PDA

View Full Version : Don Banks on CNNSI.com re: Packer offseason

jack's smirking revenge
05-05-2006, 02:45 PM
GREEN BAY PACKERS

Headline additions: Hired Mike McCarthy as head coach, signed cornerback Charles Woodson and drafted linebacker A.J. Hawk in the first round.

Offseason vibe: Now that the Brett Favre purgatory stage of their offseason is finally over, the Packers know what they'll be playing with in 2006: a slightly upgraded (maybe) version of the roster that nosedived to a Favre-era low of 4-12 last season. Favre is coming back for a 16th NFL season, but Green Bay would have ended this season better off and further along in its rebuilding if he hadn't. The Packers may win a few more games with Favre than they would have with Aaron Rodgers at quarterback, but not enough to make a real difference in the standings.

Tarlam!
05-06-2006, 02:00 AM
This is an appraisal that will either be accurate or it won't. Simple as that.

I hope the writer gets to eat his words, though!

MadtownPacker
05-06-2006, 02:05 AM
The writer is a moron who will be kissing Favre's ass immediately if he starts the season hot. It is his job so thats OK.

Partial
05-06-2006, 03:46 AM
I agree with the writer, all he is saying is A-Rod would be further along next season had he started this season. For better or worse, it's prolly true. I LOVE watching favre, though.