PDA

View Full Version : HEADSET RADIOS--HELP REQUESTED

Bretsky
09-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Any suggestions on a high end headset radio with an antennae ? I'm looking for something high end that will serve three purposes

1. I see these old geezers riding on their riding lawn mower with a headset radio with an antennae on with a beer in their hand. With the Lawn Mower going, the headsets obviously block out sound as well as get great receptions. I want to be like those old geeezers

2. For da better looking half, I want it to function at games at Lambeau Field so my wife can listen to local Packer Broadcasts while she's at the game. Like most girls, she's not as smart as I am :lol: (j/k) so she doesn't know all the players so this will add to her experience.

3. When I need to escape from all the females in the household I'd like to take a walk in the neighborhood. But walks are Dam Boring. So I'd have this to listen to ESPN Radio while I'm walking.

I'd fully expect to pay $2-300 for one of these. Can anybody offer suggestions or URL's where I can look at some ideas ?

Thanks in Advance,
B

Partial
09-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Why not just get a 20 dollar walkman?

Bretsky
09-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Why not just get a 20 dollar walkman?

Will not work with lawn mowing
Does not get AM stations well enough
I don't want to have to hold anything or attach it to myself.\

Overall I'm a cheapskate at nearly everything; but with this I'm looking for something for very specific purposes. I have the Walkman

Little Whiskey
09-20-2007, 06:45 PM
Bretsky, i might be able to help a bit with the first part of your request. I have an old portable cd player. I think it was given by a bank for setting up a checking account.....you know the kind. anyway. i broke the head phones apart and stuck them inside of a pair of shooters muffs. they block out the tractor noise and the cd player plays what ever i'm in the mood for listening to. best part about it, i don't care if i drop the damn thing and accidentally run it over. the cd is worth more than the unit. won't get sports talk but it plays a mean AC/DC

MadtownPacker
09-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Don't lie LW, that is the sound system you are bumping in your ride.

Little Whiskey
09-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Don't lie LW, that is the sound system you are bumping in your ride.

yep when this is my ride!! 8-)

http://www.compacttractor.co.uk/Photos/John%20Deere%20855%20compact%20tractor%20544/John%20Deere%20855%20compact%20tractor%20544%202.j pg