PDA

View Full Version : Ahman Green injured

Patler
09-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Can't find anything specific, other than that he left the game injured.

4 carries for 5 yards in todays game.
Gado and Cook finished the game.

MadtownPacker
09-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Just saw that it was his knee.

PackerBlues
09-23-2007, 03:35 PM
yeah, I had him in both of my fantasy teams. I knew I should have went with Chris Brown, since Houstons #1 receiver was out and Indy's D was going to be able to key in on Green. I decided to stick with him though, cause I am to damned loyal. Hope it's not a serious injury. :(

Lurker64
09-23-2007, 03:35 PM
That's too bad. I hope he's all right. I was hoping AG would have a hell of a year, not only because I like him but also because that means we'd get a better Compensatory pick.

Patler
09-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Just saw that it was his knee.

He was limited in practice early this week because of a knee. I wonder if he injured it more, or if he tried and just couldn't play because of the earlier problem.

b bulldog
09-23-2007, 03:36 PM
aGE AND INJURY WERE MY CONCERNS ABOUT RESIGNING HIM. i HOPE HE MENDS QUICKLY.

swede
09-23-2007, 03:39 PM
That sucks for him. :(

I was wishing him the very best, and I thought the Texan's march to respectability was looking like a good story. I'd take Mike Sherman as an OL coach or an OC any day, and I thought AG was going into a good situation.

I truly hope he'll be back this season. The prospect of rehabbing a major injury for a year would be devastating news for him and his legacy as a player.

Harlan Huckleby
09-23-2007, 03:40 PM
I'd take Mike Sherman as an OL coach or an OC any day

How about as a TE coach one year, and Coach-GM the next? :lol:

swede
09-23-2007, 04:12 PM
I'd take Mike Sherman as an OL coach or an OC any day

How about as a TE coach one year, and Coach-GM the next? :lol:

Hey, I only said a day. I didn't say how many days. And I didn't say TE coach and I didn't say combine scout either...

"Image of big sleeping man"

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 07:06 PM
There are advantages to going young. Experience helps, but sometimes age hurts.

I think we have a team that is going to play it's best football at the end of the season. There are aging teams that will crumble in the playoffs.

Sometimes youth hurts just enough to keep you out. If you find a way to get in, the youth can really be on your side.

As far as letting Green go, it hurt at the time but it might have been the best call with all of the risks weighed in. Sherman acts suprised when guys like Joe Johnson and A Green get injured. It's like he has no clue that, that is part of the risk of going old. I'm really happy with the direction of this team. Even if Green would have stayed healthy, our youth would have gotten better and I think they'll help us in the playoffs.

Harlan Huckleby
09-23-2007, 11:27 PM
There are advantages to going young.

<frat boy jokes suppressed>