PDA

View Full Version : Technical help

MJZiggy
09-23-2007, 09:50 AM
There are two computers in my house that are supposed to be networked, but every time I even turn the other computer on (even if I don't log in) it kicks me off the network. The other one is the one with the tv card in it, so I'd like to record the game on that one, but can't even turn it on. Ideas?

GrnBay007
09-23-2007, 09:56 AM
Turn both off and get out of the house for awhile!

.....just a thought. :wink:

Iron Mike
09-23-2007, 09:59 AM

And the fact that both of you combined have greater than 10,000 posts is not just a little ironical??? :P

MJZiggy
09-23-2007, 09:59 AM
I am going grocery shopping and soccer this afternoon (which is why I NEED to be able to record the game!!! stupid 4:00 games, what are they thinking???)

superfan
09-23-2007, 04:25 PM
Sounds like maybe each computer has the same IP address. Each computer on the network should have a unique address.

Depending on how your network is set up, there are several different steps that can be taken to resolve the issue, some of which can be a bit lengthy for posts. PM me if you want additional help.

the_idle_threat
09-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Shoot both computers and buy new ones. :P

billy_oliver880
09-23-2007, 06:30 PM
Start button: Run: Type "cmd"

You will get a little black window that comes up. This your command prompt.

In the command prompt window.
Type "ipconfig /release"

Should take about a minute and it will kick you off the internet.
When it finishes you should be able to type in the box again.
Type "ipconfig /renew"

This should renew your ip address. (leave the quotes out though)

Hope this helps!

MJZiggy
09-23-2007, 06:31 PM
Thank you, guys!!!

Zool
09-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Sounds like maybe each computer has the same IP address. Each computer on the network should have a unique address.

Depending on how your network is set up, there are several different steps that can be taken to resolve the issue, some of which can be a bit lengthy for posts. PM me if you want additional help.

Its like Win95 all over again. Just release the damned ip on login and renew. Windows irks me sometimes.

GBRulz
09-23-2007, 10:35 PM

And the fact that both of you combined have greater than 10,000 posts is not just a little ironical??? :P

Um, if you combine almost anyone with Zig, they will have almost 10,000 posts!! :wink: