PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network on the Pack

KYPack
09-21-2007, 09:16 PM
NFL Network has it's Playbook segment on all the upcoming games. Sterling Sharpe and Brian Baldinger were VERY complimentary on GB. They did the first half of the segment on the defense. They showed Kamp, Hawk, Jenkins, & Bigby making some key plays. Both analysts said the Packers defense was a great combination of youth, speed and strength. They were emphatic that the Packer D could be the top D in the league and for some time to come.

Sterling Sharpe (who was a total jerk towards GB in the years right after his retirement) was extremely complimentary towards Brett. They showed his 14 straight completions to start the second half. Sharpe was stating that Favre was not only back, he was playing at the top level in the league. Sharpe further stated that Favre looked as good in the Giant game that Sharpe had seen in his career, including when Sterling played with him.

Both analysts said that MM was doing a fantastic job and both picked the Pack over San Diego.

(For some reason, I originally posted "Seattle" here, I'll leave this note so the other posts below make some sense)

I'm so used to the national guys slagging the Pack, I was shocked, but very pleasantly surprised. If you get NFL Network, give it a look.

LEWCWA
09-21-2007, 09:32 PM
That would be awsome if they were playing Seattle! :?:

MadtownPacker
09-21-2007, 09:44 PM
When is the Seattle game? :lol:

MJZiggy
09-21-2007, 09:46 PM
It was August 18. Oh look!! They're right!! We kicked the **** out of them...

MadtownPacker
09-21-2007, 09:47 PM
I really don't like it when "experts" give props to the Pack. All i can think of is how much crap they talked before. If I recall, last season they all said the team was going to be rebuilding for a while. It is still not done but it is well on it's way. These guys are just saying something so they can later claim they where right.

KYPack
09-21-2007, 10:08 PM
Oh Mad, you are so iconoclastic.

You're probably the guy who booed Santa Claus and stole the colored eggs from the Easter Bunny.

Harlan Huckleby
09-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Well you'll like Aikman then.

I wsa listening to his radio show last night, he pretty much thinks the pack are crap.

Packers4Ever
09-21-2007, 10:29 PM
NFL Network has it's Playbook segment on all the upcoming games. Sterling Sharpe and Brian Baldinger were VERY complimentary on GB. They did the first half of the segment on the defense. They showed Kamp, Hawk, Jenkins, & Bigby making some key plays. Both analysts said the Packers defense was a great combination of youth, speed and strength. They were emphatic that the Packer D could be the top D in the league and for some time to come.

Sterling Sharpe (who was a total jerk towards GB in the years right after his retirement) was extremely complimentary towards Brett. They showed his 14 straight completions to start the second half. Sharpe was stating that Favre was not only back, he was playing at the top level in the league. Sharpe further stated that Favre looked as good in the Giant game that Sharpe had seen in his career, including when Sterling played with him.

Both analysts said that MM was doing a fantastic job and both picked the Pack over San Diego.

(For some reason, I originally posted "Seattle" here, I'll leave this note so the other posts below make some sense)

I'm so used to the national guys slagging the Pack, I was shocked, but very pleasantly surprised. If you get NFL Network, give it a look.

_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x

I'm used to hearing the same, KYP, which I did today early afternoon on

ESPN except 2 different analysts of course. The compliments were flowing

fast there, explaining why the Pack certainly had it over the Challengers

and to expect a good game. I'm so NOT used to hearing that kind of talk I

was afraid it might jinx us! Hurry up, Sunday !!! :P

Little Whiskey
09-21-2007, 10:52 PM
they both picked the pack against the chargers this weekend. i almost fell over backwards

woodbuck27
09-21-2007, 11:00 PM
they both picked the pack against the chargers this weekend. i almost fell over backwards

Were they doing a lot of snuffing and rubbing the side of their noses?

Was there a lot of scrap paper lieing around the desk?

Little Whiskey
09-21-2007, 11:03 PM
thats what i was thinking woodbuck. couldn't believe it

CaptainKickass
09-22-2007, 12:03 AM
Look -

The job of a sports writer or reporter is to reflect the current - if the Pack kicks ass any given sunday, then they will say so, if they suck any given sunday they will say so. Kinda like it goes on here.

Art reflects life. There is no loyalty in sports writing.

Regards,

The Captain

KYPack
09-22-2007, 06:56 AM
Look -

The job of a sports writer or reporter is to reflect the current - if the Pack kicks ass any given sunday, then they will say so, if they suck any given sunday they will say so. Kinda like it goes on here.

Regards,

The Captain

It was a prediction, Cap.

Lately, they've been predicting that we lose. Predicting that we will win is a new, but pleasant, surprise.

woodbuck27
09-22-2007, 07:13 AM
Look -

Regards,

The Captain

It was a prediction, Cap.

Lately, they've been predicting that we lose. Predicting that we will win is a new, but pleasant, surprise.

They must have been counting on all Packer players seeing that broadcast and those players licking their eyebrows summoning a false sense of security and real studedness. :)

It's a plot, a conspiracy,a new form of brainwashing. :)

KYPack
09-22-2007, 09:39 AM
NFL Network strikes again.

Same message, but the analysts were Marshall Faulk and Rod Woodson. Woodson was very complimentary toward the packer secondary, particularly Charles Woodson.

Faulk praised Brett and both of 'em picked us to beat SD.

Buck might be right, this could be a bad omen.

MJZiggy
09-22-2007, 09:47 AM
I don't like it either. I realize that I was one of those whining very loudly about the media not giving us any respect, but suddenly they seem to be giving us TOO MUCH...makes me nervous.

Packers4Ever
09-22-2007, 09:08 PM
I don't like it either. I realize that I was one of those whining very loudly about the media not giving us any respect, but suddenly they seem to be giving us TOO MUCH...makes me nervous.

Relax, everybody! let's enjoy this while we've got it, 8-) who knows how

long it'll last.

OK I'm going back to all the newspapers I bought today, I'm sure

there must be some more sports columns I missed !!

4and12to12and4
09-22-2007, 11:22 PM
I HATE when excowboys do our games. You know they hate the Packers, the TRUE America's team. I love Sharpe, Sterling that is, he always gives us love. I have listening to his brother, I can't understand a damn thing he says. Major speech impediment.