PDA

View Full Version : Good News - Jennings and Jones both probable!

jramsey495
09-21-2007, 12:48 PM
WRs Jones, Jennings probable
By Greg A. Bedard
Friday, Sep 21 2007, 12:25 PM

Green Bay - Wide receivers James Jones and Greg Jennings, who have both been battling hamstring injuries, practiced on Friday and will be listed as probable on the injury report this afternoon.

Jones tweaked his hamstring during practice on Thursday. Jennings has yet to play in a regular-season game, but is expected to start against the San Diego Chargers.

Running back Vernand Morency was limited and is doubtful.

Linebacker Desmond Bishop (shoulder) was added to the list as being a limited participant and is questonable. Coach Mike McCarthy said Bishop was hurt in last Sunday's game and then the injury flared up Thursday during a blitz drill.

Everyone else, including tackle Chad Clifton (ankle), are probable.

In some other news... just heard AJ Hawk on the Jim Rome show... good interview, kinda boring, but hopefully we'll get some jungle karma... i think we're going to need all the help we can get on sunday.

LL2
09-21-2007, 01:11 PM
If Jennings can play that is great news....We need Driver, Jennings, and JJ on the field. I would like to see M3 give Wynn the start over Jackson.

PackerTimer
09-21-2007, 01:18 PM
This is indeed good news. I can't wait to see Jennings back on the field.

Packnut
09-21-2007, 01:31 PM
Great news. Big game for us my friends. Most expect us to lose. If we are ever gonna start the Lambeau mystique again, Sunday is the day.......

Partial
09-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Agreed.

If all three of those guys play lights out, I like our chances. Our starting 3 receivers are actually pretty darn good. They're not the best in the NFL but they are certainly better than average and can compete with most.

Carolina_Packer
09-21-2007, 03:27 PM
We need some good news health-wise. Here's hoping for a surprise victory on Sunday. It won't be easy, but it's also not impossible; a lot of things have to happen, but it's possible.

Him8123
09-21-2007, 04:08 PM
actually the line on us is we`re predicted to win by 4. At least thats what they said on Mike and Mike

retailguy
09-21-2007, 04:11 PM
actually the line on us is we`re predicted to win by 4. At least thats what they said on Mike and Mike

Last line I saw had the Chargers favored by 5. I think that's pretty generous for us, actually. I expected 8. Probably get 3 for home field or something.

HarveyWallbangers
09-21-2007, 04:40 PM
I'm shocked (and dismayed) that 5 of these 6 guys picked the Packers to cover a 4.5 point spread.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks

BEARMAN
09-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Probable is less then 100%. Even if they play they will not be playing at their best. They will also be prone to getting or rather reinjuring themselves. They should sit this one out and totaly heal/rehab. Just freindly advice. :)

b bulldog
09-21-2007, 04:57 PM
I agree Bear 100% greg Jennings is starting to remind me of a baseball player who is always getting hurt and plays for the Brewers.

GrnBay007
09-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Probable is less then 100%. Even if they play they will not be playing at their best. They will also be prone to getting or rather reinjuring themselves. They should sit this one out and totaly heal/rehab. Just freindly advice. :)

Bearman, it's so sweet of you to be SO concerned about GB's WR's.

HOWEVER,

We all know your real reason for HOPING Jennings and Jones do not play is your fear that the Packers will beat the team that not only beat, but held the bumbling bears to 3 PTS in week 1. Fess up!! :twisted:

FritzDontBlitz
09-21-2007, 05:37 PM
Linebacker Desmond Bishop (shoulder) was added to the list as being a limited participant and is questonable. Coach Mike McCarthy said Bishop was hurt in last Sunday's game and then the injury flared up Thursday during a blitz drill.

i'm guessing the bish got dinged up when he crashed into ruben droughns on that kickoff return. talk about a highlight hit...

LEWCWA
09-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Probable means your playing, dumbass....100% WTF is that anyhow.

CaliforniaCheez
09-21-2007, 07:53 PM
With the Chargers defense weak at Safety look for some long passing game from the Packer offense.

The real key is adjusting to the 3-4 and the various blitzes from it.
The Packer's young O-line has not done well at it. Perhaps they can be good enough.

b bulldog
09-21-2007, 08:06 PM
I like Antonio Cromartie at DB, I think he has potential.

cpk1994
09-22-2007, 12:24 PM
Probable is less then 100%. Even if they play they will not be playing at their best. They will also be prone to getting or rather reinjuring themselves. They should sit this one out and totaly heal/rehab. Just freindly advice. :)Yeah and most QB's at 80% are better then your pal Wrecksy at 100%. :lol:

SD GB fan
09-22-2007, 12:28 PM
I like Antonio Cromartie at DB, I think he has potential.

yeah hes going to be pushing florence for the job sooon. anyone know how paul oliver (their supplemental pick this year) has looked?

BEARMAN
09-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Dumbass ? All the negitivity and all I am trying to be is freindly ? :roll:

Regaurdless of what all you homers think, I want to see NO one hurt ! I luv physical football, common, Da BEARS "D" is bone crushing, but clean fare play is for me. I'm just saying why risk hurting those guys more, for what, it isnt a play off game... But ur right, all I want to see is a packer loss :twisted:

VegasPackFan
09-22-2007, 02:12 PM
I saw a stat once that said that players had better performances when appearing on the injury list as probable than when not appearing on the list at all.

GO PACK GO

Scott Campbell
09-22-2007, 02:16 PM
.....Da BEARS "D" is bone crushing,........

Especially for Mike Brown.

Him8123
09-22-2007, 07:36 PM
very true Bearman, with Jennings getting hurt over and over again, one would think it might be wise til you make sure he is 100 percent. I fear him being another Ferguson

RIPackerFan
09-22-2007, 08:48 PM
It looks like MM is a little shell-shocked on the hammy injuries:

Per the following URL:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ao84xCjkPjPOXYFrmGn3tz2G2bYF?slug=ap-packersinjuries&prov=ap&type=lgns

Jones, a rookie who started in Jennings' absence, was back on the field Friday after dropping out of the early portion of practice Thursday with an apparent pulled hamstring. Jones claimed Friday that he didn't get hurt.

Instead, Jones said McCarthy became protective after he said he felt some tightness in his hamstring during the team's jog-through.

"It was Coach just being scared and nervous. It wasn't nothing about my hammy," Jones said. "That's why I told Coach I'm never telling him anything again. I was out there in warmups, and I said, `Coach, it's a little cold out here, I'm going to go over here and stretch, my hammy is a little tight.' The next thing I know, all the trainers are running up on me, and Coach is like, `Get him out. Get Jones out of practice.' I'm like, I'm 100 percent, I just need to stretch.' It was crazy."

BEARMAN
09-22-2007, 09:15 PM
very true Bearman, with Jennings getting hurt over and over again, one would think it might be wise til you make sure he is 100 percent. I fear him being another Ferguson

Look what we did, Olsen has been sidelined for 3 weeks, he may play alitle this weekend. I am a firm believer in making sure a player is 100% before letting them play.

4and12to12and4
09-22-2007, 10:33 PM
Dumbass ? All the negitivity and all I am trying to be is freindly ? :roll:

Regaurdless of what all you homers think, I want to see NO one hurt ! I luv physical football, common, Da BEARS "D" is bone crushing, but clean fare play is for me. I'm just saying why risk hurting those guys more, for what, it isnt a play off game... But ur right, all I want to see is a packer loss :twisted:

You have been a tid bit more friendly in your most recent posts, so kudos to you for that Bearman. I'm gaining more respect for you. You do have a good point about waiting them out one more week. Coming back from a hamstring injury early, especially against a hard hitting defense is very risky. I would prefer to see Ruvell and Holiday in, and let Jennings go one more week. But, maybe he could've played last week, and they have been overprecautious. I hope so. But valid football point Bearguy. Keep these posts up, and you'll get some friends around here. Maybe even me. Maybe.