PDA

View Full Version : PackerRats Week 2 Rankings

MJZiggy
09-21-2007, 11:00 PM
Tough Early Opportunity
by Fosco33

Well PackerRat Fans, the Packers own a six-game winning streak. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Can seven be lucky? With Brett Favre within arm’s (literally) reach of two new additional quarterback records and a chance to show off to an AFC powerhouse at home, this could be another awesome weekend. If the Packers go 3-0, it will also mark a first for our storied franchise since 2001—three straight wins to begin the season over teams that made the playoffs in '06.

Read More HERE! (www.packerrats.com)

4and12to12and4
09-22-2007, 10:12 AM
I'm usually positive, and I hope I'm dead wrong, but ...........it ain't gonna happen.

MadtownPacker
09-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Many said it wouldn't happen against the eagles but it did so I am gonna keep the faith another week.

superfan
09-22-2007, 10:47 AM
The second chart ("Custom Team Regular") appears to be updated only through week 1, not week 2.

MJZiggy
09-22-2007, 10:53 AM
It's got 2-game streaks and 50% winning percentages. It looks like a 2-game chart to me, but then what do I know?

Patler
09-22-2007, 11:13 AM
I'm usually positive, and I hope I'm dead wrong, but ...........it ain't gonna happen.

We really don't know what to expect from the Chargers. This is not last year's San Diego team. A new coaching staff can make a big difference, positive or negative, even if the players remain about the same. Nothing would surprise me in this game.

superfan
09-22-2007, 12:02 PM
It's got 2-game streaks and 50% winning percentages. It looks like a 2-game chart to me, but then what do I know?

The points scored and points allowed per game are only up to date through week 1. For example, GB is listed in the chart as scoring 16 ppg and allowing 13 ppg. Should be 25.5 scored and 13 allowed.

Fosco33
09-22-2007, 12:06 PM
Yeah - my bad on the 2nd chart - updated now. Living in SoCal and having lots of friends from SD, they really respect the Packers and Favre but are predicting an easy win.

Looking at our past against 3-4 teams and the AFC in general, I'm hoping we just play well - and if a W happens, it happens.

I love seeing the Bears ranked #30 :P Their Offense and Turnover stats are terrible but a strong (as expected) Defense.

What's up for the season - looks like the NFCN could be tough - only behind AFC South in terms of average team Overall Ranks.

4and12to12and4
09-22-2007, 05:53 PM

We really don't know what to expect from the Chargers. This is not last year's San Diego team. A new coaching staff can make a big difference, positive or negative, even if the players remain about the same. Nothing would surprise me in this game.

Well, Patman, I hope you're right. If we could actually beat the Chargers, this would be more than just 3-0, this would be the type of confidence building game that could change a team. Not to mention, the Bears and our other opponents would be much more hesitant and less confident when playing against us. Not to mention the unbelievable press Brett would get. That's why I can't see it happening. It's one of those "too good to be true" scenarios. If I'm wrong, I'll be the happiest man in Highland, Indiana!!

If we actually beat this team, Brett's legend is going to start becoming Jordanesque. I hope to see our defense hitting hard and beating the shit out of Rivers and Co. I hope our d line can dominate. To me that's the key to the game.

Packers4Ever
09-22-2007, 09:31 PM

Well, Patman, I hope you're right. If we could actually beat the Chargers, this would be more than just 3-0, this would be the type of confidence building game that could change a team. Not to mention, the Bears and our other opponents would be much more hesitant and less confident when playing against us. Not to mention the unbelievable press Brett would get. That's why I can't see it happening. It's one of those "too good to be true" scenarios. If I'm wrong, I'll be the happiest man in Highland, Indiana!!

If we actually beat this team, Brett's legend is going to start becoming Jordanesque. I hope to see our defense hitting hard and beating the shit out of Rivers and Co. I hope our d line can dominate. To me that's the key to the game.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

And I tend to be more negative, 4 and 12, but I just have a good feeling

this weekend so I say bring 'em on and may our Pack hit 'em and show

who's boss ! GO BRETT !! :D

4and12to12and4
09-22-2007, 10:40 PM

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

And I tend to be more negative, 4 and 12, but I just have a good feeling

this weekend so I say bring 'em on and may our Pack hit 'em and show

who's boss ! GO BRETT !! :D

Who loves ya baby!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Merlin
09-23-2007, 08:30 AM
The Chargers have been inconsistent so far this season.

Here are two words that should give any Packer fan hopes:

Norv Turner.