PDA

View Full Version : Weapons at Favres disposal!!

RashanGary
09-22-2007, 08:37 AM
Notebook: Jennings, Jones likely ready for Sunday

By Pete Dougherty
pdougher@greenbaypressgazette.com

The Packers' potential injury disaster at receiver never materialized.

No. 2 receiver Greg Jennings and No. 3 receiver James Jones, both of whom have hamstring injuries, practiced Friday and were listed as probable (a virtual certainly they'll be available for normal duty) on the Packers' injury report for Sunday's game against San Diego.

Jennings missed the first two regular-season games because of his hamstring injury, and his status for this week looked shaky because the Packers held him out of practice until Friday so he could have extra time to heal this week.

Jones left practice Thursday because of soreness in his hamstring but, like Jennings, is expected to play. Jones said Jennings will be the starter even though he's been sidelined for 2½ weeks.

That means the Packers will have their top four receivers for the first time this season. Donald Driver is the No. 1 receiver, and Ruvell Martin is their No. 4.

"(Jennings) looked good (Friday). He was running around real well," Jones said. "He said his leg is 100 percent, so it's always good to have us all at 100 percent to add more weapons to the receiving corps."

Jones suggested he wasn't injured at all, though early in practice Thursday he was talking to the trainers between plays and appeared uncomfortable with his hamstring before leaving practice. He then went to the training room, where the team's medical staff stretched him and he took an ice bath. But he took part in practice Friday and pronounced himself fit.

"It was just a big ol' blowup by the coaches," Jones said. "I told coach during warm-ups I need to get some extra stretching because my legs are tight. They brought me up here and never let me come down. I'm like, what the heck? I never was hurt."

Coach Mike McCarthy said he, General Manager Ted Thompson, team doctor Pat McKenzie and trainer Pepper Burruss met this week to determine Jennings' practice schedule, as well as that of several other injured players.

"It's worked," McCarthy said, "and when that ball's kicked off Sunday I'm not going to be thinking about hamstring injuries."

RashanGary
09-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Finially!!

I think Jennings can make a huge difference in this offense. It's especially important against the Chargers, who have a weak secondary.

We might not run it very well, but I think we can score by spreading it out and throwing the ball.

Brando19
09-22-2007, 08:52 AM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully Brett can pick apart their defense without getting pummeled by Merriman.

Scott Campbell
09-22-2007, 09:22 AM
A guy we speculated on the during draft, Eric Weddle, plays there. They like to blitz him. San Diego moved up 25 spots to draft him, and I think they're pretty happy with his work thus far.

Partial
09-22-2007, 11:19 AM
What I would do is I would come out passing. I would go 4 wide with Driver, Jones, Jennings and then Donald Lee. I would keep Bubba in to block on the line. At other times, I'd keep Bubba in to block, put the three wideouts out there, and keep a back in whom can catch the ball in the flat.

Man, I can hardly contain myself for this game. I am curious to see how we hold up.