PDA

View Full Version : Packers Monopoly Game

oregonpackfan
09-22-2007, 10:33 AM
Yesterday, I celebrated my birthday. My 13 year old gave me a present of the Packers Monopoly Game! The regular Monopoly game has historically been her favorite board game.

Naturally, the family had to "break it in" after the cake and ice cream.

All the sections are grouped according to Packer history. There is a set of Lombardi era Packers, a set of modern day Packers, a set of 3 most important Packer games, a set of all three Packer Super Bowls, etc.

The railroads are "1st Down, 2nd Down..." The Luxury tax is "Lose to Bears-pay $200 or 20%" The Chance and Community Chest cards have Packer items like "Cowboys penalized for intentional grounding--Collect $10" and "Sack the Bears' Quarterback-Collect $100." Houses are renamed "Locker rooms" and hotels are renamed "Stadiums."

The game gave me a chance to expound on Packer history to my 13 year old(A Raiders fan due to her damn West Coast environment!). She asked, "So Bart Starr was a quarterback. Was he as good as Brett Favre?"
I was in the middle of a comprehensive, analytical comparison between the two when my wife interrupted me with "Timeout! We need to get back to the game."

As she often does in Monopoly, my 13 year old won the game(Stinking Little Capitalist!) :)

If you are looking for a family board game, I recommend you get it!

OPF

Scott Campbell
09-22-2007, 10:35 AM
They should have re-labled Jail as Chicago or Halas Hall or something.

Happy birthday OPF!

Rastak
09-22-2007, 10:41 AM

Happy birthday OPF!

:lol: :lol:

Maybe Bengals locker room.

Happy birthday!

MadtownPacker
09-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Happy BDay OPF, sounds like a great present. What are the lil game pieces instead of the shoe and other stuff?

MJZiggy
09-22-2007, 10:46 AM
As the Lambourghini Mrs. OPF got him sits ignored...sounds like a great gift and a fun evening. Happy birthday! :hug:

cpk1994
09-22-2007, 10:54 AM

Happy birthday OPF!

:lol: :lol:

Maybe Bengals locker room.

Happy birthday!

Or the Vikings Love Boat. :D

Happy Birthday

Partial
09-22-2007, 11:16 AM
The OPF family always sounds so happy! Happy Birthday!!

packinpatland
09-22-2007, 11:34 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!

My daughters gave me the GB Monopoly game last Christmas........does make the game more interesting!

oregonpackfan
09-22-2007, 02:38 PM
Happy BDay OPF, sounds like a great present. What are the lil game pieces instead of the shoe and other stuff?

Madtown,

The game pieces are Packer-related, including a quarterback passing, a football, a hotdog, a helmet, and a cheerleader(and a shapely one, at that!)

I had to use the quarterback because I don't think my wife would want me to grab the cheerleader every time it was my turn! :lol:

Thanks to everyone for your birthday wishes.

4and12to12and4
09-23-2007, 12:51 AM
My wife just bought me the game, haven't played it yet, looks cool though.

Terry
09-23-2007, 10:56 AM
As she often does in Monopoly, my 13 year old won the game(Stinking Little Capitalist!) :)

lol, very funny (and enjoyable) post. Yeah, those stinking little capitalists are always cleaning up while we are busy with the important things in life, like studying Bart Starr.

Or the Vikings Love Boat.
I think the Love Boat is in the red light section of properties, on the poor side of the board. (If you own and develop those properties, I think you get to keep the extra cheerleader piece in your hand while you play.)

Rastak
09-23-2007, 10:59 AM

lol, very funny (and enjoyable) post. Yeah, those stinking little capitalists are always cleaning up while we are busy with the important things in life, like studying Bart Starr.

Or the Vikings Love Boat.
I think the Love Boat is in the red light section of properties, on the poor side of the board. (If you own and develop those properties, I think you get to keep the extra cheerleader piece in your hand while you play.)

James's Lofton's stairwell could be one property.....

MJZiggy
09-23-2007, 01:39 PM
Ooooh this thread could get real interesting in a hurry. :drma: