PDA

View Full Version : SUNDAY'S PRACTICAL POLL----DO WE BEAT THE CHARGERS ?

Bretsky
09-23-2007, 12:07 AM
We already had a thread on the scores; some take that serious and some do not. Nothing to argue here; I'm just curious as to what % of posters in here actually, honestly, think we beat the Chargers.

No need to argue or put a lot of debate in this; your identity is protected so if a TTT guy wants to predict a win, or an extreme optimist wants to predict a loss your identity is protected.

Bottom line; we are playing a AFC playoff team at home who seems to be struggling with its identity under its new coach.

DOES GREEN BAY WIN ?

4and12to12and4
09-23-2007, 12:13 AM
Wow, three no's after all the score predictions in other threads where almost everyone has the Pack winning, well, I expect this poll to take a serious turn for the Pack by tomorrow morning. We are not winning this game guys. Sorry. Let's just hope our lines look good, we make some good plays, show some running ability, AND STAY HEALTHY. That will make me happy. If we win, I am going to drink myself into bolivion.

Bretsky
09-23-2007, 12:19 AM
Bump; hoping for the best tomorrow.

4and12to12and4
09-23-2007, 12:22 AM

Yeah, I may not get much sleep tonight, I don't know why, can't put my finger on it, but for some reason I think this is a very big game. More than just a win or loss. Not that we have to win it, we just need to be competitive, unlike the Patriots game last year. I want our defense to do so well. I'm just really nervous. I don't understand it. I may need to take some Tylenol PM!! :wink: god, I hope we win this game, it would be so huge.

Rastak
09-23-2007, 12:24 AM

Yeah, I may not get much sleep tonight, I don't know why, can't put my finger on it, but for some reason I think this is a very big game. More than just a win or loss. Not that we have to win it, we just need to be competitive, unlike the Patriots game last year. I want our defense to do so well. I'm just really nervous. I don't understand it. I may need to take some Tylenol PM!! :wink: god, I hope we win this game, it would be so huge.

Just chug down 3 or 4 pints of beer, you'll sleep like a baby.

Actually, this should be a really exciting game for you guys. Team is playing quite well, and playing a good team at home with hopes of victory. Been a while since I had that feeling..... :(

4and12to12and4
09-23-2007, 12:30 AM

Just chug down 3 or 4 pints of beer, you'll sleep like a baby.

Actually, this should be a really exciting game for you guys. Team is playing quite well, and playing a good team at home with hopes of victory. Been a while since I had that feeling..... :(

Thanks, Rassy, just took three Tylenol PM, and falling asleep right now. Good night, good luck to the Vikes. Go Pack. See ya'll tomorrow!!!!!!

Partial
09-23-2007, 12:31 AM
Do we need to discuss the outcome or the possibility of them losing?

That is bad karma. I want to see a team that leaves every ounce of energy left on the field. I want to see a family take on the chargers out there. If they do that, then we'll have ourselves a great game.

4and12to12and4
09-23-2007, 12:36 AM
Yah!!!! We got a winning vote. True packer loyalty. By the way. 300 is the greatest movie of all time.

Bretsky
09-23-2007, 12:46 AM
Yah!!!! We got a winning vote. True packer loyalty. By the way. 300 is the greatest movie of all time.

Rastak must have voted for GB :lol: :lol:

Just kidding; I'd bet it was Partial

Badgepack
09-23-2007, 12:47 AM
This is the year we regain a strong homefield advantage, the crowd will be loud and all the young bucks are going to eat it up and once again the defense and special teams will be dominate.

4and12to12and4
09-23-2007, 12:49 AM

Definitely Partial.

Rastak
09-23-2007, 12:50 AM

No, I like the Chargers in this one....but it could be close. Hell, I would be less surprised than the Browns beating Cincy last week.

4and12to12and4
09-23-2007, 12:57 AM

No, I like the Chargers in this one....but it could be close. Hell, I would be less surprised than the Browns beating Cincy last week.

Yeah, that was the upset of the year. Never expected that. I loved it, I hate the Bengals, and I feel sorry for Browns fans ever since they got their team ripped away from them all those years.

esoxx
09-23-2007, 12:58 AM
Whether the Packers win or not, I don't know. But one thing is for certain. They are catching the Chargers at the perfect time. They just played a big emotional type game at NE, fly cross country again and now face a tough defense on the road.

The game kicks off at 10:00am West Coast time. If the Pack comes out strong, SD will have a huge fight on their hands.

If I'm the Pack, I load up on the run and make Rivers beat us. I expect Sanders is thinking along these same lines.

4and12to12and4
09-23-2007, 01:01 AM
Whether the Packers win or not, I don't know. But one thing is for certain. They are catching the Chargers at the perfect time. They just played a big emotional type game at NE, fly cross country again and now face a tough defense on the road.

The game kicks off at 10:00am West Coast time. If the Pack comes out strong, SD will have a huge fight on their hands.

If I'm the Pack, I load up on the run and make Rivers beat us. I expect Sanders is thinking along these same lines.

Couldn't disagree with you more. They will have way too many gap rushers, and will have no holes to run into. We need to use quick three step drops, quick slants, screens, etc. to eventually set up the run, if we just try to start running the ball, we will get masacrered.

esoxx
09-23-2007, 01:07 AM
What are you talking about?

Bretsky
09-23-2007, 01:07 AM

Couldn't disagree with you more. They will have way too many gap rushers, and will have no holes to run into. We need to use quick three step drops, quick slants, screens, etc. to eventually set up the run, if we just try to start running the ball, we will get masacrered.

I think those Tylenol PM's are kicking ya; Esoxx was referring to when the Packers are on defense.........not their offensive game plan

I agree they need to make Rivers beat us

Jimx29
09-23-2007, 01:12 AM
This is the perfect game to go into believing that realistically we have about a 30% chance of winning, and then have the day go great by having the Pack win :nodsnods:

Partial
09-23-2007, 01:36 AM

Definitely Partial.

Didn't vote. I don't want to jinx it

LEWCWA
09-23-2007, 01:42 AM
Christ how long do you guys keep these polls open for it has been less than 2 hours and it is done.

LEWCWA
09-23-2007, 01:44 AM
oops, I guess you have to be logged in to vote, huh! :oops:

the_idle_threat
09-23-2007, 03:05 AM
:cow: :pack: :glug: :cow: :pack: :glug:

BallHawk
09-23-2007, 07:32 AM
I think it is very possible that we could beat the Chargers, but we'd have to play almost flawlessly. That means shut LT down, get after Rivers and make him make mistakes, don't give up the big pass. On offense Favre needs to play as well or better than he did last week, we need to have some signs of a running game, Jones and Jennings need to play a good game, and the OL needs to keep Favre on his feet.

If all of those things happen we have a shot. However, the last time we had a really good team come into Green Bay it was New England and the same Kool-Aid encompassed the board then.

I'm not going to make predictions, because I think this game could either be a blowout in San Diego's favor or a very close, tough game. I can't say.

For what it's worth, I have San Diego in the Pick 'em league with 2 points on them.

Him8123
09-23-2007, 08:01 AM
I drank the koolaid and said we`ll win this one, like you 4and12 though I too am very nervous. Huge game for us. If we lose I wont be too too dissapointed as long as we were real competitive. I would be even more dissapointed if we lose the game when we could have won it.

Bretsky
09-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Vote started with one win and seven to lose

With the overwhelming yes we will win vote today I'm wondering if everybody is still drunk from last night :lol:

Terry
09-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Well, I had to vote yes, because I can't bring myself to vote against a packer win on the day the game is being played. Usually, I only figure the packers to lose when I look at a span of games.

I do see us as the underdog, but I go into each game expecting to win nonetheless.

Still, for those of us who voted 'yes', we have to remember that we also must beat Minnesota and Chicago over the next two weeks. So the really big question is - what are the chances of starting the season 5-0? You gotta' ask yourself, "Do you feel lucky, punk?"...er, uh... sorry, wrong movie... I meant, you gotta' ask yourself, do you feel lucky?

Speaking of movies, I haven't seen 300 yet, no, but I believe it's an "eye piece" so I look forward to seeing it. (But it should have been called 1200, because there were about 900 slave-soldiers with them. But then, I can't remember for sure, maybe those 900 withdrew with the other 8,000 or so. The 300 refers only to the third day of the battle - for the first two days, there were around 9,000, give or take (and depending on which historian you prefer)).

Those guys went through a tough upbringing. They were taken from their mothers at the age of 7 and kept in military training for the next 11 years. Their final test was to sneak out, murder a slave, and avoid getting caught. When we can convince the Packers to run that sort of training camp, we'll win 6 superbowls in a row! But we'll also have 124,560 penalty yards each season.

Rastak
09-23-2007, 10:48 AM
Well, I had to vote yes, because I can't bring myself to vote against a packer win on the day the game is being played. Usually, I only figure the packers to lose when I look at a span of games.

I do see us as the underdog, but I go into each game expecting to win nonetheless.

Still, for those of us who voted 'yes', we have to remember that we also must beat Minnesota and Chicago over the next two weeks. So the really big question is - what are the chances of starting the season 5-0? You gotta' ask yourself, "Do you feel lucky, punk?"...er, uh... sorry, wrong movie... I meant, you gotta' ask yourself, do you feel lucky?

Speaking of movies, I haven't seen 300 yet, no, but I believe it's an "eye piece" so I look forward to seeing it. (But it should have been called 1200, because there were about 900 slave-soldiers with them. But then, I can't remember for sure, maybe those 900 withdrew with the other 8,000 or so. The 300 refers only to the third day of the battle - for the first two days, there were around 9,000, give or take (and depending on which historian you prefer)).

Those guys went through a tough upbringing. They were taken from their mothers at the age of 7 and kept in military training for the next 11 years. Their final test was to sneak out, murder a slave, and avoid getting caught. When we can convince the Packers to run that sort of training camp, we'll win 6 superbowls in a row! But we'll also have 124,560 penalty yards each season.

I have the original on DVD....it was a very good movie.

Jimx29
09-23-2007, 03:43 PM
This is the perfect game to go into believing that realistically we have about a 30% chance of winning, and then have the day go great by having the Pack win :nodsnods:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/numbnutz/smilies/smilie_banana-piano.gif

b bulldog
09-23-2007, 03:44 PM
I am numb after this win

the_idle_threat
09-23-2007, 03:53 PM