PDA

View Full Version : An unthought of record for Favre this year.

PackerBlues
09-22-2007, 11:04 AM
With our current Offense, I do not see the Packers going anywhere without Favre this season, so if they do make the playoffs.................Why not a 4'th League MVP award for Favre?
:knll:

MadtownPacker
09-22-2007, 11:10 AM
Im down with that!!

PlantPage55
09-22-2007, 11:37 AM
With our current Offense, I do not see the Packers going anywhere without Favre this season, so if they do make the playoffs.................Why not a 4'th League MVP award for Favre?

You know, let's not get ahead of ourselves, but if our team does well enough - and Brett averages the stats that he has at this point right now - it's not out of the question...

Would that cement him as legitimately in the argument for the greatest ever in media's eyes then? I should hope so. To get his 4th MVP 10 years removed from his last one? That's a feat and the very model of consistency. Everyone has bad years and we weren't a very good team in 2005 - but everyone was so quick to make that indicative of Brett Favre's ability as a whole. :roll:

But...LET'S NOT GET AHEAD OF OURSELVES!!! :D

HarveyWallbangers
09-22-2007, 02:09 PM
Ummm... he's had one great game against a bad defense.

Bretsky
09-22-2007, 02:27 PM

You are all too nice; I'd consider them a terribly horrible defense

retailguy
09-22-2007, 05:14 PM

You are all too nice; I'd consider them a terribly horrible defense

But, that performance clearly proves that we are Super Bowl bound AND that there is a 200% chance that we will beat the Chargers in fine fashion.

You are a negativist. It is proven.

FritzDontBlitz
09-22-2007, 05:25 PM

they sports geniuses claimed the giants were a good defense until favre carved them up....

PackerBlues
09-22-2007, 07:09 PM
I can see Harv's point though. The Giants have given up more points (80), than any other team in the league. Followed by the Browns, 79, and the Saints, 72.

It does not make the Packers victory over the Giants look all that impressive when put in that context. The fact that McNabb looked like he was running with a corn cob up his ass in both of the Eagles losses, makes that victory a little less sweet at well.

This week against the Chargers, we should all be able to see where GB stands amongst the better teams in the NFL.

:cow:

HarveyWallbangers
09-22-2007, 08:44 PM
I can see Harv's point though.

That's not my point. My point was that Favre had one good game against a bad defense. End of point.

The Pack still handily beat a fired up team playing their home opener. That team has a very good offense. The Pack beat a good team in week 1 that has had its number for years. Both very good victories.

As for Favre, he was average in week one and good in week two. That's it. He isn't going to win MVP this year.

4and12to12and4
09-23-2007, 12:03 AM
We would have to win at least one playoff game, probably have to make it to the NFC Championship game, he would have to throw four close to 4,000 yards, and surpass 30 touchdowns. If he does that, he probably wins the MVP, especially the way LT has started the season. Hester may be in the voting too. Bastard. BTW, do you think we should kick to Hester week 5, like we did last game? We contained him bigtime. I say no. Fuck it, let 'em start at the forty, it's not like they can move the ball. What do ya think?

Terry
09-23-2007, 11:03 AM
:knll:
Why not? Ali came back to beat Foreman, didn't he? Those odds were even more improbable.

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 11:16 AM
Foreman said he was drugged that game. He said that he felt dizzy and fatigued. He fired his trainer the next day because he felt, and still does feel, that it was a fix.

PackerBlues
09-23-2007, 11:51 AM
Foreman said he was drugged that game. He said that he felt dizzy and fatigued. He fired his trainer the next day because he felt, and still does feel, that it was a fix.

I have never heard this before, and do not believe it for a second. Foreman was an animal in that fight, throwing haymakers like crazy, not like a drugged, dizzy, or fatigued fighter.

If Foreman ever suggested such a thing, I have never heard it, and if its true that he said it, it would show a lack of class, and a lack of respect for the brilliant way that Ali fought him. (which is very much the opposite of what I think of Foreman.)

b bulldog
09-23-2007, 03:43 PM
I thought this post was crazy but right now he is in the top 3. Hopefully he will win it cause that will have us having a great season.

Iron Mike
09-23-2007, 03:49 PM
OT, but it looks like #4 will break Marino's record before he breaks Blanda's. 8-)