PDA

View Full Version : THOUGHTS FROM THE DARK SIDE FORUM BOARD

Bretsky
09-21-2007, 09:19 PM
http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=45399&page=4

Here is one of the posts from that board; a lot of interesting personalities breaking down the matchup

In regards to this game. The Packers also have three good receivers, but they aren't in New England's class yet. Jennings and Jones have lots of potential, but the key is Driver. Jammer needs to have a good game. They don't have a lot of options at tight end. Donald Lee is their best player, and he's not very good at all.

Favre is the leader, and he'll come out firing like always. We need to pressure him and get him throwing his patented floating duck hangballs for our DB's. If they spread us out wide again, I expect for Cottrell to adjust accordingly after having a week to analyze the New England game.

I'm concerned about Jamal, but if there is a week where he could be at eighty percent, this is it. The Packers have a struggling ground game. They aren't getting a lot out of their zone blocking scheme, and their runningbacks have been less than stellar. Brandon Jackson in particular is having an underwhelming start to the season.

They do have a young offensive line, but it is not devoid of talent. The Packers know that they have to protect Favre so that he can get the ball to Driver and gang, so Shawne and Shaun need to come ready to play like always. Castillo should be able to have a good game as well.

On offense we need to start establishing an identity. Norv has had two weeks against the best in the NFL to give this team an identity on offense, and hopefully we'll start to see some results on Sunday. The Packers have a good pass rushing defensive line, but they will give up lanes to run. Their linebackers are fast and good tacklers, but I don't see them having success unless they bring the safety up into the box. That's happened every game this year, so we'll see what we do to counter it on Sunday.

Gates will once again be the ultimate mis match, but we have to start incorporating the wideouts at some point. In fact, I wouldn't mind starting the game with eight or more straight passes to start gathering some momentum. If the Packers stack the box like every team has so far, utilize quick slants, curl routes, and screens to take advantage. Rivers needs to get in a rhythm for the rest of the game, and the coaches know what passes he likes best.

However we start, we need to establish a ground game at some point. Pounding eight or nine men in the box won't help our offense, particularly the offensive line, establish a rhythm early.

I expect a big win. I trust our players and coaches to be able to get over a loss like last week and have success against the Packers. If the players were full of themselves before the Patriots game, they shouldn't be now.

I'm not much for predicting scores, but I will this week

Chargers 34
Packers 10

Key players will be:

Philip Rivers-I expect a big win. I have a lot of confidence in this guy, and I said that he will be our key to success this year. I think he bounces back in a big way against a very tough defense.

Offensive line-They'll be taking a lot of flack for the loss, and I doubt that they're having fun in the film sessions right now. These guys need to get in a rhythm, and I think that they will this week. They have a lot of pride in themselves and in the team. They need to get in a rhythm, and they do this week.

Vincent Jackson, Malcom Floyd-One of these guys needs to step up. Davis is a rookie, so my expectations are not quite so high on him. Both VJ and Malcom will be matched up against two good cornerbacks. Al Harris and Charles Woodson played well last season, and it has carried over to this year. Jackson needs to keep his head in the game, and give his all on every play. We don't need a number one receiver guys, but we do need someone who can prove to be a consistent threat.

Bretsky
09-21-2007, 09:20 PM
ANOTHER POST FROM THE DARK SIDE

Intro: Chargers are off to a slow start, last year they were also off to a slow start before the Offense start clicking and got the ball rolling and turn into a scoring machine. First year with Norv and it take a bit to get the ball rolling. Doesn't help playing against two of the league best Defense either. Green Bay have solid D but they don't have the Elite D Bears and Patriots have. This is the game I believe LT will take over the game.

Packers got off beating two really weak team in the NFC East. Eagles, as you seen the past two weeks really suck. Giants with a really weak D and also Eli which is not fully healthy. With how badly the Eagles play, the Packers got lucky and stole a win in Week 1. Don't believe the hype, Farve will turn the ball over once the Packers are down.

Chargers Defense: Chargers will be able to put pressure on Farve with their blitz on the Packers young OL. Green Bay running game is nothing to worry about. Chargers has one of the best run stuffing D in the league. Without a running game, Farve will have to carry the team on his shoulder. And you know what happen when Farve try too hard. A bunch of TO.

Chargers Offense: Green Bay doesn't have a tough DL to stuff the run. Only person on the Line worth talking about is Kampman. And without a tough front 7, they will not able to put pressure toward the Chargers. And with more time, Phillip Rivers will be able to look down the field and be more comfortable in the pocket. With Green Bay not having a tough D to run on, LT will be able to tear and wear down the D. This will be LT first break out game of the year. Gates is having a monster year even without the Chargers doing much on Offense. So once the Offense start rolling, you know Gates will get his catches. You just can't really stop him, you just hope to slow him down. With LT able to run and that will open the passing game to Chargers young receiving corp.

Conclusion: This game will and should be a blow out. Chargers will win by Double Digit. Don't believe in the hype of Green Bay. If you actually watch those games, you know they play two team that's really struggling right now. Chargers D and O is far superior than the one the Packers been playing.

Freak Out
09-21-2007, 09:26 PM
ANOTHER POST FROM THE DARK SIDE

Chargers Offense: Green Bay doesn't have a tough DL to stuff the run. Only person on the Line worth talking about is Kampman. And without a tough front 7, they will not able to put pressure toward the Chargers.

Conclusion: This game will and should be a blow out. Chargers will win by Double Digit. Don't believe in the hype of Green Bay. If you actually watch those games, you know they play two team that's really struggling right now. Chargers D and O is far superior than the one the Packers been playing.

Nacho eating So Cal stoner. Chargers can win the game sure....but our D-line stinks? Whatever.

BallHawk
09-21-2007, 09:43 PM
Eh, that's what most fans are like.

However, I will say that Packer fans tend to be one of the most educated fans of all the NFL teams.

Must be the beer. :wink: :D

Harlan Huckleby
09-21-2007, 09:47 PM
good bulletin board material! lets rumble.

MadtownPacker
09-21-2007, 09:49 PM
Someone with an account could ask them if the want to come here and talk about the game.

b bulldog
09-21-2007, 09:53 PM
i THOUGHT THE FIRST post was rather insightful. he made some good points and stated the obvious.

Rastak
09-21-2007, 09:56 PM
i THOUGHT THE FIRST post was rather insightful. he made some good points and stated the obvious.

I agree completely.

MadtownPacker
09-21-2007, 10:01 PM
http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?s=ce4d6033e615a3b4654e82c14d92ddf1&t=45399

I found the Wist of their forum!

Wilhelm will be out, so I look for Dobbins to once again be our weak link and get exposed. To me this is a pivotal game that could be a predecessor on how this season will turn out. I wish I could stay optimistic, but after the last two weeks it's really tough

packinpatland
09-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Eh, that's what most fans are like.

However, I will say that Packer fans tend to be one of the most educated fans of all the NFL teams.

Must be the beer. :wink: :D

No...............it's the cheese :wink: :wink:

MadtownPacker
09-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Found this on there.. (http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?s=ce4d6033e615a3b4654e82c14d92ddf1&t=45226&page=3)

The 40 top things you would NEVER hear a Packer say, no matter
how much they've had to drink, no matter how far they've wandered:

40. Oh I just couldn't. I mean really, she's only sixteen.
39. I'll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex.
38. Duct tape won't fix that.
37. Honey, I think we should sell the pickup and buy a family
sedan.
36. Come to think of it, I'll have a Heineken.
35. We don't keep firearms in this house.
34. Has anybody seen the sideburns trimmer?
33. You can't feed that to the dog.
32. I thought Graceland was tacky.
31. No kids in the back of the pickup, it's just not safe.
30. Wrestling's fake.
29. Honey, did you mail that donation to Greenpeace?
28. We're vegetarians.
27. Do you think my gut is too big?
26. I'll have grapefruit and grapes instead of biscuits and
gravy.
25. Honey, we don't need another dog.
24. Who gives a crap about the Dells.
23. Give me the small bag of pork rinds.
22. Too many deer heads detract from the decor.
21. Spittin is such a nasty habit.
20. I just couldn't find a thing at Wal-Mart today.
19. Trim the fat off that steak.
18. Cappuccino tastes better than Espresso.
17. The tires on that truck are too big.
16. I'll have the Arugula and Radicchio salad.
15. I've got it all on the C drive.
14. Unsweetened tea tastes better.
13. Would you like your fish poached or broiled?
12. My fiancee, Bobbie Joe, is registered at Tiffany's.
11. I've got two cases of Zima for the Super Bowl.
10. Little Debbie snack cakes have too many fat grams.
9. Checkmate.
8. She's too young to be wearing a bikini.
7. Does the salad bar have bean sprouts?
6. Hey, here's an episode of "Hee Haw" that we haven't seen.
5. I believe a Merlot goes best with string cheese.
4. Be sure to bring my salad dressing on the side.
3. I hate Spam and Velveeta sandwiches.
2. Those shorts ought to be a little longer, Darlin .

And the #1 thing that you would never hear a Packer say.......

1. Nope, no more for me. I'm drivin tonight

KYPack
09-21-2007, 10:13 PM
This one's way off..

Wisconsin people consume more Heinies than the people from Holland do.

Harlan Huckleby
09-21-2007, 10:23 PM
39. I'll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex.
34. Has anybody seen the sideburns trimmer?
33. You can't feed that to the dog.
31. No kids in the back of the pickup, it's just not safe.
25. Honey, we don't need another dog.
22. Too many deer heads detract from the decor.
13. Would you like your fish poached or broiled?
8. She's too young to be wearing a bikini.

comedy gold

woodbuck27
09-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Jeee we are going to lose 34-10.

That's bad.

NO!

That's really bad.

I assume then that Favre gets another TD pass closer to Marino.

Can't have it all or wait. . .we could have.

Ahman Green and Randy Moss.

Think big. . . WIN BIG !

Little Whiskey
09-21-2007, 10:58 PM
most seem legit to me

:lol:

CaptainKickass
09-22-2007, 12:06 AM
Look on the dark side - things could be a lot better.

Partial
09-22-2007, 02:49 AM
Idiots. Not that I think we'll win, but they greatly under-estimate our defensive line.

woodbuck27
09-22-2007, 03:09 AM
A tribute to your confidence Packer fan.

:glug: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :butt: :no:

Terry
09-22-2007, 12:07 PM
Here's a slightly more cautious take on things from that forum:

This guy is crazy. He think s there will be a lot of offense when all each of our team has going is defense.

If the offense continues to struggle then the Packers will beat us with defense. From what I have seen, their offense is better than ours to this point. If LT rushes for less than 100 yards we will lose this game.

If LT gets 100+ yards we will win.

cpk1994
09-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Jeee we are going to lose 34-10.

That's bad.

NO!

That's really bad.

I assume then that Favre gets another TD pass closer to Marino.

Can't have it all or wait. . .we could have.

Ahman Green and Randy Moss.

Think big. . . WIN BIG !

Your next post that isn't boring, repetitive or shot at TT will be your first. Quit beating the dead horse and get over yourself :beat:

BooHoo
09-22-2007, 12:58 PM
The writer doesn't know what he is talking about. It might be a Charger win but it shouldn't be a blow-out. Also, our D Line isn't weak!!

Him8123
09-22-2007, 07:48 PM
I love how they say the only person on our line worth mentioning is Kampman

BallHawk
09-23-2007, 08:30 AM
Some of the Charger fans on there are really knowledgeable. Others.....not so much. But, hell, you'll find that with any forum.

BallHawk
09-23-2007, 08:31 AM
9. Checkmate.

Priceless! :lol:

Merlin
09-23-2007, 08:41 AM
As long as the Chargers have LT, it doesn't matter who they are playing. The guy is all world and can make even the best defense look inept. Gates is a good TE but he isn't that good, no TE really is. It's the offensive Coordinator that draws up the plays to make the TE look good. Phillip Rivers is an okay QB but nothing spectacular. They are having trouble getting their WR's into the scheme right now and with our secondary, I don't see that changing this week. We need to concentrate on shutting down LT and let them try and beat us with Gates. We have the speed at LB to cover him so I say bring it on. The one poster is right, if LT doesn't light us up, we can win this game.

Iron Mike
09-23-2007, 09:53 AM
Seems to me like it would be a good idea to post comments from the opposing team's forum on a weekly basis.

Anybody up for it?

mmmdk
09-23-2007, 10:06 AM
This one's way off..

Wisconsin people consume more Heinies than the people from Holland do.

Wow, bad beer karma here! :shock: With so much great tasting beer in the world, yes beer with sublime taste, not the Heineken bog water taste with spirits - PLEASE!

DRINK LEFFE, GUINNESS or ERDINGER, actually any beer from Belgium, England, Czech Republic and most of Germany. Some Danish beer too.

Drink Heineken and Packers lose...that's my beer karma prediction. :wink:

J-Rok
09-23-2007, 10:16 AM
I hardly have the time anymore to sign on, but I noticed the Leffe comment.

Drink

Belgian

beer.

It's a command.

Chimay, Leffe...anything.

Iron Mike
09-23-2007, 10:20 AM
I hardly have the time anymore to sign on, but I noticed the Leffe comment.

Drink

Belgian

beer.

It's a command.

Chimay, Leffe...anything.

I'd like to agree, but my great-great grandmother insists that I remain true to my ethnic heritage:

http://www.okathens.gr/Uploads/PU%20neo%20me%20glass.jpg

Brohm
09-23-2007, 03:12 PM
We win! :twisted: :shock: