutes though.

Yeah, I've heard that's about what you're good for.... :taunt:

:whist:

:oops: :oops: :oops:

See Mad, what she's saying here is that you're inadequate in the bedroom.